• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott on QB Changes

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

94 bull speaks the truth

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, smazza said:

cjs needs to clean house

I think after this year there will be at least 7 -10 players transfering out. With the new transfer rules we should be able to bring in some better talent. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

29 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think after this year there will be at least 7 -10 players transfering out. With the new transfer rules we should be able to bring in some better talent. 

Corey?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If, and when, Scott turns it around you are going to get **** on big time with your position. Little mustard with crow sandwich?

That's the beauty of pissing and moaning all the time.  One can always hang their hat on "I want it to be better", "I'll come around when I see it is better." etc and of course when it is better most are far too excited about the success to worry too much about the pisser and moaners from before.   And of course there is always the facade that it is better because said coach did what the pisser and moaner said they should do all along

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

That's the beauty of pissing and moaning all the time.  One can always hang their hat on "I want it to be better", "I'll come around when I see it is better." etc and of course when it is better most are far too excited about the success to worry too much about the pisser and moaners from before.   And of course there is always the facade that it is better because said coach did what the pisser and moaner said they should do all along

Very true

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

22 hours ago, Bull94 said:

CWT was the reason we had a   35-6 run and finished ranked for the first time.

So whenever anything goes positive that’s all on him and whenever anything goes bad that’s not his fault? That’s the premise? It’s pretty remarkable that a coach that went 24-25 here and is overall 57-63 is known for being responsible for 50 percent more wins than he actually had. I assume he is getting credit for the final ranking after the bowl game and not for the part that led up to it that he was actually here for ( because finishing the season ranked had happened before)? Which is interesting because to date he has never won a bowl game. Other notable accomplishments by CWT that he actually had here and that do not arbitrarily start when he starts winning and abruptly end when another coach starts losing are being sub .500, having an almost unbeatably bad worst season record of 2-10 (before CJS said hold my beer), having only FCS loss since we went to FBS, having the first loss to UCF and having not a single marquee win. 

I liked CWT and I would have been happy for him to have stayed and for us to find out what would have happened with his continued tenure but his time here started off disastrous (some of it was Skips fault and some was his) and ended much better. The decline of the recruiting class had started before CCS stepped on campus and I’m not entirely convinced that CWT had an answer for his departing class. I think CWT was smart to chase the money when it was available because windows of opportunity tend to shut themselves rather abruptly. That being said anyone that believes CWT was great had said we would see his record finally get above .500 when he got the FSU job and could finally shake his career of rebuilding. It ended with more losses and being fired for it.

People accuse me of romanticizing the CJL era but there is no more romanticized tale in USF lore than that of CWT. That everyone beyond CJL has been a complete failure allows the accomplishment of being average appear to be grand.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Any updates on Fortin injury?  If he’s healthy in 2 weeks, start him and roll with it.  Really can’t be any worse than what’ve seen so from the other 3.

I would also start playing the freshman and underclass man.  Roster needs an enema.

Really getting tired of these tear down rebuilds.  I’m running low on patience.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Any updates on Fortin injury?  If he’s healthy in 2 weeks, start him and roll with it.  Really can’t be any worse than what’ve seen so from the other 3.

I would also start playing the freshman and underclass man.  Roster needs an enema.

Really getting tired of these tear down rebuilds.  I’m running low on patience.

Guess we find out more this week hopefully no fracture.  Agree roll with Fortin if not available just use the freshman qb.  I'm sick of McCloud he should only see the field if every available qb we have is injured. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

So whenever anything goes positive that’s all on him and whenever anything goes bad that’s not his fault? That’s the premise? It’s pretty remarkable that a coach that went 24-25 here and is overall 57-63 is known for being responsible for 50 percent more wins than he actually had. I assume he is getting credit for the final ranking after the bowl game and not for the part that led up to it that he was actually here for ( because finishing the season ranked had happened before)? Which is interesting because to date he has never won a bowl game. Other notable accomplishments by CWT that he actually had here and that do not arbitrarily start when he starts winning and abruptly end when another coach starts losing are being sub .500, having an almost unbeatably bad worst season record of 2-10 (before CJS said hold my beer), having only FCS loss since we went to FBS, having the first loss to UCF and having not a single marquee win. 

I liked CWT and I would have been happy for him to have stayed and for us to find out what would have happened with his continued tenure but his time here started off disastrous (some of it was Skips fault and some was his) and ended much better. The decline of the recruiting class had started before CCS stepped on campus and I’m not entirely convinced that CWT had an answer for his departing class. I think CWT was smart to chase the money when it was available because windows of opportunity tend to shut themselves rather abruptly. That being said anyone that believes CWT was great had said we would see his record finally get above .500 when he got the FSU job and could finally shake his career of rebuilding. It ended with more losses and being fired for it.

People accuse me of romanticizing the CJL era but there is no more romanticized tale in USF lore than that of CWT. That everyone beyond CJL has been a complete failure allows the accomplishment of being average appear to be grand.

honestly I didn't bother reading all of this. He set us up for 35-6 run over the end of his time here and into Strong's early period of success. That's what you hope for when you bring a guy in for a rebuild.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

50 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

honestly I didn't bother reading all of this. He set us up for 35-6 run over the end of his time here and into Strong's early period of success. That's what you hope for when you bring a guy in for a rebuild.

That it arbitrarily both starts and ends in the middle of seasons speaks to the absurdity of your position