• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott on QB Changes

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That it arbitrarily both starts and ends in the middle of seasons speaks to the absurdity of your position

How about this then .... CWT set us up to be ranked in the final AP poll of the year for the first 2 times in our history.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

How about this then .... CWT set us up to be ranked in the final AP poll of the year for the first 2 times in our history.

We were ranked going into the Sunbowl I have no reason to believe that CWT would have won his first and only bowl game had he coached, because you know the whole never having done it thing.

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We were ranked going into the Sunbowl I have no reason to believe that CWT would have won his first and only bowl game had he coached, because you know the whole never having done it thing.

Not so shockingly you didn't respond to exactly what I said. I didn't say that CWT finished ranked twice in the AP poll ....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Any updates on Fortin injury?  If he’s healthy in 2 weeks, start him and roll with it.  Really can’t be any worse than what’ve seen so from the other 3.

I would also start playing the freshman and underclass man.  Roster needs an enema.

Really getting tired of these tear down rebuilds.  I’m running low on patience.

Probably won’t know until next week

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I thought he coached the Miami Bowl and lost...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That be correct. 

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He did against Western Kentucky who he clearly set up for more sustained success than he did here...

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Not so shockingly you didn't respond to exactly what I said. I didn't say that CWT finished ranked twice in the AP poll ....

I did address it, CJL has us set up to be ranked going into the Sun Bowl, hell he had us set up to win the national championship. We did neither of those things and CWT did none of the things trying to be credited to him. 

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I did address it, CJL has us set up to be ranked going into the Sun Bowl, hell he had us set up to win the national championship. We did neither of those things and CWT did none of the things trying to be credited to him. 

That's because the head coach dropped the ball after being set up for success. The coaches handed the team that CWT set up didn't drop that ball those 2 years as far as being  ranked at the end of the year.

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That's because the head coach dropped the ball after being set up for success. The coaches handed the team that CWT set up didn't drop that ball those 2 years as far as being  ranked at the end of the year.

Gotcha and that he has never actually done it himself should mean we should ignore his actual accomplishments and pretend that in the world of make believe he actually #finishesstrong and rebuilds teams? The facts remain that he is a sub .500 coach that has never won a bowl game and has never had sustained success anywhere but sure just because it’s never happened certainly means if he made different decisions the entire trajectory of what he has displayed over a decade would have shifted. He obviously gave up on recruiting because he knew he was leaving which also obviously was part of the way he handed CCS a loaded bus ready to maintain winning. When he left everyone said that he was a losing coach because he was always “rebuilding” and FSU would show us who he was, it did and now the goal post keeps moving.430CF70F-C344-438F-8FB4-A8CD566F16CC.gif