• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rut-Row Here Comes Slick Willie!!!! He’s Getting Warmer!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

2 hours ago, usf97 said:

Note in that TDS article "Sources close to former South Florida Bulls head coach Willie Taggart told The Daily Stampede that he’s very interested in returning to Tampa as the next head coach."

You see where this is coming from correct? Confirms this doesn't tell us anything about which way MK is leaning so this is just noise. 

I am sure sources close to Steve Spurrier could say his visits to Tampa were the happiest times in his life in order to get Scott Spurrier a set up gig. 

Media noise. 

Won't say where i heard it but Spurrier did reach out to USF with that exact idea in mind. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

so they were almost mediocre in his third year here

let's not get carried away

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  237
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, TExpress said:

He has already figured out what works here and every team he has coached was a rebuild. You can’t go by his record to form an opinion. I really don’t want to wait 2-3 years for another coach to either get fired or figure out what works!

He has already figured out what works here?

What makes you think that he can just come in and have a winning team?  These are not his players, he did not recruit them.  He or any other  coach that is hired will have to start rebuilding this team.   If he is hired  three years from now we will be having this discussion again.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

let's not get carried away

76th ranked scoring defense  is almost mediocre. he needed to bring in several grad transfers in order to do it too.

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

if that's Taggart's record then yes. Obviously anyone smart enough would look at the trends in records. not the total.

he was recruiting for FSU so I'm sure he can get a good class. He even had the #1 AAC class his first year here the last time.

If you are questioning my intelligence then lets look at the trend:   He was a losing  HC at three of his four schools.   Yes he has recruited outstanding classes.  To that point and yours he has not taken advantage of his reciting.   By the way he had 4 wins and 5 lose in the PAC 12 in his only year at Oregon.  And yes I happen to be Very SMART, but I prefer "INTELLIGENT"

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

hahahahaha it would just be easier to swallow if he would just be honest, he wants to be here because its his best option and not because he was living on cloud 9. People that are living their best and happiest life don't leave for Oregon and CWT is only pining for USF because we are now his best option. If he ends up being our best option, there are worse options out there, then so be it but he can STFU with his wanting to actually be here this time nonsense. He is a whore, not that there is anything wrong with that and I am one too, and you cannot turn a whore into a house wife. His desire to be here will last exactly as long as it takes for someone else to come calling. 

I mean I've built my career on moving around with work and fixing/rebuilding companies. I am currently the happiest I can remember me being outside of the office in a long time. I also don't see me staying in the Vegas area forever because at some point another company is going to pay me more to move else where. Later on down the road I may end up moving back because, again happiest I've been, the thing is career ambition and happiness/quality of life do not typically go hand in hand. My motto has typically been "you never know what the right place for you is until you try it" CWT tried Oregon and he tried Tally, and he wasn't happy. Same can be said for me in my adult life/career; Tampa(happy), Naples(not so happy), Twin Falls, ID(hated it), LA(loved and hated it for many reasons), Seattle(realized why I went to college on the other side of the country), Spokane(had 70 inches of snow my one year there and I had a sports car, hated it) and now Vegas(absolutely love it), within the next 3 years I will most likely be in one of Denver, Austin, Chicago or Kalispell; maybe I'll hate it and pine to move back to Vegas or maybe I will fall in love with a new city I won't know until I try it. 

Maybe Tags sticks around forever or maybe he doesn't, but if he leaves us for another opportunity he will once again have left us in a better position than he found us. I don't see a problem with that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, negron2002 said:

If you are questioning my intelligence then lets look at the trend:   He was a losing  HC at three of his four schools.   Yes he has recruited outstanding classes.  To that point and yours he has not taken advantage of his reciting.   By the way he had 4 wins and 5 lose in the PAC 12 in his only year at Oregon.  And yes I happen to be Very SMART, but I prefer "INTELLIGENT"

again you didn't look at the trend.

WKU(coming in 26 game losing streak)

2-10    7-5    7-5

USF(3-9)

2-10    4-8   8-4    10-2

Oregon(4-8)

7-5

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Can we recap the facts here?

Willie has been contacted. Do we know anything else concrete?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502

4 minutes ago, negron2002 said:

Wow, did you just look up wins and losses?  The guy took over a Western Kentucky program (rebuild) that was 0-12 and improved it to 7-5 in 2 seasons.  He came in at USF (another rebuild) when we were 3-9 with an empty cupboard thanks to Skip and got us to 10-2.  He was at Oregon 1 season and took them from 4-8 to 7-5.... You notice any trends here?  

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

again you didn't look at the trend.

WKU(coming in 26 game losing streak)

2-10    7-5    7-5

USF(3-9)

2-10    4-8   8-4    10-2

Oregon(4-8)

7-5