• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott on QB Changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Wake me when he discusses coaching, strategy and department changes. It sounds like he is already on the second envelope of the three envelopes. He is a failure he has created failure and he needs to institute change not the subordinates.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What is unacceptable is that the staff is unable to coach Johnson so that he does not run with the football like he is carrying a loaf of bread

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, bowman1 said:

What is unacceptable is that the staff is unable to coach Johnson so that he does not run with the football like he is carrying a loaf of bread

That's fair.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, bowman1 said:

True but it could also be the player not following what he was taught 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Scott on his first QB change: "I just felt like we weren't moving the ball on offense and I wanted some new energy."

I thought this many games ago.  

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

True but it could also be the player not following what he was taught 

Also a possibility - at the same time, that was not the first time in that drive (nor I am pretty sure the game) that he had carried the ball like that.  Where is the sideline coaching adjustment?

Johnson appears to be a rhythm QB, yet he is the only one between himself, McCloud, and Marsh not to get the start or consistent drives - given how dynamic he can be at times, I find it odd that up until last night, he has primarily been used as a scramble/change of pace QB as opposed to one with a complete game plan built around him

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

7 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Let's be honest...  teachers have taught people how to speak correctly for years. Every time I hear someone "ax for something", is it the teacher's fault or the individual speaking? Same can be said about carrying a football. Coaches have taught Noah how to properly carry a football since his first days on the field. At some point, the disconnect happens. Is it the coach's fault or the individual? Place blame where the blame needs to be placed. Coach Scott nailed it - the fumbling needs to stop. If it doesn't, you'll be benched. It was a very good move by Coach Scott.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

45 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Also a possibility - at the same time, that was not the first time in that drive (nor I am pretty sure the game) that he had carried the ball like that.  Where is the sideline coaching adjustment?

Johnson appears to be a rhythm QB, yet he is the only one between himself, McCloud, and Marsh not to get the start or consistent drives - given how dynamic he can be at times, I find it odd that up until last night, he has primarily been used as a scramble/change of pace QB as opposed to one with a complete game plan built around him

THANK YOU!!! Ive been saying that all season. CJS just doesnt like Noah to me.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

Just spitballing here... but maybe Weiss’ plays are quite challenging and require a lengthy progression. Due to our O-line there is a lot of pressure on the QB and maybe JMc and Noah are not making it through the progression before bailing and scrambling. There was a definite change when Fortin entered the game. He was either working through the play progression or had different plays.  He made a mistake on play 2 by lowering his shoulder at the end of his run against a LB.  Then hit in similar fashion attempting to score resulting in a shoulder injury.  
I personally think there are some political dynamics in play making these QB selections. Something doesn’t add up. 

In the end... if the D is going to allow 40 points every game... we are screwed even with a 5 star QB.