• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I forgot he made it his first year.  Anybody who wants to get rid of Mohl now is on better drugs than me.

I’m conflict on this. It’s one season and cc. He is not paid very well too. Did he get an extension yet or is next season his last year? Trying to weigh it out. We could end up locking in another underachieving coach and paying for it. Or we could lock up a potential all star on the low. Jury is still out.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Roaming Bull said:

I’m conflict on this. It’s one season and cc. He is not paid very well too. Did he get an extension yet or is next season his last year? Trying to weigh it out. We could end up locking in another underachieving coach and paying for it. Or we could lock up a potential all star on the low. Jury is still out.

Well I don't think he should be on any hot seat.  We saw one really bad year which you can kind of chalk up as Rebuilding.  And a Covid year.  And then this year we saw steady improvement culminating in an unlikely CC.  We don't get those very often.  

None of us know whether he is the long term solution or not, time will tell.  But he is on an upswing, is young and is learning on the job.  We are seeing an upward trend not a downward trend (yes sample size is small).  BUT, why would you want to start over with somebody brand new which you don't know what you are going to get.  This guy has earned a couple more years to see if he can continue to build this program.  So far so good imo.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

40 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Well I don't think he should be on any hot seat.  We saw one really bad year which you can kind of chalk up as Rebuilding.  And a Covid year.  And then this year we saw steady improvement culminating in an unlikely CC.  We don't get those very often.  

None of us know whether he is the long term solution or not, time will tell.  But he is on an upswing, is young and is learning on the job.  We are seeing an upward trend not a downward trend (yes sample size is small).  BUT, why would you want to start over with somebody brand new which you don't know what you are going to get.  This guy has earned a couple more years to see if he can continue to build this program.  So far so good imo.

Recruiting could be tough with only 1 year left. Hopefully things continue to go well and he can get a 3 year or so extension. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

mole moly GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

On 2/24/2020 at 6:53 PM, Cpa_bull1990 said:

I don't think Mohl can turn this around. This lineup is terrible and will not improve much. The caliber of position players being recruited is pathetic. The Pitching is not much better with an Team ERA of 4.50.

To miss the AAC Tournament last year (8 out of 9 teams make it) and losing so far this season to Marist, FAMU and swept by Northeastern is an epic failure.

What was the team's lame motto? Carry the Boat or something like that LOL

Fire Mohl!

🤣

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

On 2/24/2020 at 6:53 PM, Cpa_bull1990 said:

I don't think Mohl can turn this around. This lineup is terrible and will not improve much. The caliber of position players being recruited is pathetic. The Pitching is not much better with an Team ERA of 4.50.

To miss the AAC Tournament last year (8 out of 9 teams make it) and losing so far this season to Marist, FAMU and swept by Northeastern is an epic failure.

What was the team's lame motto? Carry the Boat or something like that LOL

Fire Mohl!

24 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

🤣

Good news is that the OP started a similar thread on CJS later in the year ...... so maybe now we got that going for us.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

34 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Good news is that the OP started a similar thread on CJS later in the year ...... so maybe now we got that going for us.

That is good, I will go on record that I never lost faith in Mohl, I never really had faith in the first place due to not watching the sport but why worry about the details.  This team plays with a lot of confidence, live arms with some big sticks.  Still not sure the Hr from Lane ever landed. Great game!

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  952
  • Days Won:  1

Like others before me have said, this season does not predict the future; BUT, this season by Coach Mohl is a perfect example of why patience can payoff. I bring this up because I believe Coach Gregory is a similar situation. Good beginning rough middle and if given a little more time could be successful (he does have a good resume). We don’t and won’t have deep talented rosters like the power teams. We need to have patience and maintain competitiveness and every couple years our teams will nail it. I’m very proud of this team and you could see little improvements every week, it was a lot of fun and as far as I’m concerned, if Coach Mohl can win a CC every 4-6 years, we would be lucky to keep him here for the long run. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Billy has one more year left on his contract.  I'd be shocked if we don't give him some more seasons.  I was critical of him over the last couple of years, but you can't argue with the results he has gotten in the last few weeks.  I think the recruiting is in a good place and our run will only help attract more talent.  My guess is they will restructure the contract...and soon.  His name will be a name that some bigger schools might take a shot on 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

6 hours ago, JoeB said:

Billy has one more year left on his contract.  I'd be shocked if we don't give him some more seasons.  I was critical of him over the last couple of years, but you can't argue with the results he has gotten in the last few weeks.  I think the recruiting is in a good place and our run will only help attract more talent.  My guess is they will restructure the contract...and soon.  His name will be a name that some bigger schools might take a shot on 

If a bigger school wants Mohl we have zero ability to stop his movement