• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Analysis of the HATE you give CCS and Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Now this I agree with. I get it I get it, many will say you take the money. But he goes to Oregon...I mean Oregon! Are you friggin serious? This was his only big time offer. He might as well have taken a job on Mars. What’s more, he knew what was coming back in terms of talent at USF. He stays one more year he probably runs the table and gets five big time offers. This was an inpatient decision and he is now having to fight his way back up the ladder. 

Bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush, he took the guaranteed money (3x what he was making)  when it was offered versus gambling on a better offer the following year. I always thought it was a chump move to bail after a year at Oregon but never had any ill will toward him for leaving us.   I do agree the table was set for a great 2017 year.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

15 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Now this I agree with. I get it I get it, many will say you take the money. But he goes to Oregon...I mean Oregon! Are you friggin serious?

aw-geez-not-this-crap-again.jpg.6379e0714d95a73c02d484680fcf152d.jpg

22 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He stays one more year he probably runs the table and gets five big time offers.

Like FSU?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

aw-geez-not-this-crap-again.jpg.6379e0714d95a73c02d484680fcf152d.jpg

Like FSU?

If Willie was a stockbroker he would have no clients....

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

52 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Now this I agree with. I get it I get it, many will say you take the money. But he goes to Oregon...I mean Oregon! Are you friggin serious? This was his only big time offer. He might as well have taken a job on Mars. What’s more, he knew what was coming back in terms of talent at USF. He stays one more year he probably runs the table and gets five big time offers. This was an inpatient decision and he is now having to fight his way back up the ladder. 

yes

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

47 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If Willie was a stockbroker he would have no clients....

Because he'd be retired and living on an island he bought ....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

30 minutes ago, Triple B said:

He brought the bus and filled it was cash money baby! I cannot fault him for that.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

You forgot the players were not ever prepared enough to win or string enough to compete. Two things a coach directly impacts game preparation and strength training.

This is the #1 thing that turned me against CCS - he stated this in the press conferences after almost every loss in 2019, yet did not appear to change anything 

I liked that he took accountability for the lack of preparation, but you can only go to that well 2-3 times before questions arise about your competency 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

57 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Somehow I see him pissing it all away though and saying: “I could have had more” 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

The thing that bothered me the most about CCS was his in game decisions. Our 2 losses Flowers senior year were both games we should have won. The Houston game never should have come down to 4th and 24. Strong slowed that offense down so much you could see the frustration in Flowers and the entire offense. Plus his excuse after the game where he said he didn't want to use a timeout to let Houston draw up something even though he had 2 timeouts left and Houston was out. He could have let houston put out their looks and used another timeout to draw up a defensive scheme that houston had not seen and houston could not have called a timeout to try and counter it. Keep in mind Strong was supposed to be a defensive minded coach. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

42 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

The thing that bothered me the most about CCS was his in game decisions. Our 2 losses Flowers senior year were both games we should have won. The Houston game never should have come down to 4th and 24. Strong slowed that offense down so much you could see the frustration in Flowers and the entire offense. Plus his excuse after the game where he said he didn't want to use a timeout to let Houston draw up something even though he had 2 timeouts left and Houston was out. He could have let houston put out their looks and used another timeout to draw up a defensive scheme that houston had not seen and houston could not have called a timeout to try and counter it. Keep in mind Strong was supposed to be a defensive minded coach. 

You are actually thinking Strong would actually come up with game time strategies like that. That means he would be prepared. He knows  how to run a great defense and that is it. Coaching the whole show is above his skill set.

• Upvote 1