• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs. The Citadel

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  3

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I hope you are right I just remember having this same conversation for months last year about how that minor league coach was in over his head where everyone wanted to see improvement being right around the corner just because they wanted him to be successful. CJS is supposed to be an offensive coach and his offense should look markedly better, maybe next week.

It did look better... we won. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I hope you are right I just remember having this same conversation for months last year about how that minor league coach was in over his head where everyone wanted to see improvement being right around the corner just because they wanted him to be successful. CJS is supposed to be an offensive coach and his offense should look markedly better, maybe next week.

If you were expecting some type of offensive explosion, then you truly don’t realize the importance of spring practice for a team with a new system. Not to mention one whose QBs are splitting reps. 

What’s genuinely exciting is this team “executed” better and had fewer penalties than Charlie’s teams (2 years vs 1 month) 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

Pleased overall. Waiting for the 12 shoes to drop.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Almost was rooting for the FG and taking @brybullover😀

not sure if you are aware of this but you keep referencing what I assume is @brybull1970 but using a different user name (or incomplete one?). That might also be them but these tags don't go to the exact account you are referring to.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

Pleased overall. Waiting for the 12 shoes to drop.

Hoping and praying they were mostly, if not all, strategic holdouts to preserve depth for next week and the rest of the season. If it is because of the virus,vee are going to get eviscerated in the media for playing the game tonight. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Agreed but I am thinking these QBs aren't throwing long passes for a reason.

Because they like reading my complaints? I’m not expecting anyone to come in here and be Joe Montana but one for the biggest reasons CJS is here is because of our complete lack of a vertical game, that’s supposed to be his forte and was one of our biggest weaknesses and it would have been nice if during the off-season he could have come up with something that even resembles a passing game with at least one qb (it doesn’t have to be bombs, it could be slants, it can be fades It could be bubble screens it could be wheels it could be flee flickers for all I care but it should exist in some capacity).

9 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

It did look better... we won. 

Even Charlie managed to win his FCS game since we have been in FBS only CWT managed to not be able to do that

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because they like reading my complaints? I’m not expecting anyone to come in here and be Joe Montana but one for the biggest reasons CJS is here is because of our complete lack of a vertical game, that’s supposed to be his forte and was one of our biggest weaknesses and it would have been nice if during the off-season he could have come up with something that even resembles a passing game with at least one qb (it doesn’t have to be bombs, it could be slants, it can be fades It could be bubble screens it could be wheels it could be flee flickers for all I care but it should exist in some capacity).

I think the reasoning is because the backup QB, 4 OL, and a TE were unavailable. Why? We don't know, but we will find out. I'm not mad about a 27-6 victory that was never really in question. There will be more downfield passes, just not today. 

12 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

If you were expecting some type of offensive explosion, then you truly don’t realize the importance of spring practice for a team with a new system. Not to mention one whose QBs are splitting reps. 

What’s genuinely exciting is this team “executed” better and had fewer penalties than Charlie’s teams (2 years vs 1 month) 

Not an explosion but some bang snaps would have been nice 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m not completely sure but more than 18 yds more than Citadel would be a nice start, we barely had more passing yards than an FCS team that runs an offense geared towards not throwing the football. That’s not awesome when your new coach is supposed to be better based on his offensive acumen.

Who cares about yardage?  Our QBs were 18/25. Not one dropped ball that I can remember. We had over 400 yards rushing. There really was no need to air it especially with 3 OL starters out. Why put a QB in position to get hurt needlessly when their were so many unknowns about the OL?

Maybe you forgot what the QB situation looked like last year when Barnett was getting beat up the Mcloud got beat up. 

Nothing to gain and nothing to learn by game planning to throw all night when the run game was working.