• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott on QB Changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

If, and when, Scott turns it around you are going to get **** on big time with your position. Little mustard with crow sandwich?

I’ve never said he can’t do it (he is new to the position and the job) just that his decisions and approach have been horrible and directly have contributed to his complete failure that cannot solely be blamed on CCS. I wish nothing more than for him to turn things around but if he thinks staying the corse of failure miracles it’s way success he is completely wrong. Success and failure is a flat Earth and if you want to continue a failing path in order to show its actually a sphere unlike the adventures of the early seas you are going to go off the edge of it.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am always optimistic about anything I control and my optimism on things I do not control is driven by past results unfortunately that does not bode well for this situation but I think that speaks more to it than to me.

pretty small sample size but 2 of our 4 hires have been good.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

more likely he had covid

Probably, it seemed even when he dressed out he was not given an ample chance but that was probably due to lack of practice time, understanding the offense etc,,  i would have liked to see him go Fortin or Johnson much earlier, his reluctance to bench McCloud and try something else was head scratching after he realized his limitations coupledwith the teams lack of talent.  Need someone back there with good mobility as we all have said for years.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

pretty small sample size but 2 of our 4 hires have been good.

CWT was a horrible hire, lucky for us he was able to pivot but every single thing about his strategy going in made him one of the worst choices we could have made and it is why he managed to lose to an FBS team and have the worst record in program history that only CJS seems capable of beating. I was happy with how CWT ended but the majority of his time here was a disaster and I’m not sure based on what he was bringing in he would have had an answer for the departure of Q. He was smart to leave when he did because a 2 year stretch of success based on a couple of key players is starting to look a lot like the only trick he had up his sleeve. 

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’ve never said he can’t do it (he is new to the position and the job) just that his decisions and approach have been horrible and directly have contributed to his complete failure that cannot solely be blamed on CCS. I wish nothing more than for him to turn things around but if he thinks staying the corse of failure miracles it’s way success he is completely wrong. Success and failure is a flat Earth and if you want to continue a failing path in order to show its actually a sphere unlike the adventures of the early seas you are going to go off the edge of it.

I've seen your boy Leavitt make some absolutely terrible coaching decisions and his teams played awful more than once. Scott has been head coach for all of 6 games in a year when he had no spring practice, games cancelled and players out due to virus.

• Like 1

Just now, Bull94 said:

I've seen your boy Leavitt make some absolutely terrible coaching decisions and his teams played awful more than once. Scott has been head coach for all of 6 games in a year when he had no spring practice, games cancelled and players out due to virus.

True, at least we had everyone back last night or the game might have turned ugly.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, bowman1 said:

What is unacceptable is that the staff is unable to coach Johnson so that he does not run with the football like he is carrying a loaf of bread

True...Amazed that NJ carries the ball in one hand going up field especially since he had so much success at Alcorn. McCloud same thing accept he cradles it like a baby on his forearm just waiting for some fist to knock it up in the air. On a good note(yes I saw a good thing) Fortin tucked the ball when he turned it up field like a running back but then Poof! he was gone...

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Probably, it seemed even when he dressed out he was not given an ample chance but that was probably due to lack of practice time, understanding the offense etc,,  i would have liked to see him go Fortin or Johnson much earlier, his reluctance to bench McCloud and try something else was head scratching after he realized his limitations coupledwith the teams lack of talent.  Need someone back there with good mobility as we all have said for years.

we are like 6 weeks into the season. Fortin , if he had covid, couldn't practice or play for the first 2 weeks. possible he had lingering symptoms too.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

CWT was a horrible hire, lucky for us he was able to pivot but every single thing about his strategy going in made him one of the worst choices we could have made and it is why he managed to lose to an FBS team and have the worst record in program history that only CJS seems capable of beating. I was happy with how CWT ended but the majority of his time here was a disaster and I’m not sure based on what he was bringing in he would have had an answer for the departure of Q. He was smart to leave when he did because a 2 year stretch of success based on a couple of key players is starting to look a lot like the only trick he had up his sleeve. 

CWT was the reason we had a   35-6 run and finished ranked for the first time.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

CWT was a horrible hire

He rebuilt the team and we received a payout in his departure, he was exactly what we needed at the time. I don’t think he is much of a coach either but sometimes it is better to be lucky than good and he was good for our program.