• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats UCF. You win. Permanently. I'm done.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,635
  • Days Won:  6

Congrats UCF. You win. Permanently.

lee corso | Better On Draft

GO BULLS!

Edited by 79 Bull

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

The self-loathing and pity party on this board is ridiculous. As a UCF fan, I would have loved nothing more for USF to join UCF in a Power 5 conference to see these two programs grow together and continue their rivalry, but rivalry's only matter when both teams actually try, and USF hasn't tried in many, many years. No money has been invested in their football program and it shows and sadly, it's probably too late at this point as the college football landscape is changing, and USF probably doesn't have the 10+ years it will take to grow their program when everyone else is going to be adjusting as well. 

One other thing: I still find it amazing and hilarious that USF fans (especially ones on this board) still give UCF crap about their football stadium. No, it's not some modern day marvel, it's not the nicest stadium ever constructed, but you know what? It doesn't matter, and it never mattered. Very few people I'm sure ever sat in the stands thinking "wow I wish this stadium had chairs instead of benches" or "I wish it had some of those expensive suites for insanely rich people." The 50 million dollars UCF invested for on campus football was the single most important catalyst as to why UCF's program took off. It allowed students, fans, and most importantly alumni to be on the campus and see the growth first hand. It created a sense of community having it on our campus which means more donations to the college. That's a big part of the reason why the gameday experience is so incredible there. Say what you want, but that rust bucket, pop up stadium will be hosting Big 12 football in a couple of years, and USF will have been left behind. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,729
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, USFsKnightmare18 said:

The self-loathing and pity party on this board is ridiculous. As a UCF fan, I would have loved nothing more for USF to join UCF in a Power 5 conference to see these two programs grow together and continue their rivalry, but rivalry's only matter when both teams actually try, and USF hasn't tried in many, many years. No money has been invested in their football program and it shows and sadly, it's probably too late at this point as the college football landscape is changing, and USF probably doesn't have the 10+ years it will take to grow their program when everyone else is going to be adjusting as well. 

One other thing: I still find it amazing and hilarious that USF fans (especially ones on this board) still give UCF crap about their football stadium. No, it's not some modern day marvel, it's not the nicest stadium ever constructed, but you know what? It doesn't matter, and it never mattered. Very few people I'm sure ever sat in the stands thinking "wow I wish this stadium had chairs instead of benches" or "I wish it had some of those expensive suites for insanely rich people." The 50 million dollars UCF invested for on campus football was the single most important catalyst as to why UCF's program took off. It allowed students, fans, and most importantly alumni to be on the campus and see the growth first hand. It created a sense of community having it on our campus which means more donations to the college. That's a big part of the reason why the gameday experience is so incredible there. Say what you want, but that rust bucket, pop up stadium will be hosting Big 12 football in a couple of years, and USF will have been left behind. 

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Enjoy your team's success. Go Bulls! 🤘

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,860
  • Days Won:  67

45 minutes ago, USFsKnightmare18 said:

Good for you, now get a life and get the hell off this board, this is for actual USF fans.  Serious question, why would you feel the need to post on here, wouldn’t it make more sense for you to circle jerk with your other c fans?  Celebrate your progress and discuss that with other like minded fans, your analysis about why your team is great and we bite really isn’t welcome so don’t let the door hit you in the ass. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Good for you, now get a life and get the hell off this board, this is for actual USF fans.  Serious question, why would you feel the need to post on here, wouldn’t it make more sense for you to circle jerk with your other c fans?  Celebrate your progress and discuss that with other like minded fans, your analysis about why your team is great and we bite really isn’t welcome so don’t let the door hit you in the ass. 

Because they have built so much of their identity around us. It doesn’t matter what you do in life you really don’t change that much from your formative years and in their heart they are still the ugly, chubby nerd that couldn’t get laid in women’s prison with a fist full of pardons. They need our acceptance but it’s not coming, it’s kind of sad. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

59 minutes ago, USFsKnightmare18 said:

Drop the mic 🎤….perfect post.

It’s crazy to me that there are still people here that seem to think an OCS has little to nothing to with building a program.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Drop the mic 🎤….perfect post.

It’s crazy to me that there are still people here that seem to think an OCS has little to nothing to with building a program.

It’s because it is a symptom and not the cause. There are teams playing off campus that do just fine and there are people playing in empty OCS’ as they fail miserably. UCF built an OCS and they had success but correlation doesn’t always equal causation and I have yet to see anyone present anything that indicates an OCS adds x amount of victories, at most it indicates a greater commitment but there is no reason that couldn’t be demonstrated any number of ways the greater issue is that we haven’t demonstrated it in any way and not that it isn’t that exact way. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, puc86 said:

It’s because it is a symptom and not the cause. There are teams playing off campus that do just fine and there are people playing in empty OCS’ as they fail miserably. UCF built an OCS and they had success but correlation doesn’t always equal causation and I have yet to see anyone present anything that indicates an OCS adds x amount of victories, at most it indicates a greater commitment but there is no reason that couldn’t be demonstrated any number of ways the greater issue is that we haven’t demonstrated it in any way and not that it isn’t that exact way. 

OCS gets alumni back on campus, so it possibly boosts engagement. I think that leads to a virtuous cycle, of engagement, giving, and more importantly giving a ****. We don’t get folks on campus, no one has an attachment to the glazer bowl and we fail to connect with a lot of folks after they graduate. Would having an OCS help…. Maybe

• Like 1

Just now, Roaming Bull said:

OCS gets alumni back on campus, so it possibly boosts engagement. I think that leads to a virtuous cycle, of engagement, giving, and more importantly giving a ****. We don’t get folks on campus, no one has an attachment to the glazer bowl and we fail to connect with a lot of folks after they graduate. Would having an OCS help…. Maybe

I completely agree that it could possibly help, I completely disagree that it is a tried and true path to success and funding. If we had been in the BEAST winning championships and NY6 we would have made plenty of money at Ray Jay subsequently we would have lost way more money having an OCS while losing every game in the AAC.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I completely agree that it could possibly help, I completely disagree that it is a tried and true path to success and funding. If we had been in the BEAST winning championships and NY6 we would have made plenty of money at Ray Jay subsequently we would have lost way more money having an OCS while losing every game in the AAC.

I don’t think we would have lost much. Hosts some concerts or other events and try to break even. Nothing is certain in life except death and taxes