• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Scott on QB Changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Guess we find out more this week hopefully no fracture.  Agree roll with Fortin if not available just use the freshman qb.  I'm sick of McCloud he should only see the field if every available qb we have is injured. 

In another world on another team with an O-Line maybe McCloud might develop into something, but his arm strength would always hinder him. In this situation I only see on QB going through progressions fast enough to move the ball or decide to run before the D crushes him.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

In another world on another team with an O-Line maybe McCloud might develop into something, but his arm strength would always hinder him. In this situation I only see on QB going through progressions fast enough to move the ball or decide to run before the D crushes him.

Yeah I gave McCloud the benefit of a doubt for as long as I could. I actually don’t have too much of problem with his arm strength versus his mechanics and accuracy. But what really gets me is that he is kind of a Bambi...goes down easy, fumbles easy (even bumping into his linemen causes a fumble), and does not have a strong mental fortitude. I am willing to bet he will transfer by the spring. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

His arm like said I think is fine for college.

He just doesnt have the mental game...he isnt quick in making decisions with this o line and he has no pocket awareness so that leads to bad sacks or fumbles. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

36 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

His arm like said I think is fine for college.

He just doesnt have the mental game...he isnt quick in making decisions with this o line and he has no pocket awareness so that leads to bad sacks or fumbles. 

The pocket awareness is a total failure and I don’t know if that can be taught. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The pocket awareness is a total failure and I don’t know if that can be taught. 

Yea I'm not sure that can be taught...if so it's not sticking at all.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

We can't move forward with McCloud

Edited by DJBulls

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472
  • Days Won:  0

In my opinion CF has been the guy the whole time not sure what coach knows that I don't. But dude has a cannon and we have to stretch the field with our talent level. If you noticed our D sucks, from the first game I have said we are soft up the middle and our D backs can't cover. WE NEED TO SCORE !!! Besides if your gonna lose do it spectacularly be anything but boring.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

19 minutes ago, gullibull said:

In my opinion CF has been the guy the whole time not sure what coach knows that I don't.

Per speculation, but I think it went something like this. 

Quarantine

Limited practice before Cincy and shuffled to the back

After a couple good weeks of practice was given another opportunity by the ones in front of him 

BOOM. hurt. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,742
  • Days Won:  17

On 10/24/2020 at 6:26 AM, The Sheriff said:

Let's be honest...  teachers have taught people how to speak correctly for years. Every time I hear someone "ax for something", is it the teacher's fault or the individual speaking? Same can be said about carrying a football. Coaches have taught Noah how to properly carry a football since his first days on the field. At some point, the disconnect happens. Is it the coach's fault or the individual? Place blame where the blame needs to be placed. Coach Scott nailed it - the fumbling needs to stop. If it doesn't, you'll be benched. It was a very good move by Coach Scott.

Individual responsibility is old school and oppressive.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

It’s official, this team is now tied with the worst team in USF history. The QB fumbles and missed hand offs the same issues we had that horrible season.