• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott on QB Changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I've seen your boy Leavitt make some absolutely terrible coaching decisions and his teams played awful more than once. Scott has been head coach for all of 6 games in a year when he had no spring practice, games cancelled and players out due to virus.

Thank you!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He rebuilt the team and we received a payout in his departure, he was exactly what we needed at the time. I don’t think he is much of a coach either but sometimes it is better to be lucky than good and he was good for our program.

We didn’t hire him knowing that he would change strategies at the midway point or have a couple of recruiting successes we hired him as 7-5 ceiling coach from middle of nowhere Kentucky that wanted to unsuccessfully run a Harbaugh style offense that got the results it should have expected. It ended up fine and it would have been nice to see how the story ended but the hire and the initial results were awful. CWT did not succeed in the end because he failed he succeeded because he gave up his failing ways and decided to develop a winning strategy.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thank you!

No one likes CJL because he didn’t fail, he is human, they like him because he did succeed and bleed green and gold at an infectious rate that makes Covid wear CJL pajamas to bed. No one is mad at CJS because he has had some mistakes it’s that in 6 games we haven’t found a single success. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

12 hours ago, puc86 said:

Wake me when he discusses coaching, strategy and department changes. It sounds like he is already on the second envelope of the three envelopes. He is a failure he has created failure and he needs to institute change not the subordinates.

scott gets apass this year

he should get another year added on to his contract

he needs 2 years at least to recruit his own players

you guys need to be patient

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 94 Bull said:

Just spitballing here... but maybe Weiss’ plays are quite challenging and require a lengthy progression. Due to our O-line there is a lot of pressure on the QB and maybe JMc and Noah are not making it through the progression before bailing and scrambling. There was a definite change when Fortin entered the game. He was either working through the play progression or had different plays.  He made a mistake on play 2 by lowering his shoulder at the end of his run against a LB.  Then hit in similar fashion attempting to score resulting in a shoulder injury.  
I personally think there are some political dynamics in play making these QB selections. Something doesn’t add up. 

In the end... if the D is going to allow 40 points every game... we are screwed even with a 5 star QB. 

great points------the defense is horrible

4 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

Let's be honest...  teachers have taught people how to speak correctly for years. Every time I hear someone "ax for something", is it the teacher's fault or the individual speaking? Same can be said about carrying a football. Coaches have taught Noah how to properly carry a football since his first days on the field. At some point, the disconnect happens. Is it the coach's fault or the individual? Place blame where the blame needs to be placed. Coach Scott nailed it - the fumbling needs to stop. If it doesn't, you'll be benched. It was a very good move by Coach Scott.

you are so right

noah knows how to carry the football. his arrogance is disappointing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

The ONLY good part of the night was special teams.

Last night was the first time this year I saw pisspoor attitudes on the sideline. McCloud moping around. Ford jerking away from a coach trying to talk to him. The Roberts thing. Guys standing around talking, not paying attention even when they are supposed to be in the sideline huddle. I saw coaches having to call them over.

I hope CJS can right this before he actually does lose the locker room.

BUT!

Studio_Project (2)a.jpeg

cjs needs to clean house

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

On a good note(yes I saw a good thing) Fortin tucked the ball when he turned it up field like a running back but then Poof! he was gone...

I read that and thought I must be crazy because I could have sworn I saw him carry the ball just like NJ did when he got stripped so went back and checked. You're absolutely right on CF's first, longer run. He tucked it beautifully from the get go. On the second and last run, though, he was carrying it just like NJ did and tucked it away when about to get hit. I did like what I saw in his abbreviated appearance, overall ....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

We didn’t hire him knowing that he would change strategies at the midway point or have a couple of recruiting successes we hired him as 7-5 ceiling coach from middle of nowhere Kentucky that wanted to unsuccessfully run a Harbaugh style offense that got the results it should have expected. It ended up fine and it would have been nice to see how the story ended but the hire and the initial results were awful. CWT did not succeed in the end because he failed he succeeded because he gave up his failing ways and decided to develop a winning strategy.

We hired him because he was from the area and they thought he could recruit well and get some local talent which the team was completely devoid of, the gamble paid off.

1 hour ago, smazza said:

cjs needs to clean house

Team needs another good scrubbing 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I read that and thought I must be crazy because I could have sworn I saw him carry the ball just like NJ did when he got stripped so went back and checked. You're absolutely right on CF's first, longer run. He tucked it beautifully from the get go. On the second and last run, though, he was carrying it just like NJ did and tucked it away when about to get hit. I did like what I saw in his abbreviated appearance, overall ....

Yeah his last run scramble or design he pretty much lost his mind. I'm sure he was excited and wanted to try to get it to the end zone but..he paid the price on that one not opting to scoot out of bounds. They were coming hard never know he may have got an out of bounds hit?? But, at least he would have lived to see another play.  Maybe only a bruise hope it's not a fracture. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Coach Scott and Team?  I have lowered my expectations for this crazy year. maybe he an build and develop and see who he has that's a gamer. if we win one more thats prob within the realm of possibility. He has a lot of ground to make up in the AAC to catch up with the majority of the other members. You watch the other teams play and their improvement is very apparent. I think he is the guy to get us there. Until then I will watch, support and prob ***** a little but I will be logical about our product. 

🤘

• Upvote 1