• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential Coaches from Tampa Times

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

5/6 years of recruiting in a BCS conference. When Holtz took over its not like we had a great team that CJL left him either.  

I don't know if I can blame Leavitt for not consistently pulling recruits away from the big 3 in Florida and other high profile schools.  We were in a BCS conference, but still a step down the ladder.   It's not like 5 star recruits were lining up to come to USF because we were in the Big East.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

5/6 years of recruiting in a BCS conference. When Holtz took over its not like we had a great team that CJL left him either.  

Holtz was a bum that wasted BJ Daniels and plenty other talented players Leavitt recruited. If Grothe doesn't tear his ACL, Leavitt likely never gets fired. Give Taggert the same team Holtz had and it's similar to 2016. 

His first several seasons in the BE were with CUSA level or worse recruits, a bad QB in Julmiste (2005) and then starting over with a freshman in Grothe. The 2007 season was the first one with actual expectations and we had a good season until injuries hit and tested our terrible depth. While 2008 had 3 one possession score losses which could've gone either way. 

For all his teams faults, Leavitt made massive strides with little to work with. Was he Nick Saban, hell no, but he was no Skip Holtz. Leavitt is a rock solid ball coach that can easily get us back to 9+ wins and contending for titles in this trash conference. 

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We werent a G5 school going against the P5. CJL was on the SAME playing field for 5 years and couldnt do more than be "competitive" every once in a while. Save the argument buddy.

Yeah except that is not remotely true.   Again, for those of you with difficulty reading, when we joined the conference, the upperclassman were recruited when USF was just a I-A independent.  A vast majority of the remaining roster was recruited when we were just CUSA.  So we had a roster of 90% players from "G5" level recruiting going against teams with full "P5/BCS" rosters.  It would be no different then taking our current team and throwing them in the ACC or Big 12 next year and then wondering how we haven't won that conference in the first 3-4 years.  We are not on the same playing field.  Being on the same playing field is brought Leavitts highest recruiting class in 2009.  And the roster he left Skip still had talent like BJ, Barrington, Kayvon Webster, Lindsey Lamar, DeDe Lattimore, etc.. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, Brad said:

I really can't say that this bugs me half as much as what I have seen since.  I know a lot you guys had your lives wrecked this season, but I'd welcome it back any day.  Those terrible 9 win seasons....  LOL

image.png

I think of all of that but I also think of this: Rutgers and Uconn...😭

7B5DC94E-0BD8-43EF-9C1B-A134CB37A13B.jpeg

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Ray Rice was a beast. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,551
  • Days Won:  28

9 minutes ago, deters- said:

Holtz was a bum that wasted BJ Daniels and plenty other talented players Leavitt recruited. If Grothe doesn't tear his ACL, Leavitt likely never gets fired. Give Taggert the same team Holtz had and it's similar to 2016. 

His first several seasons in the BE were with CUSA level or worse recruits, a bad QB in Julmiste (2005) and then starting over with a freshman in Grothe. The 2007 season was the first one with actual expectations and we had a good season until injuries hit and tested our terrible depth. While 2008 had 3 one possession score losses which could've gone either way. 

For all his teams faults, Leavitt made massive strides with little to work with. Was he Nick Saban, hell no, but he was no Skip Holtz. Leavitt is a rock solid ball coach that can easily get us back to 9+ wins and contending for titles in this trash conference. 

CJL won 9 games twice. He averaged 7-8 wins and we never came close to a conference title. Hell he is what 2-3 in bowl games.

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Bullshiznitz said:

Yeah except that is not remotely true.   Again, for those of you with difficulty reading, when we joined the conference, the upperclassman were recruited when USF was just a I-A independent.  A vast majority of the remaining roster was recruited when we were just CUSA.  So we had a roster of 90% players from "G5" level recruiting going against teams with full "P5/BCS" rosters.  It would be no different then taking our current team and throwing them in the ACC or Big 12 next year and then wondering how we haven't won that conference in the first 3-4 years.  We are not on the same playing field.  Being on the same playing field is brought Leavitts highest recruiting class in 2009.  And the roster he left Skip still had talent like BJ, Barrington, Kayvon Webster, Lindsey Lamar, DeDe Lattimore, etc.. 

No use arguing with an ignorant fool man. Logic isn't relatable. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think of all of that but I also think of this: Rutgers and Uconn...😭

7B5DC94E-0BD8-43EF-9C1B-A134CB37A13B.jpeg

But that 64-12 win over UCF.....

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,551
  • Days Won:  28

Screenshot_20191203-123803.png

Jim Levitt was an average coach and still a good defensive coordinator. But he was regressing towards the end  

Edited by Gatorbull325