• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

20 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I know you don’t think the weather plays a role in what areas of the country put out more D1 players than others but playing HS ball and having half the season get cancelled due to weather has an affect on player development.

People haven't said that, but Florida putting out more D-1 players doesn't make USF a powerhouse team.  Most of the top players aren't going to USF or any other G5 program regardless of where that program is located.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

13 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

People haven't said that, but Florida putting out more D-1 players doesn't make USF a powerhouse team.  Most of the top players aren't going to USF or any other G5 program regardless of where that program is located.

Brass did say that, I called him a name and dropped an obscenity in our disagreement and he cut off our discussion.   I agree with you about the top players however I still think our baseball team should be able to pick up the scraps and a few hidden gems and be better than most of the northern G5 teams.  

• Topic Count:  1,032
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Days Won:  10

I doubt we'll see a Mohl bobblehead this season, let's put it that way...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

44 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Brass did say that, I called him a name and dropped an obscenity in our disagreement and he cut off our discussion.   I agree with you about the top players however I still think our baseball team should be able to pick up the scraps and a few hidden gems and be better than most of the northern G5 teams.  

I think he pointed out northern schools have good programs and put good teams on the field too.  You don't have to be in Florida, California, or Texas to win the College WS.

And perhaps, but look at the youth of our roster and let's let the season play out before we pass judgement.

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 hours ago, JTrue said:

I was thinking this is a CBG thread. Ignore that. But if we're talking about Mohl, he's not getting fired during the season either.

My statement about being the guy applies to Mohl. No one has said he's the guy.

Misunderstood.

No definately agree.  CBG should not and will not be fired after this season.  Thats totally ridiculous.  Some people are just antagonists.

Regarding Mohl, he should not be fired in season either of course.....end of season a different story if we dont start seeing a different trend.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

7 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I think he pointed out northern schools have good programs and put good teams on the field too.  You don't have to be in Florida, California, or Texas to win the College WS.

And perhaps, but look at the youth of our roster and let's let the season play out before we pass judgement.

those 3 states have such a big advantage

usf doesnt have to win the world series but we shouldnt stink under any circumstances

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

9 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Fair enough however the casual fan knows Cal State Fullerton is great, Dallas Baptist is good heck Coastal Carolina won it all.  When you lose to FAMU and a series to Marist and then swept by a school in Mass then that is no bueno. I know you don’t think the weather plays a role in what areas of the country put out more D1 players than others but playing HS ball and having half the season get cancelled due to weather has an affect on player development.

Did you know that northeastern made the tournament the last time we did as an at large from worse conference? Marist was a tounmanet team as recently as 2017. These aren’t the equivalents of FCS football teams they are decent teams that can beat you. It happens in college baseball all the time. We didn’t lose the series the Marist. Last season we beat UF in a mid week 6-1 and failed to make AAC tourney, point being, mid weeks are crap shoots. And idk how familiar you are with Florida but it rains...... a lot. And causes a awful lot many missed days. And you can fight me on that but as someone who has to deal with that on this sport it does. Some entire summers get washed away. So it’s not that weather doesn’t play a role but everyone deals with different types and D1 one programs have ways to deal with it. 

7 hours ago, chapelbull said:

This is correct. 

25 minutes ago, smazza said:

those 3 states have such a big advantage

usf doesnt have to win the world series but we shouldnt stink under any circumstances

How is the advantage that big? No program on Florida is playing baseball 12 months out of the year. None. This isn’t the 50’s teams and players can do this thing called travel and use these things called indoor facilities. Which teams in Florida also do because because it’s gets so **** hot here. 

I know this may be hard for some to understand but hitting in a indoor facility and hitting on a field. Really not that much different in player development. 

it’s pretty **** cold in Tennessee, how is Vanderbilt the premier college baseball team in country. Why isn’t it Texas, USC or UF? 

how did the greatest player to play this game be born and raised in New Jersey of the weather stunted development that much? 

so in conclusion I’ll say this louder for the people in back. BEING FROM FLORIDA DOES NOT MAKE US AUTOMATICALLY BETTER THAN ANYONE. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

If you are looking for a southern advantage over the north. It’s the fact we start the season in February and they have to travel the first month and a half which hurts their RPI due to not being able to play at home. Which in turn leads them not getting host sites for Regionals or not making the tournament even though they were probably just as good as the southern school that did. 

https://www.sj-r.com/x124597743/Northern-college-baseball-programs-want-level-playing-field 

basically points out the home teams regardless of geography wins about 60% percent of the time so forcing them to play all those away games at the beginning puts them at a disadvantage to go to the CWS. Nothing about talent development. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

18 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

If you are looking for a southern advantage over the north. It’s the fact we start the season in February and they have to travel the first month and a half which hurts their RPI due to not being able to play at home. Which in turn leads them not getting host sites for Regionals or not making the tournament even though they were probably just as good as the southern school that did. 

https://www.sj-r.com/x124597743/Northern-college-baseball-programs-want-level-playing-field 

basically points out the home teams regardless of geography wins about 60% percent of the time so forcing them to play all those away games at the beginning puts them at a disadvantage to go to the CWS. Nothing about talent development. 

Counterpoint.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/baseball-hotbeds-where-do-pro-baseball-players-come-from/

17 minutes ago, JTrue said:

It  states that it goes by high school locations, I get that these states produce a lot of pro talent. That’s true in football as well. But does that mean that southern colleges are better? 
I point again to Vanderbilt. Tennessee is middle of the road, but they are the cream of the crop 

Edited by BrassBulls12