• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I don’t think firing a coach after not making a regional two out of three years is a good reason. But not making your conference tourney two of those years is. For the reasons I mentioned before we should not be a bottom feeder in the aac. If you can’t string up enough talent in the state of Florida alone you’ve got problems ahead of you. Those other schools have found success because they’ve recruited well and they’ve used the talent they have well. If I recall correctly game management was also an issue last season, which has nothing to do with Florida talent and everything to do with coaching capability. Not winning with talent availability is only one aspect of why things haven’t worked out so far. If we show progress then most of what I’m saying is irrelevant. My biggest fear is that we haven’t shown much progress yet but instead regression. 

He's been here 2 years.  Made the NCAA Regional Year 1 and sucked last year.  IT's already been pointed out that last year we had to replace our Top 3 Pitchers due to MLB draft as well as a couple of top hitters.   We also lost several arms to injury.  I don't recall any glaring "game management" issues.

This year we have started as many as 5 or 6 Freshman/Soph in the batting order and our Saturday starter is a Freshman ( he may prove to be the Friday guy, but CBM may choose to leave the Senior there).  Another freshman has looked overall good while a little inconsistent and 2 juniors returning from injury have looked good overall on the bump.

The team is young, Mohl is young.  Sometimes you just have to let it play out and see what happens

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

He's been here 2 years.  Made the NCAA Regional Year 1 and sucked last year.  IT's already been pointed out that last year we had to replace our Top 3 Pitchers due to MLB draft as well as a couple of top hitters.   We also lost several arms to injury.  I don't recall any glaring "game management" issues.

This year we have started as many as 5 or 6 Freshman/Soph in the batting order and our Saturday starter is a Freshman ( he may prove to be the Friday guy, but CBM may choose to leave the Senior there).  Another freshman has looked overall good while a little inconsistent and 2 juniors returning from injury have looked good overall on the bump.

The team is young, Mohl is young.  Sometimes you just have to let it play out and see what happens

At the expense of not making an 8 out of 9 team conference tournament in our own back yard? Nah I’m not good with that. Did those other teams not have to deal with adversity as well?

5 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

At the expense of not making an 8 out of 9 team conference tournament in our own back yard? Nah I’m not good with that. Did those other teams not have to deal with adversity as well?

I didn't say I'm good with it, but it was 1 year not 2 and we'll see how this year plays out.  **** happens and the other teams are trying to win too.  

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

I didn't say I'm good with it, but it was 1 year not 2 and we'll see how this year plays out.  **** happens and the other teams are trying to win too.  

But everything I’ve been saying is mainly with this and last year combined. I’m not talking about year one. I’ve been speaking in hypotheticals with how poorly this season has started. We made a regional his first year with a lot of Kingston’s talent. I mentioned in one of my posts that almost all of what I’ve said could play out to be irrelevant by season’s end. Multiple years of not making the tournament meaning last year and this year if that’s what happens. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

This all may be true Chapel.  And given time this might possibly be a good team and he might possibly be a good coach.  I have my doubts but...

If you were MK, how much time/ leash to give Mohl before deciding to make a change?

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

16 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

This all may be true Chapel.  And given time this might possibly be a good team and he might possibly be a good coach.  I have my doubts but...

If you were MK, how much time/ leash to give Mohl before deciding to make a change?

This season. If it looks like last season, see ya. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

This season. If it looks like last season, see ya. 

Thats my point.  Chapel seems to think that given time that Mohl can turn this thing around.  And that I suppose is possible.  But do you take that chance.  Its high risk.

Unfortunately for him, I dont think he will get that time to prove himself.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

14 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Thats my point.  Chapel seems to think that given time that Mohl can turn this thing around.  And that I suppose is possible.  But do you take that chance.  Its high risk.

Unfortunately for him, I dont think he will get that time to prove himself.

I'm just pointing out facts that most ignore.  He may "turn it around" or he may not.  But it's unfair to judge him on the current body of work and let's see how it all plays out this season.   If he doesn't make the conference tourney this year, he's probably gone and I'm probably not going to argue against it.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think Mohl can turn this around. This lineup is terrible and will not improve much. The caliber of position players being recruited is pathetic. The Pitching is not much better with an Team ERA of 4.50.

To miss the AAC Tournament last year (8 out of 9 teams make it) and losing so far this season to Marist, FAMU and swept by Northeastern is an epic failure.

What was the team's lame motto? Carry the Boat or something like that LOL

Fire Mohl!

• Crying 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
52 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

I don't think Mohl can turn this around. This lineup is terrible and will not improve much. The caliber of position players being recruited is pathetic. The Pitching is not much better with an Team ERA of 4.50.

To miss the AAC Tournament last year (8 out of 9 teams make it) and losing so far this season to Marist, FAMU and swept by Northeastern is an epic failure.

What was the team's lame motto? Carry the Boat or something like that LOL

Fire Mohl!

Well there is a whole season ro go.  So you will have till aJune foelr that to happen.

Thiscis the year we look back as "cleaning house".  Track and field, Volleyball, of course Football.  And now looks like Baseball is very likely.

Not a fun year, but may be best thing for the overall health of the athletic dept overall.