• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs. The Citadel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, puc86 said:

He should have called more have the other teams punter hand you a td plays...

Ironic because Charlie called the our punter will hand you a TD play -> see Stony Brook 2017

Nice to be on the other side of those for a change 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

If you are expecting pocket aces you are going to be sorely disappointed. I'm hoping we have suited connectors and we can hit big on a draw at some point in the season. 

I was hoping for pocket 7’s or 8’s more of a coin flip, today we don’t look like a .500 team and it’s going to be a rough year without anything resembling a passing game, kind of like last year. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, puc86 said:

I was hoping for pocket 7’s or 8’s more of a coin flip, today we don’t look like a .500 team and it’s going to be a rough year without anything resembling a passing game, kind of like last year. 

4-6 (we likely have a game cancelled along the way) is an acceptable outcome given the circumstances. One thing is for sure, we won't go winless like UCF has done twice before.

1 minute ago, IBulleve said:

Ironic because Charlie called the our punter will hand you a TD play -> see Stony Brook 2017

Nice to be on the other side of those for a change 

Touche but that just goes to show that  those games were really only separated by crap plays that had nothing to do with coaching, that being said it’s better to be lucky than good sometimes 

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

4-6 (we likely have a game cancelled along the way) is an acceptable outcome given the circumstances. One thing is for sure, we won't go winless like UCF has done twice before.

So really no improvement over a performance deemed bad enough to get you termed and with head scratching coaching calls that could have led to several more wins, it begs the question what was the point of making the expense of a change? Plenty of coaches come in an make improvements off of the bat we just always seem to make hires that come in and get a few years deep into their 10 years plans.

Just now, puc86 said:

So really no improvement over a performance deemed bad enough to get you termed and with head scratching coaching calls that could have led to several more wins, it begs the question what was the point of making the expense of a change? Plenty of coaches come in an make improvements off of the bat we just always seem to make hires that come in and get a few years deep into their 10 years plans.

I think it will be impacted by the circumstances with the pandemic. We could overachieve, but starting a culture change is important. Look at what Frost did for UCF. They switched coaches and didn't miss a beat. We need to get to that point and I believe we will. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Man, you are in rare form. **** good fishing on your part. You got these rookies chasing your lures nicely. 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Man, you are in rare form. **** good fishing on your part. You got these rookies chasing your lures nicely. 

I don't take it as him trolling. He makes some valid points. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I don't take it as him trolling. He makes some valid points. 

That's the art of a good troll.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, USFBULL_08 said:

That's the art of a good troll.

It isn't really trolling if you are putting forth a valid argument. I take trolling more as making a ridiculous point and trying to get people to argue with you over it, but what do I know. Doesn't matter anyway, because I'm bored and buzzed watching Coastal Carolina take Kansas to the woodshed, so I will engage with anyone at this point.