• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential Coaches from Tampa Times

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

17 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I mean if you like winning 7-8 games per year with the occasional 9 win season due to beating a wack team in a bowl then go ahead.

I really can't say that this bugs me half as much as what I have seen since.  I know a lot you guys had your lives wrecked this season, but I'd welcome it back any day.  Those terrible 9 win seasons....  LOL

image.png

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Young team,? He was in a BCS conference for 5 seasons. how much time does he need to recruit a good team? lol

You seem to know very little about the depth and talent on those early teams...

• Upvote 1

If we allegedly can't compete in the  AAC because we don't have an IPF, how did Leavitt do what he did without an Athletics Facility and extra fields to practice on?  Mindboggling.  What was he recruiting to, with?  Playing on a muddy field?  With car lights?   

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

27 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I mean if you like winning 7-8 games per year with the occasional 9 win season due to beating a wack team in a bowl then go ahead. It works well for Vanderbilt, Wake Forrest, Pitt and UK.  CSL simply had competitive teams that underacheived  

Young team,? He was in a BCS conference for 5 seasons. how much time does he need to recruit a good team? lol

Yes, shame on him for not winning a BCS conference multiple times with a 10 year old program with highly inferior facilities, no program recognition, and underfunded cash pool for a proper staff. 

He got more out of nothing than probably 98% of the coaches in CFB could. Give him our current stature, money and add an IPF and he can do great things here. 

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

They don’t have ears to hear. Jimmy is their god. 

Or....Or.....have a realistic understanding of the situation back then.  

Leavitt Era (2005-2009) Big East - 5 Seasons :  Faced 17 teams who finished ranked  :   Faced 6 teams who finished ranked in the top 10 :  Conference Champion Avg finishing position #8.4 (5, 6, 6, 8, 17)

Post Leavitt Era (2010-2018) Big East/AAC - 9 Seasons :  Faced just 15 teams who finished ranked : Faced just 5 teams who finished ranked in the top 10 : Conference Champion Avg finishing position #15.8 (and thats being generous as twice the conference champion has finished unranked and I assigned a #26 value for that).  

The conference was much more difficult back then.  You had peak level WVU (rich rod years), peak level Rutgers (Schiano), peak level Cincy (Mark Dantonio and Brian Kelly years) and peak level Louisville (original Petrino years) in that span.  

The 2005 team had upperclassman who were recruited when USF was an independent who just moved up to I-A football facing off against teams who had been recruiting for "BCS" level forever.  We were a completely unknown commodity back then.  Leavitt was just starting to hit strides in recruiting in the later years.  We had the #29 recruiting class in the nation in 2009 with 5 4 stars.  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

17 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

Clemson offense is going to be a slow bake.  Can we just stick with what we know works around here?

How do you figure? Their offense is built around having a QB that can be a factor in the run game. Of course, if you have Trevor Lawerence, you aren’t going to run him 30+ times a game, but I don’t think we will have to worry about that much.

Rushing stats since Tony Elliott took over the Clemson offense in 2015  - 

2015:

Wayne Gallman 282 Att, 

Deshaun Watson 207 Att 

2016: 

Gallman 232 Att 4

Watson 165 Att 

2017: 

Kelly Bryant 192 Att

Travis Etienne 107 Att

Tavien Feaster 107 Att

2018: 

Etienne 204 Att

Feaster 78 Att

Lawerence 60 Att

2019: 

Etienne 168 Att

Lawerence 71 Att (7 rushing TD’s) 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, deters- said:

Yes, shame on him for not winning a BCS conference multiple times with a 10 year old program with highly inferior facilities, no program recognition, and underfunded cash pool for a proper staff. 

He got more out of nothing than probably 98% of the coaches in CFB could. Give him our current stature, money and add an IPF and he can do great things here. 

5/6 years of recruiting in a BCS conference. When Holtz took over its not like we had a great team that CJL left him either.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

7 minutes ago, Bullshiznitz said:

Or....Or.....have a realistic understanding of the situation back then.  

Leavitt Era (2005-2009) Big East - 5 Seasons :  Faced 17 teams who finished ranked  :   Faced 6 teams who finished ranked in the top 10 :  Conference Champion Avg finishing position #8.4 (5, 6, 6, 8, 17)

Post Leavitt Era (2010-2018) Big East/AAC - 9 Seasons :  Faced just 15 teams who finished ranked : Faced just 5 teams who finished ranked in the top 10 : Conference Champion Avg finishing position #15.8 (and thats being generous as twice the conference champion has finished unranked and I assigned a #26 value for that).  

The conference was much more difficult back then.  You had peak level WVU (rich rod years), peak level Rutgers (Schiano), peak level Cincy (Mark Dantonio and Brian Kelly years) and peak level Louisville (original Petrino years) in that span.  

The 2005 team had upperclassman who were recruited when USF was an independent who just moved up to I-A football facing off against teams who had been recruiting for "BCS" level forever.  We were a completely unknown commodity back then.  Leavitt was just starting to hit strides in recruiting in the later years.  We had the #29 recruiting class in the nation in 2009 with 5 4 stars.  

We werent a G5 school going against the P5. CJL was on the SAME playing field for 5 years and couldnt do more than be "competitive" every once in a while. Save the argument buddy.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We werent a G5 school going against the P5. CJL was on the SAME playing field for 5 years and couldnt do more than be "competitive" every once in a while. Save the argument buddy.

Based on your argument, Arkansas and Alabama are on the “SAME playing field”. 

Edited by IBulleve
  • Haha 1

I think he won the argument.