• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats UCF. You win. Permanently. I'm done.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,015
  • Days Won:  469

Good thought.  Forgot about the faux rivalry that sparked a faux rivalry.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

9 hours ago, USFsKnightmare18 said:

USF hasn't tried in many, many years. No money has been invested in their football program and it shows and sadly, it's probably too late at this point as the college football landscape is changing, and USF probably doesn't have the 10+ years it will take to grow their program when everyone else is going to be adjusting as well. 

As a USF fan I can objectively say all of this is true.

9 hours ago, USFsKnightmare18 said:

One other thing: I still find it amazing and hilarious that USF fans (especially ones on this board) still give UCF crap about their football stadium. No, it's not some modern day marvel, it's not the nicest stadium ever constructed, but you know what? It doesn't matter, and it never mattered. 

I can also objectively say this is wrong.  UCF got lucky that all of their cost cutting corners didn't blow up in their face.  I would link the good ole article from a few years back that showed the stadium had critical structural issues but I'm too lazy to do it now.  The stadium *is* a joke-the name LITERALLY LITERALLY refers to how cheap it is.  I'm not making this up, it's called the Bounce House right now.  Seriously, I didn't do that, UCF did.  And UCF/ it's fans did that that in order to convince themselves that something crappy was instead "endearing".

UCF absolutely has a great game day atmosphere on campus because of that garbage stadium.  But its still a trash stadium that was built on the cheap.  And anyone else can rightly point that out; just like you can rightly point out USF is suffering because 0 investment was made to better it's football program.

And I wouldn't brag too much about hosting Big12 games.  Joining a failing conference that (assuming it isn't raided again) will end up looking like an "AAC+" to the average football commentator, isn't exactly making it to the big leagues.  College football is turning into SEC vs the PAC/B1G/ACC alliance, scheduling wise.  Neither the AAC nor the Big12 were invited to that table.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

As a USF fan I can objectively say all of this is true.

I can also objectively say this is wrong.  UCF got lucky that all of their cost cutting corners didn't blow up in their face.  I would link the good ole article from a few years back that showed the stadium had critical structural issues but I'm too lazy to do it now.  The stadium *is* a joke-the name LITERALLY LITERALLY refers to how cheap it is.  I'm not making this up, it's called the Bounce House right now.  Seriously, I didn't do that, UCF did.  And UCF/ it's fans did that that in order to convince themselves that something crappy was instead "endearing".

UCF absolutely has a great game day atmosphere on campus because of that garbage stadium.  But its still a trash stadium that was built on the cheap.  And anyone else can rightly point that out; just like you can rightly point out USF is suffering because 0 investment was made to better it's football program.

And I wouldn't brag too much about hosting Big12 games.  Joining a failing conference that (assuming it isn't raided again) will end up looking like an "AAC+" to the average football commentator, isn't exactly making it to the big leagues.  College football is turning into SEC vs the PAC/B1G/ACC alliance, scheduling wise.  Neither the AAC nor the Big12 were invited to that table.

The best part of this post is the ignorance to  history.  Go see pictures of the Orange Bowl, a complete dump but without it UM would be nothing.  Look at Doak Campbell, built just like UCF’s stadium with a a brick facade and some cement added later.  There are hundreds of stadiums built the same way.  

The Bounce House nickname has done more for UCF than anything USF has ever done in its entire sports history.  Those are facts.

Edited by South_Tampa_Knight

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, South_Tampa_Knight said:

The Bounce House nickname has done more for UCF than anything USF has ever done in its entire sports history.  Those are facts.

I'm not sure you are clear on the meaning of "facts"

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, South_Tampa_Knight said:

The best part of this post is the ignorance to  history.  Go see pictures of the Orange Bowl, a complete dump but without it UM would be nothing.  Look at Doak Campbell, built just like UCF’s stadium with a a brick facade and some cement added later.  There are hundreds of stadiums built the same way.  

You see what's funny is how you are obviously triggered by what I said.  You went full "a NiCkNaMeS a BiGgER aChIeVeMeNT tHAn AlL oF uSf".

That's the thing about so many UCF fans that I can't get.  Why is reality so hard to grasp?  You're probably one of the ones that goes nuclear when confronted about not actually winning a national championship in 2017.

And you think I'm ignorant of the past?  Go read this entire article and tell me my conclusion that 'the stadium was was built cheap, has structural issues, and UCF is lucky to have gotten away with it not blowing up in their face' is wrong.  Come on I dare you.

os-ucf-stadium-rust-20171010

UCF football stadium corroded with rust engineers report

11 hours ago, SquareKnight said:

Someone at UCF did try to cut costs and use a less expensive coating on the steel. 

I'm not exaggerating, this is the first time I've seen any UCF fan agree to that point.  That's miraculous to me.

11 hours ago, SquareKnight said:

The fact that the stadium bounces has zero to do with whether it is safe or not. Guess what...steel bends and flexes.  Skyscrapers can sway back and forth several feet in a strong wind or an earthquake.

And yes I understand steel bends, but a bending/bouncy seating area is *not* a desired effect; there's just no positive connotation there.  Hence I say the Bounce House nickname is covering for "cheap" construction.  Sure that can come across as just a blatant attack ignoring the prohibitive costs of making the stadium feel more secure....but it's also *not wrong*. 

So that all ties back to my original response to the person who said a cheap stadium "never mattered" and it's a "shock" that people still make fun of the stadium.  No it does matter and it very clearly still matters to UCF fans...otherwise the name of the stadium would be medieval themed instead of an obvious nickname to defuse attacks on it's most glaring negative.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7

12 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

showed the stadium had critical structural issues

Those "critical structural issues" you refer to was some rust. Independent engineers came in and and said the stadium was OK. The stadium has even since been reinforced, just to eliminate all doubt. 

On 9/5/2021 at 3:29 PM, Bull Nut said:

Congrats on potentially being accepted in to a conference that is on life support. The fact remains that the college football landscape is heading towards a power 4 conference structure and the Big 12 will be on the outside looking in just like the AAC.

There will be no Power 4 conference structure, as if the Big 12 disbands, the PAC 12 will be right there with them. They only have USC who sucks and Oregon who also isn't that great. The only two conferences that will be left standing will be the Big10 and the SEC, and I think UCF would fit in just nice with the Big10 with the Orlando media market. 

• Haha 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

53 minutes ago, USFsKnightmare18 said:

There will be no Power 4 conference structure, as if the Big 12 disbands, the PAC 12 will be right there with them. They only have USC who sucks and Oregon who also isn't that great. The only two conferences that will be left standing will be the Big10 and the SEC, and I think UCF would fit in just nice with the Big10 with the Orlando media market. 

Big 10????? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Slow down there speed racer.

41 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Big 10????? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Slow down there speed racer.

Absolutely possible. Shoot, Big10 took Maryland and Rutgers in their conference, maybe they will even take USF since they're used to dealing with trash programs :)