• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Analysis of the HATE you give CCS and Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

A bit misleading as Navy had one terrible year. Typically they are in the mix in the West. Memphis, Houston, and ucf say hi....

Neither is Cuse thus my point 

It's not misleading, they also had their 2 best years ever.   and as I mentioned in my edit above, it appears that Cuse is 3-2 vs aac teams since leaving for the ACC despite their overall suckiness (one win was over Tulane when they were in CUSA) which supports my point that even bottom feeders in the P5 schools could be average in our little G5

Edited by chapelbull

Guest Jonesy Bull
27 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Right, now you want to throw jabs about knowledge about sports....  lol

OK, I admit, that was a little below the belt....Sorry Chapel.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

OK, I admit, that was a little below the belt....Sorry Chapel.

Oh, I don't care ... I just thought it was laughable that you would make the statement ..... 

Edited by chapelbull

Guest Jonesy Bull

But I still stand my point.  Except for Clemson and maybe the occasional FSU or VA Tech really good teams, there is not a big difference between the ACC and AAC......unfortunately we are not part of the"Club" so will never have a chance to prove it on even footing.

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Oh, I don't care ... I just thought it was laughable that you would make the statement ..... 

Well you are our main "go to guy" for Baseball.  hehe.

But still I didn't mean to personally attack you. 

We are having a legitimate discussion about our opinions, and I enjoy that.

You are still wrong....LOL.  But I do respect your opinion.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

How incompetent was CCS? He could care less about having a decent place kicker. I mean who wins games with field goals? He was clueless. His recruiting was questionable. Our linebackers were like the days of Skippy and his misfit toy wide receivers. No Defensive ends developed! D tackles were soft. 4th and 24????  I was feeling fine until you brought up these feelings again. 😂

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There is zero evidence to support that statement. Regardless, he had the advantage of BCS players. 

You are right - this is conjecture on my part

i feel that Leavitt’s teams had a swagger that none of our other coaches have been able to replicate 

As such, IMO, if Leavitt has coached the 2017 season, with the 2017 players, the results would have been vastly different 

The OP asked why CCS receives so much hate

For me, he was an inferior coach at USF, who squandered one of our best teams ever, then proceeded to drive the program into oblivion 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

How incompetent was CCS? He could care less about having a decent place kicker. I mean who wins games with field goals? He was clueless. His recruiting was questionable. Our linebackers were like the days of Skippy and his misfit toy wide receivers. No Defensive ends developed! D tackles were soft. 4th and 24????  I was feeling fine until you brought up these feelings again. 😂

You forgot the players were not ever prepared enough to win or string enough to compete. Two things a coach directly impacts game preparation and strength training.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

19 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I’m bored so I’m going to play devil’s advocate and piss of some CCS haters. It sometimes baffles me and makes me question the reason behind the hate for Taggart and CCS. So I decided to compare CSH, Taggart, and Strong. I’m leaving Levitt out of this convo. I get it, CCS fizzled out towards the end, but the hate this man gets is nonsense. Taggart's 2016 class was hot trash so he wasn't given a big cupboard of players and had to rebuild. In the end, he only has one season out of 3 with a losing record. When we start winning games this year and next year, just remember we will be doing it with a majority of players that came from CCS regime. 

CCS/Taggart - Both have at least (2) seasons that ended with winning records and (1) season with at l0 wins

CSH - Has only one season with a winning record. 

CWT and CCS have given us our 2 BEST seasons in the AAC. 

Skip Holtz - 

2010    South Florida    8 - 5    Meineke Car Care Bowl-W    
2011    South Florida    5 - 7    No friggen bowl game        
2012    South Florida    3 - 9    No Friggen bowl game

This man has only 1 winning season and the wins DECLINED each season!

Willie Taggart - 

2013    South Florida    2–10                
2014    South Florida    4–8            
2015    South Florida    8–5    L Miami Beach        
2016    South Florida    10–2    W Birmingham*

Coach Charlie Strong - 

2017    South Florida    10–2    2nd (East)   W Birmingham    
2018    South Florida    7–6    4th (East)    L Gasparilla        
2019    South Florida    4–8    4th (East)    

How I rank the coaches - 

1. Taggart
  2. Strong
  3. Holtz

Interesting. Must say, your are an analytical individual. First, no hate here for any of them. Disrespect and Aggravation at what they "didn't" do as our head coach..Yep!  Recruiting? they all operated in the fertile FL area so little or no excuse. I seem to recall a high school coach say that CS was never on campus nor did he ever touch base with them. Holtz seemed to come to USF and coach lazy. I always figured he got more $$ than at ECU and was too busy fishing or golfing. Taggart? He screwed the pooch. He had a chance to build something great but he was an egotistical job jumper who was all about: Show me the money. Now, he fell off his throne in a big way. I hope we beat the crap out of FAU for him not for CJL, I like CJL. Lastly, any coach with Quinton and Company should have ran the board... 🏆🏆

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Interesting. Must say, your are an analytical individual. First, no hate here for any of them. Disrespect and Aggravation at what they "didn't" do as our head coach..Yep!  Recruiting? they all operated in the fertile FL area so little or no excuse. I seem to recall a high school coach say that CS was never on campus nor did he ever touch base with them. Holtz seemed to come to USF and coach lazy. I always figured he got more $$ than at ECU and was too busy fishing or golfing. Taggart? He screwed the pooch. He had a chance to build something great but he was an egotistical job jumper who was all about: Show me the money. Now, he fell off his throne in a big way. I hope we beat the crap out of FAU for him not for CJL, I like CJL. Lastly, any coach with Quinton and Company should have ran the board... 🏆🏆

Now this I agree with. I get it I get it, many will say you take the money. But he goes to Oregon...I mean Oregon! Are you friggin serious? This was his only big time offer. He might as well have taken a job on Mars. What’s more, he knew what was coming back in terms of talent at USF. He stays one more year he probably runs the table and gets five big time offers. This was an inpatient decision and he is now having to fight his way back up the ladder. 

• Upvote 1