• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

His seat was a little warm going into the season and the start was maybe the worst of all time.  When you don’t even make your own conference tourney and they only eliminate one it is tough to swallow and the firing thread may have been justified after the woeful start.

He's not getting fired in season. Actually, I would bet any amount anyone wants to wager he's not getting fired at the end of the season. So what's the point? Just to be the guy who makes threads about firing coaches?

And his seat wasn't even slightly warm at the start of the season. It was ice cold.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

.......no

why are you willing to give CBG a pass for this season and not Mohl for last season? Both dealt with pretty extensive injuries from players who were expected to be contributors. 

Because I follow hoops and know what the loss of Yetna and Kiir did to our season.  I don’t follow Baseball and didn’t even know they had injuries however are we going to blame 2 seasons on injuries (last year and this year for Mohl). CBG will not get a 2 year mulligan regardless of any injuries

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

So made the tournament 

injury riddled season 

7 bad games. ( of 50+) 

Fired 

yeah that’s not a knee jerk reaction or anything 

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

He's not getting fired in season. Actually, I would bet any amount anyone wants to wager he's not getting fired at the end of the season. So what's the point? Just to be the guy who makes threads about firing coaches?

I won’t because I don’t really care for college baseball, but the losses and performance is embarrassing even to the casual fan.  If you guys say he is the guy then I will believe you, could not name one player on the team.  I do know those early losses are unacceptable no matter the circumstances, similar to losing multiple times to UUPUI in basketball or McNeese State in football.

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

I won’t because I don’t really care for college baseball, but the losses and performance is embarrassing even to the casual fan.  If you guys say he is the guy then I will believe you, could not name one player on the team.  I do know those early losses are unacceptable no matter the circumstances, similar to losing multiple times to UUPUI in basketball or McNeese State in football.

Show me one post where anyone has said he's the guy.

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

So made the tournament 

injury riddled season 

7 bad games. ( of 50+) 

Fired 

yeah that’s not a knee jerk reaction or anything 

I won’t call for the guys head, would not recognize the guy if he passed me in the hallway, does seem eerily similar to CCS when he inherited a great team and turned it into dung.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

similar to losing multiple times to UUPUI in basketball or McNeese State in football.

Except it’s not. Look you already said you don’t follow college baseball so don’t pretend to know how good northeastern is. Again this is a sport where cal state Fullerton is not a good program, they are  a powerhouse. You can’t look at this like it’s football or basketball. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And his seat wasn't even slightly warm at the start of the season. It was ice cold.

Why do you think Mohl returns, if its a repeat of last year? 

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Why do you think Mohl returns, if its a repeat of last year? 

I was thinking this is a CBG thread. Ignore that. But if we're talking about Mohl, he's not getting fired during the season either.

My statement about being the guy applies to Mohl. No one has said he's the guy.

Edited by JTrue

4 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Except it’s not. Look you already said you don’t follow college baseball so don’t pretend to know how good northeastern is. Again this is a sport where cal state Fullerton is not a good program, they are  a powerhouse. You can’t look at this like it’s football or basketball. 

Fair enough however the casual fan knows Cal State Fullerton is great, Dallas Baptist is good heck Coastal Carolina won it all.  When you lose to FAMU and a series to Marist and then swept by a school in Mass then that is no bueno. I know you don’t think the weather plays a role in what areas of the country put out more D1 players than others but playing HS ball and having half the season get cancelled due to weather has an affect on player development.