• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,252
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

still doesn't explain the "steady decline" since he took over reference

I mean in theory you can have a steady decline over the course of a game, a few games or an entire season. Certainly he doesn’t seem to be trending positively but stranger things have happened than him turning it around. Given our current run rate on coaches we may want to start paying people by the hour instead of offering contracts.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Fire all the coaches and just let the train and recruit themselves 

:stirpot:

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,252
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Fire all the coaches and just let the train and recruit themselves 

:stirpot:

I think we should institute crowd sourced coaching brought to you by thebullspen.com

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, puc86 said:

I think we should institute crowd sourced coaching brought to you by thebullspen.com

Twitch but for sports. Could be interesting, but I think we might scare the **** out of a lot kids on the recruiting trail

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

5 hours ago, puc86 said:

You are shocked by this? I pride myself on my consistency.

Point well taken ...... you've been kind of lying low lately so I was lulled into a state of forgetfulness.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Also, not that I care to much but it might be time for an OT tread. 

Premature "Fire Coach ___________" threads, by definition, should already be considered OT and therefore no need for breaking anything out ...

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

He's been here 2 years.  Went to the NCAA Tourney Year 1 and crapped the bed Year 2.   Not sure how that is "steady downhill since"

Sure looks to me like he's on the Charlie Strong plan. Inherit a good program and run it steadily down.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Sounds like there are two schools of thought here:

1. The program is trending down, but be patient he may turn things around in Year 3 like CWT, and firing him now doesn't change the immediate trajectory of the program unless we have someone we can plug in that is an obvious upgrade

2. The program is trending down and in the words of Jeremy Foley, "What should be done eventually, must be done immediately."

Regardless, we now have another high profile program that is trending in the wrong direction. This is clearly another black mark under Mark Harlan at USF - during his tenure from March 2014 to July 2018 he hired Charlie Strong, Orlando Antigua, Brian Gregory and Billy Mohl. 

Gregory is a clear upgrade over Antigua, but the other 3 have managed to leave (or currently have) their respective programs in worse shape than they entered them.

Firing him now won’t make any difference or turn the season around. The talent isn’t there for that to happen. But it is inevitable. Harlan gave in to the want of the players at the time and promoted Mohl. He wasn’t ready for it.

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

yeah, I think you gotta understand that if you say anything nice about a coach not name Leavitt, Puc is coming for you. 

Well he will get to see his man love coach this year - Mr. Leavitt....when we play down in Boca Raton in Game 4.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Firing him now won’t make any difference or turn the season around. The talent isn’t there for that to happen. But it is inevitable. Harlan gave in to the want of the players at the time and promoted Mohl. He wasn’t ready for it.

Looking back Mr Harlan really set us back more than anybody at the time could have realized.  He was so incompetent.

Im not ready to say Kelly is a Saint or anything, but **** what an upgrade.