• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats UCF. You win. Permanently. I'm done.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Understandable frustration from the OP. Yes, this is exactly how UCF fans felt in 2003 when their team had 30 years of doing nothing under its belt, and USF was invited to the Big East with 6 years of football under its belt. Yes, UCF has gone all-in and sold out in favor of football success, and it has worked for them. It has also tarred their institution's reputation greatly, and conference realignment aside, political and educational circles in the state will always respect USF far above the diploma mill to the east. 

The revamped Big 12 will be the latest iteration of the tallest midget conference, and USF will for a time be relegated to a lower status. My hope is the AAC does not invite FAU or FIU, especially because Taggart is likely to have FAU on a winning spree soon. But, now is not the time to deprive USF Athletics of the support of its most staunch supporters in its time of need.

True, Mark Harlan and Charlie Strong really set us back. But Michael Kelly is the real deal. Jeff Scott and crew will have the football team back in shape soon. And if the last 20 years and beyond have taught us anything, there will be realignments every several years or a few times a decade. The focus has to be on improving ourselves for the time the next round comes. If we have an IPF, football success, continued academic success, and the RayJay starts getting better attendance again for a winning team with a winning culture, we can position well for the future.

I'm as unhappy with the news as any. But I'm not surprised. I think we were one coaching hire away from a different result, had Harlan chosen better than Strong. But things still look great for USF's future, even if it has been a decade of setbacks lately.

Go Bulls!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I was the OP and I was speaking out of anger when I made the original post.  Upon reflection, I plan to continue to support USF, even if it is a watered down league.  Heck, I have supported this program for 25 years, might as well continue to do so.  I don't know how many of you watched the 80-3 win live in the original game, but I did, and watched the rise to the Big East.  So this was a sucker punch to the gut.  If you can't understand that, I don't know what to tell you.

If USF is relegated to CUSA/Sun Belt 5.0, then so be it.  

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 9/2/2021 at 10:47 PM, BullsFanInTX said:

I may be done with USF football for a very long while, possibly permanently.  Congrats UCF.  You won.  You are superior to USF in every way.  Enjoy your invite to the Big 12.  I do not care anymore.  I don't care if USF goes to FCS, D2 or D3.  I have been a die hard fan of USF since day one, 80-3 over Kentucky Weslyan.  I watched as USF went from FCS to Indy to CUSA to BE.  I watched USF get left behind once in the Big East.  I am now about to watch USF get left behind again.  Quite frankly, once was enough.  I don't want to see it again.  I do not care.  

So to UCF, enjoy your spoils.  I lay down my USF fan card.  There is nothing left to do.  I am tired.  I am done.  And I may be out permanently.  I don't see the point any more.  I am too old for this, and frankly, I need to move on to other pursuits that are actually worthwhile.

I am stepping away from USF football for a while.  Jeff Scott, don't care what you do.  You are going to leave anyways either by getting fired, or if by some miracle you do win, leave to another program.  Because that's what coaches do.  They leave Group of 5 programs like USF and go to power programs like UCF.  so Jeff Scott, stop parading around like you care about USF.  The only reason you care about USF is because they are paying your checks and hired you.  You will be gone first opportunity one way or another, and that's a fact, Jack. 

UCF has a superior athletic program to USF in every way.  Anyone who argues otherwise is a complete and total idiot. 

Signing off.  Former Bulls Fan In Texas.  Now, what's the point in Texas  

There's always Texas Tech they looked pretty good...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

21 minutes ago, RoundTableKnight said:

Dude ... please put down the crack pipe and start facing reality. And so you all know, we think you're all a joke over on our thread. Watching the meltdown over here is funnier than a combined Chris Rock / Dave Chappelle comedy special.

I skipped church just so that I could come over here and mess with you guys. You guys are pathetic effing losers!!! Enjoy your sh1tty bottom-feeder conference. #AACyalater

So you typically spend your Sundays focused on something that you believe will happen even though it hasn’t happened in 2021 years so that you can dunk on people that believe in something that hasn’t happened in 12 years? Sounds pretty on brand.

1 minute ago, RoundTableKnight said:

Another delusuonal Bulls-hitter. We're going to the B12, that's just a fact. Funny thing is, even in the Glass Jaw AAC, USF isn't even "the best of the rest."

So in a word “yes”

Just now, RoundTableKnight said:

Enjoy the AAC bottom feeder. 

And yet for some odd reason here you are almost as if your entire identity revolves around seeking an affirmation that will never come, sad. Good luck with that second coming I think it’s just a few short years away. Do you think with your B12 money you guys will finally get a message board of your own?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

10 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Understandable frustration from the OP. Yes, this is exactly how UCF fans felt in 2003 when their team had 30 years of doing nothing under its belt, and USF was invited to the Big East with 6 years of football under its belt. Yes, UCF has gone all-in and sold out in favor of football success, and it has worked for them. It has also tarred their institution's reputation greatly, and conference realignment aside, political and educational circles in the state will always respect USF far above the diploma mill to the east. 

The revamped Big 12 will be the latest iteration of the tallest midget conference, and USF will for a time be relegated to a lower status. My hope is the AAC does not invite FAU or FIU, especially because Taggart is likely to have FAU on a winning spree soon. But, now is not the time to deprive USF Athletics of the support of its most staunch supporters in its time of need.

True, Mark Harlan and Charlie Strong really set us back. But Michael Kelly is the real deal. Jeff Scott and crew will have the football team back in shape soon. And if the last 20 years and beyond have taught us anything, there will be realignments every several years or a few times a decade. The focus has to be on improving ourselves for the time the next round comes. If we have an IPF, football success, continued academic success, and the RayJay starts getting better attendance again for a winning team with a winning culture, we can position well for the future.

I'm as unhappy with the news as any. But I'm not surprised. I think we were one coaching hire away from a different result, had Harlan chosen better than Strong. But things still look great for USF's future, even if it has been a decade of setbacks lately.

Go Bulls!

Slow_Clap_GIF_Image_for_Whatsapp_and_Fac

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And yet for some odd reason here you are

... were.

• Haha 2