• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

National Signing Day chat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We need more DL's.  the DL was atrocious this year.  I know everyone is coming back, but that's one area of concern I don't see being beefed up through recruits or the portal.  Unfortunate.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

16 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

It was a new staff this year and they didn’t have a full Spring and Fall season to set up, so yes this coming year will be their first full one

I was hoping we had replaced Spencer, but I will settle for a full Spring season

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Some of you don't like it, but interesting anyway

127764089.jpg.jpg

Another deep dive into USF recruiting history.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Promising. Let’s hope he can keep the recruiting momentum going.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

36 minutes ago, Triple B said:

it's our fault for not hiring someone who could have started recruiting 6 months before he was hired .......

Let’s put that aside for a moment, do you really get to claim victory when you recruit better than a class apparently no one was recruiting and responsible for and return it back to par for all the classes someone was actually recruiting?

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, puc86 said:

Let’s put that aside for a moment, do you really get to claim victory when you recruit better than a class apparently no one was recruiting and responsible for and return it back to par for all the classes someone was actually recruiting?

I think the victory is in reversing the downward recruiting trajectory in spite of coming off two of the worst years in the program's history. Doing so with a new staff that was arguably more impacted by the disruptions to the Spring and practice than most other programs made it a little more remarkable. 

As for the transfers, I don't know if these are guys that CJS and his staff had a connection to in high school. Could also be that they were craving PT and looked at our roster and figured they would have the best shot to see the field. Either way, the list of transfers are impressive thus far. They all seem to be big-time recruits from P5 programs. Hopefully they contribute. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

@puc86 just before he gets ready to hate all over USF football...as usual...

angry tyra banks GIF

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Who the **** is claiming any kind of a "victory"?? They're saying it's a better class than last year's and by every measurement, it is, isn't it? ****, I hate when you go into your drama queen mode ........ which is misleading because it infers you're not always in that mode. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Not to be a party pooper but I would have liked to see at least a couple of DTs in this class.  Our current DTs are not good.

I vote for that(dont change my vote). I want to have some D lineman who are reeking havoc in the backfield committing assault and battery(nothing sexual)on an unsuspecting QB like the old days. I have great hope for Grier next year