• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Analysis of the HATE you give CCS and Taggart

Guest Jonesy Bull

I hate to bring up UCF, but would an undefeated UCF team in the Big East had been ranked much higher....of course yes....just like when USF was Number 2.....If we had the same schedule and record now, there is no way in hell we would be Number 2.

This isn't even an argument, its the **** hard to swallow fn truth.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Really??

How many more Top 25 teams did the old BE team that the AAC team has had recently??

The only difference is the classification, has nothing to do with the actual real competition level....prove me wrong.

Huh?    We had 3-4 teams annually able to compete on the national level in the Big East days with WVU, Pitt, Louisville, Rutgers ... us, Cincy, and UConn would make some noise as well.  IF we are lucky, one of the AAC teams is competitive on a national level in a given year.  Memphis, ucf, or Houston running through the crappy AAC on the way to a #22 ranking doesn't make it better than the Big East.  

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I agree with this point and have so consistently in the past. We’ve had 4 top 25 teams ranked at once pretty consistently. We typically get the NYD bowl game and either win or are competitive when playing P5 teams. Compared to the BE, those teams did have more of a name but I would match up many with current AAC teams pretty easily. Unfortunately USF is not in the mix right now but once we are we will add even more depth to a pretty decent conference.

Because we're the tallest midget of the G5

5 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I hate to bring up UCF, but would an undefeated UCF team in the Big East had been ranked much higher....of course yes....just like when USF was Number 2.....If we had the same schedule and record now, there is no way in hell we would be Number 2.

This isn't even an argument, its the **** hard to swallow fn truth.

IF we had the SAME schedule as 2007, we would be ranked #2 ... .we don't, we play in the aac now ..... That's the hard to swallow fn truth ....

Edited by chapelbull

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I agree with this point and have so consistently in the past. We’ve had 4 top 25 teams ranked at once pretty consistently. We typically get the NYD bowl game and either win or are competitive when playing P5 teams. Compared to the BE, those teams did have more of a name but I would match up many with current AAC teams pretty easily. Unfortunately USF is not in the mix right now but once we are we will add even more depth to a pretty decent conference.

#truth

We have some bad teams in the AAC, but the BE had the same thing....there is almost no difference with the exception of classification.  

How in the world does the AAC consistently get the P5 bowl invite and has ALWAYS been the top G5 conference in the country?  I'll tell you why, cause we are somewhere between the P5 and G5.  We are an anomoly that will unfortunately stay in limbo cause of the current college football configuration.

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

IF we had the SAME schedule as 2007, we would be ranked #2 ... .we don't, we play in the aac now ..... That's the hard to swallow fn truth ....

Bull ****.....no we wouldn't because we aren't BCS/ P5....thats my whole point Chapel.......we could have the exact same schedule, and maybe crack the Top 10 if lucky......seriously, you can;'t comprehend that?

Yet we can have a tougher than "given credit for" schedule in the AAC and its not going to add up to the same ranking......Power 5 (or old BCS) bias.  Our schedule in the AAC is not that easy....in fact I doubt most middle of the road P5 schools would fair any better, in fact would lose to the top teams in the AAC.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

2 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

#truth

We have some bad teams in the AAC, but the BE had the same thing....there is almost no difference with the exception of classification.  

How in the world does the AAC consistently get the P5 bowl invite and has ALWAYS been the top G5 conference in the country?  I'll tell you why, cause we are somewhere between the P5 and G5.  We are an anomoly that will unfortunately stay in limbo cause of the current college football configuration.

Again, because we are the tallest midget.   There is no anomaly.  That's what the conference is

5 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Bull ****.....no we wouldn't because we aren't BCS/ P5....thats my whole point Chapel.......we could have the exact same schedule, and maybe crack the Top 10 if lucky......seriously, you can;'t comprehend that?

No, you can't because our current conference schedule doesn't have the same caliber of teams on it. Period. 

WVU, PItt, Rutgers, Louisville circa 2007 > ucf, memphis, and houston circa 2019 ... it isn't even close

Edited by chapelbull
  • Like 1

Guest Jonesy Bull

But  believe what you want......its the media that has clouded your judgment.....look at the competition, even in the ACC, and tell me that the AAC couldn't compete admirably, sans Clemson.  The bottom teams in the ACC suck.  We are not that far apart.  Even without the money.  Give us the money of the big conferences, and the AAC can be an even tougher *****.

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

But  believe what you want......its the media that has clouded your judgment.....look at the competition, even in the ACC, and tell me that the AAC couldn't compete admirably, sans Clemson.  The bottom teams in the ACC suck.  We are not that far apart.  Even without the money.  Give us the money of the big conferences, and the AAC can be an even tougher *****.

My judgement isn't clouded by anything.  It's called reality.   The bottom teams in our conference suck too.  Our best team would lose 2-3 games even in a weak ACC most years

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

No, you can't because our current conference schedule doesn't have the same caliber of teams on it. Period. 

WVU, PItt, Rutgers, Louisville circa 2007 > ucf, memphis, and houston circa 2019 ... it isn't even close

Pitt, Rutgers, and Louisville.....give me fn break.

I think Memphis, UCF, USF (soon), Houston, SMU, Cincy are at the very least close to the same level and better in some cases.  And we have more teams that continue to improve.  No I don't buy it for a second!