• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott on QB Changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, 94 Bull said:

Just spitballing here... but maybe Weiss’ plays are quite challenging and require a lengthy progression. Due to our O-line there is a lot of pressure on the QB and maybe JMc and Noah are not making it through the progression before bailing and scrambling. There was a definite change when Fortin entered the game. He was either working through the play progression or had different plays.  He made a mistake on play 2 by lowering his shoulder at the end of his run against a LB.  Then hit in similar fashion attempting to score resulting in a shoulder injury.  
I personally think there are some political dynamics in play making these QB selections. Something doesn’t add up. 

In the end... if the D is going to allow 40 points every game... we are screwed even with a 5 star QB. 

Step 1...get the best qb out there...let's take care of that first shall we?

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

Let's be honest...  teachers have taught people how to speak correctly for years. Every time I hear someone "ax for something", is it the teacher's fault or the individual speaking? Same can be said about carrying a football. Coaches have taught Noah how to properly carry a football since his first days on the field. At some point, the disconnect happens. Is it the coach's fault or the individual? Place blame where the blame needs to be placed. Coach Scott nailed it - the fumbling needs to stop. If it doesn't, you'll be benched. It was a very good move by Coach Scott.

I agree, the fumbling needs to stop and I can see your point and Coach Scott’s 

At the same time, per the coach’s statement, he brought Johnson in to bring new energy 

No doubt, Johnson is a high risk, high reward guy, who was trying to make a play - why bring him in, only to pull him the minute he makes a mistake?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

The ONLY good part of the night was special teams.

Last night was the first time this year I saw pisspoor attitudes on the sideline. McCloud moping around. Ford jerking away from a coach trying to talk to him. The Roberts thing. Guys standing around talking, not paying attention even when they are supposed to be in the sideline huddle. I saw coaches having to call them over.

I hope CJS can right this before he actually does lose the locker room.

BUT!

Studio_Project (2)a.jpeg

Edited by BDYZR

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, BDYZR said:

The ONLY good part of the night was special teams.

Last night was the first time this year I saw pisspoor attitudes on the sideline. McCloud moping around. Ford jerking away from a coach trying to talk to him. The Roberts thing. Guys standing around talking, not paying attention even when they are supposed to be in the sideline huddle. I saw coaches having to call them over.

I hope CJS can right this before he actually does lose the locker room.

it's common for a new coach to come in and have problems with the previous coach's players. it's why strong had to run off all Taggart's and Mack's guys.....

we will see a purge again this year. We will start to see young guys who buy in take over.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

it's common for a new coach to come in and have problems with the previous coach's players. it's why strong had to run off all Taggart's and Mack's guys.....

we will see a purge again this year. We will start to see young guys who buy in take over.

At least it ended well when Strong got his players in, I’m back to being optimistic 

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

At least it ended well when Strong got his players in, I’m back to being optimistic 

it doesn't always end well but there's only one way to find out. I'm not sure you and optimistic belong in the same paragraph let alone sentence.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

it doesn't always end well but there's only one way to find out. I'm not sure you and optimistic belong in the same paragraph let alone sentence.

I am always optimistic about anything I control and my optimism on things I do not control is driven by past results unfortunately that does not bode well for this situation but I think that speaks more to it than to me.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If, and when, Scott turns it around you are going to get **** on big time with your position. Little mustard with crow sandwich?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

11 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Scott on his first QB change: "I just felt like we weren't moving the ball on offense and I wanted some new energy."

I thought this many games ago.  

I think we all did, his refusal to play Cade earlier made little sense after seeing his ability, what did we have to lose with him.  I wonder with Scott in his first year with all of the racial strife and having 4 black QB’s and one white QB did he feel uncomfortable starting him over the others especially if the team was losing with him starting.  He could be perceived  as a southern good ole boy causing issues in the locker room.  I will probably get dismissed and I am not saying I believe this at all however could this have swayed his decision either consciously or unconsciously?

Just now, Friscobull said:

I think we all did, his refusal to play Cade earlier made little sense after seeing his ability, what did we have to lose with him.  I wonder with Scott in his first year with all of the racial strife and having 4 black QB’s and one white QB did he feel uncomfortable starting him over the others especially if the team was losing with him starting.  He could be perceived  as a southern good ole boy causing issues in the locker room.  I will probably get dismissed and I am not saying I believe this at all however could this have swayed his decision either consciously or unconsciously?

more likely he had covid