• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,252
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

That's cool. I'm all for talking about USF's current coach. Seems a lot more interesting than talking about the guy who holds a clipboard for one of the coaches you're making fun of.

I have no problems talking about CJS and his accomplishments of being more engaging and injecting excitement into the program. Where it gets a little fuzzy for me is when people start talking about the greatness of his coaching or recruiting where at best we have seen nothing of value. People will say what an amazing job he has done at recruiting and then it will be pointed out that anyone that has done that bad has been fired and the response will be well what did you expect him to do in that timeframe? Perhaps not much more but that doesn’t miracle itself to greatness especially when they point out the self imposed setback to his time he unilaterally created by continuing his coaching at Clemson while making us his side *****. I am ready to see something from any coach that is better than we got from CJL, it is passed time, but at some point being hopefully optimistic creeps towards being a dullard and it’s time for a coach to actually do something beyond talk and hopeful fantasies from the fanbase. “Do something”.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

17 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I have no problems talking about CJS and his accomplishments of being more engaging and injecting excitement into the program. Where it gets a little fuzzy for me is when people start talking about the greatness of his coaching or recruiting where at best we have seen nothing of value. People will say what an amazing job he has done at recruiting and then it will be pointed out that anyone that has done that bad has been fired and the response will be well what did you expect him to do in that timeframe? Perhaps not much more but that doesn’t miracle itself to greatness especially when they point out the self imposed setback to his time he unilaterally created by continuing his coaching at Clemson while making us his side *****. I am ready to see something from any coach that is better than we got from CJL, it is passed time, but at some point being hopefully optimistic creeps towards being a dullard and it’s time for a coach to actually do something beyond talk and hopeful fantasies from the fanbase. “Do something”.

so someone can't just say he did a great job with what was put in front of him? Personally, if Taggart was plan B is was probably better to have CJS a month later than hitch our wagon there. But we really don't know what plan B was, it could have been worse. Who did we pass up in order to wait for CJS? Are they that great that the extra month would have changed our recruiting class? Odds say no. 

Also, not that I care to much but it might be time for an OT tread. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

so someone can't just say he did a great job with what was put in front of him? Personally, if Taggart was plan B is was probably better to have CJS a month later than hitch our wagon there. But we really don't know what plan B was, it could have been worse. Who did we pass up in order to wait for CJS? Are they that great that the extra month would have changed our recruiting class? Odds say no. 

Also, not that I care to much but it might be time for an OT tread. 

It wasn’t a great job by any measure the best anyone can say is it was an incomplete given all of the adversity but they don’t even put any qualifiers on it they just say it was great 100 and something out of 130 isn’t great unless you are facing the death penalty and is something that should be glossed over not touted as a success. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It wasn’t a great job by any measure the best anyone can say is it was an incomplete given all of the adversity but they don’t even put any qualifiers on it they just say it was great 100 and something out of 130 isn’t great unless you are facing the death penalty and is something that should be glossed over not touted as a success. 

well, no 101 (for clarification) is not good. Coaches have done better here in their first class before. However I will say, and this is using a little insider info, that the final ranking could have been higher if he had not walk away from a some of CCS holdovers. (don't @ me, it happened).  But he did it to bring in more transfers so maybe there's still more to come. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

A Clear sign of bad leadership-He took over an NCAA qualifying team that has gone steadily downhill since,to the point where they are barely competitive.

After watching his interview following the sweep by Northeastern it is clear he is a weak leader and should be replaced ASAP if you want to salvage the program. I have Confidence that MK probably recognizes this and barring a miracle he will be replaced at year end or hopefully sooner but that is not likely 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

9 minutes ago, Massbull said:

A Clear sign of bad leadership-He took over an NCAA qualifying team that has gone steadily downhill since,to the point where they are barely competitive.

After watching his interview following the sweep by Northeastern it is clear he is a weak leader and should be replaced ASAP if you want to salvage the program. I have Confidence that MK probably recognizes this and barring a miracle he will be replaced at year end or hopefully sooner but that is not likely 

He's been here 2 years.  Went to the NCAA Tourney Year 1 and crapped the bed Year 2.   Not sure how that is "steady downhill since"

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

He's been here 2 years.  Went to the NCAA Tourney Year 1 and crapped the bed Year 2.   Not sure how that is "steady downhill since"

This year doesn’t seem to be off to a swimming start

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Nope but I also don’t think anyone was talking about the amazing job Strong was doing, there is a reason he was fired and we should expect more from our new head coach than just showing up and not being Strong. CCS came with a far more accomplished resume than CJS, I hope CJS lives up to everyone’s wildest dreams but it is absurd to constantly run around taking about how much he has accomplished because so far it’s somewhere between nothing and zero.

NM.  Responded to the post without going through all of them. See you did recognize the engagement, etc part of the job.

Edited by CousinRicky

38 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

NM.  Responded to the post without going through all of them. See you did recognize the engagement, etc part of the job.

It’s okay it would be easy to miss and this all started because I zeroed in on a throw away comment. I just want to win and Nick and Urban aren’t winning any congeniality awards anytime soon, so while engagement is a nice gift with purchase (actually I’m lying I would have preferred a contentious press conference that culminated in JK getting slapped in the face after CJS responded to every question with I’m only here so I don’t get fined) it doesn’t mean anything to me until we get to see some quality from what we actually purchased.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

This year doesn’t seem to be off to a swimming start

still doesn't explain the "steady decline" since he took over reference