• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 hours ago, puc86 said:

Nope but I also don’t think anyone was talking about the amazing job Strong was doing, there is a reason he was fired and we should expect more from our new head coach than just showing up and not being Strong. CCS came with a far more accomplished resume than CJS, I hope CJS lives up to everyone’s wildest dreams but it is absurd to constantly run around taking about how much he has accomplished because so far it’s somewhere between nothing and zero.

Your choices were stick with Strong or go a new direction with CJS...stop your ******** and pick a lane brother......The Leavitt days are OVER!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Sounds like there are two schools of thought here:

1. The program is trending down, but be patient he may turn things around in Year 3 like CWT, and firing him now doesn't change the immediate trajectory of the program unless we have someone we can plug in that is an obvious upgrade

2. The program is trending down and in the words of Jeremy Foley, "What should be done eventually, must be done immediately."

Regardless, we now have another high profile program that is trending in the wrong direction. This is clearly another black mark under Mark Harlan at USF - during his tenure from March 2014 to July 2018 he hired Charlie Strong, Orlando Antigua, Brian Gregory and Billy Mohl. 

Gregory is a clear upgrade over Antigua, but the other 3 have managed to leave (or currently have) their respective programs in worse shape than they entered them.

Brian Gregory hasn't been a black mark on the program at all.  Zero, zip, nada

And you left out the Kingston hire before Mohl ..... conveniently

Edited by chapelbull

Guest Jonesy Bull
14 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Brian Gregory hasn't been a black mark on the program at all.  Zero, zip, nada

And you left out the Kingston hire before Mohl ..... conveniently

Your right.  Kingston was a very good hire.  Although, I thought he really made some bad coaching decisions during tourney time.  BUT wish we could have kept him.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

21 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Your right.  Kingston was a very good hire.  Although, I thought he really made some bad coaching decisions during tourney time.  BUT wish we could have kept him.

You're ..... (j/k) .... and I don't know what decisions you speak of other than not putting the 20 year old a year removed from TJ surgery back on the mound after the long rain delay at Regionals against UF .... which I think was a good decision.

I'll also add that Mohl helped build those teams but KIngston and his boy Current were the main recruiters

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

4 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Your choices were stick with Strong or go a new direction with CJS...stop your ******** and pick a lane brother......The Leavitt days are OVER!!

They will always live on in our hearts, at least until someone actually comes close to accomplishing anything on par with him. I think at worst CJS was as good as anyone we could have hoped to hire, that being said people are really  grasping at straws to create accomplishments for him because at current there are none.

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 hours ago, chapelbull said:

You're ..... (j/k) .... and I don't know what decisions you speak of other than not putting the 20 year old a year removed from TJ surgery back on the mound after the long rain delay at Regionals against UF .... which I think was a good decision.

I'll also add that Mohl helped build those teams but KIngston and his boy Current were the main recruiters

I dont remember the specifics.  But listening to the CC games on the internet.  I seem to remember he made some very questionable decisions in the ECU game which basically decided the CC.  Even the USF announcers were complaining.  Again been awhile so dont remember the specifics.  The UF game was epic and just didnt go our way unfortunately.

Believe me, i wish we still had Kingston!  As far as Mohl.  Please tell me that just because he was part of that staff that he is HC Kingston level.  I know your not, Im just messing with ya....but Mohl is proving to be a good supporting cast member, but just cant make it as the star of the show.

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 hours ago, puc86 said:

They will always live on in our hearts, at least until someone actually comes close to accomplishing anything on par with him. I think at worst CJS was as good as anyone we could have hoped to hire, that being said people are really  grasping at straws to create accomplishments for him because at current there are none.

I dont think anybody is comparing CJS to Leavitt without any games played yet.  Im not.  I just think after what we have been through he brings a level of hope and excitement we havent had for awhile.

Hey I love Leavitt for what he did for the program.  But the reality is he never won us a championship or could quite get us over the hump. So lets not act like he is some kind of God.  That said, those were my favorite USF memories.

For me its just faith that this new guy will be even better.  He is doing and saying all the right things right now anyway.  Thats all I have to go on.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

Would you suggest that he’s growing the program since he took over. Or even that he’s maintained the level of the program. It doesn’t take five or 10 years to figure out that the program is not on the right track. It seems clear that barring a incredible turnaround “which I’m rooting for” this Team will be worse than last year

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, Massbull said:

Would you suggest that he’s growing the program since he took over. Or even that he’s maintained the level of the program. It doesn’t take five or 10 years to figure out that the program is not on the right track. It seems clear that barring a incredible turnaround “which I’m rooting for” this Team will be worse than last year

Would you suggest that we had an anomaly of a recruiting class in 2015 that all graduated about the time he took over? 

Kingston 2015 recruiting ranking 3 

Kingston 2016 recruiting ranking 40 

Seems like if we are gonna say there's been a steady decline its starts there and CBM just hasn't got it back right again. ( i'm not in this camp)

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

14 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

What decisions did you think were bad?