• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rut-Row Here Comes Slick Willie!!!! He’s Getting Warmer!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Since its been widely reported that Taggart never signed his contract with FSU and that the university may want to get out of some or all of the $18M owed to him, I think that USF would want some resolution to that particularly if FSU will still owe money to CWT.

For example, I don't think USF would care if CWT was making $5M a year if they were only kicking in $1M of it, but doubt they or CWT would want to sign up for anything not knowing what FSU is kicking in.

Those contract disputes typically don't get resolved quickly and for that reason I don't suspect CWT becomes the next HC.

This is way too good of a point to have been lost in the constant "Taggart was good" "Nuh uh" "Yeah huh" "Nuh uh"

Taggart's FSU contract has got to be a sticking point for everyone.  FSU can't try to renege on it til they get their next coach (would be terrible look for prospective hirees), Taggart can't realistically price himself until he knows his payout situation, and USF can't write up a favorable contract for all parties (a la Strong's first two years offset by Texas....) until it's resolved.

(And no I'm not saying Charlie's contract was good for us in full, everything after first two years was awful for us)

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Taggart - Coach,

Kerwin Bell OC,

Shaun King WR coach

Kade Bell TE, Special Teams

Pimpelton - Running back

Defense - Bring back Brian Jean-Marie

I'm good with our defensive coaches. I feel they are building  a good defense. 

I doubt Taggart would keep KB as OC. Taggs would run the GCO, which King is familiar with, so he'd likely be the OC.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  237
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Wow, did you just look up wins and losses?  The guy took over a Western Kentucky program (rebuild) that was 0-12 and improved it to 7-5 in 2 seasons.  He came in at USF (another rebuild) when we were 3-9 with an empty cupboard thanks to Skip and got us to 10-2.  He was at Oregon 1 season and took them from 4-8 to 7-5.... You notice any trends here?  

All I am saying is that we need a HC with new ideas and not a retread.  

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Just now, negron2002 said:

Not what you said. 

Myself and NEB are saying that 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, negron2002 said:

you forgot FSU 

5-7

4-5

if they let him finish season he is likely 6-6. but of course you knew that.

3 minutes ago, negron2002 said:

sure those ideas that led us to 11-2 are just so stale.....like recruiting NFL players and running an offense tailor made for Florida high school players. Setting a record for most 30+ point games in a row or designing and running a top 5 offense.

who wants any of that??

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

3 hours ago, Bull94 said:

we aren't louisville. their athletic department is dirty. clearly Strong needed them to hire a cheater from miami that eventually got a show cause suspension for dirty recruiting in order for him to win there.

Taggart was able to bring in 3 straight #1 AAC classes without the facilities or cheating.

I completely agree with everything you've said about Taggart, but you're trying to talk sense into people who aren't open to that. The guy completely turned the program around, and somehow he's the guy that people love to hate here. I really don't get it.

Just now, USFBulls727 said:

I completely agree with everything you've said about Taggart, but you're trying to talk sense into people who aren't open to that. The guy completely turned the program around, and somehow he's the guy that people love to hate here. I really don't get it.

I don't get it either. they feel rejected I guess. Like a jilted lover.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

I don't get it either. they feel rejected I guess. Like a jilted lover.

That's what it comes down to.  They expect USF's football coach to be here forever (as long as we're winning) at the exclusion of all others.  

It's that last part that is the hangup, and irrationally so.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  952

6 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

I mean I've built my career on moving around with work and fixing/rebuilding companies. I am currently the happiest I can remember me being outside of the office in a long time. I also don't see me staying in the Vegas area forever because at some point another company is going to pay me more to move else where. Later on down the road I may end up moving back because, again happiest I've been, the thing is career ambition and happiness/quality of life do not typically go hand in hand. My motto has typically been "you never know what the right place for you is until you try it" CWT tried Oregon and he tried Tally, and he wasn't happy. Same can be said for me in my adult life/career; Tampa(happy), Naples(not so happy), Twin Falls, ID(hated it), LA(loved and hated it for many reasons), Seattle(realized why I went to college on the other side of the country), Spokane(had 70 inches of snow my one year there and I had a sports car, hated it) and now Vegas(absolutely love it), within the next 3 years I will most likely be in one of Denver, Austin, Chicago or Kalispell; maybe I'll hate it and pine to move back to Vegas or maybe I will fall in love with a new city I won't know until I try it. 

Maybe Tags sticks around forever or maybe he doesn't, but if he leaves us for another opportunity he will once again have left us in a better position than he found us. I don't see a problem with that.

Thank you for this post, you are spot on with this. It doesn’t matter how much money or glory you have, if your not happy, it’s not worth it. CWT has made a lot of money, had his shot at his dream job and may see that it’s not what it was cracked up to be. He may very well be telling the truth that he wants to be here for the long haul; family, life style and job expectations/work life balance can have a huge effect. In addition, long haul doesn’t mean for life, but it means that you are invested in the job and want to settle in for a sustained period. If CWT were to come back, and IF (which is a big IF) we get back to 9/10/11 wins a year, and he stays for 5-10 years, that would be much better than an up and coming coach doing the same but only staying for 3-5 years. CWT has ties here, he’s done the jumping around thing and may want to settle for a while; I personally would prefer this and trust him over some young coach with no ties, that WILL leave at the first P5 offer.