• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential Coaches from Tampa Times

Guest Jonesy Bull
16 minutes ago, TExpress said:

I'd rather see Brady here than Ensminger but apparently LSU is not going to let him go without a fight.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28212658/lsu-step-ahead-plan-keep-assistant-joe-brady

There seems to be alot of chatter (just radio talk) that Brady is going to be offered bigger P5 jobs, so I doubt we have much of a chance to get him, although he would a really great get.  We have a much better shot at one of the Clemson boys imo.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, MMW said:

I was discussing CJL with my 12 yo at the game this year.  I said imagine having a chance to win against ANY opponent no matter who it was.  He was like "whoa!!!".

Followed up by, imagine the same team could lose to any opponent (like UCONN this year).

"That's what it was like when CJL was coach"

It was exciting though.  The sole has been sucked out of me the past 10 years since.  I miss the way that felt.

And also lose to a completely inferior opponent. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, Bullrush33 said:

And also lose to a completely inferior opponent. 

We've been doing that for 23 years, just a heck of a lot more of them since The Jim left.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

There seems to be alot of chatter (just radio talk) that Brady is going to be offered bigger P5 jobs, so I doubt we have much of a chance to get him, although he would a really great get.  We have a much better shot at one of the Clemson boys imo.

From what I have seen of Clemson's offense, it's a little too pro-style for my liking. Maybe I just haven't seen enough of it. They have put up great numbers this year though...

Guest Jonesy Bull
Just now, TExpress said:

From what I have seen of Clemson's offense, it's a little too pro-style for my liking. Maybe I just haven't seen enough of it. They have put up great numbers this year though...

I understand what your saying, but they seem to me to be the best options for us considering everything that they would bring including recruiting.  Maybe they are smart enough to adapt our offense to our players.

If not them, who would be your choice then?  Remember we are USF, our options are not limitless!

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

41 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Recruiting was trending up. Those teams lacked depth. We lost to Rutgers in 2007 after a starting offensive lineman was injured. Grothe was sacked 9 times.

Leavitt won more games against tougher opponents than the other USF coaches combined. Count up those ranked teams he beat and you’ll see it’s more ranked wins than we’ve had since. 

As DC at Colorado Leavitt’s defense was the best in the PAC-12. 

He had us bowling every year. He sure as hell wouldn’t have done any worse than Holtz, Taggart (year 1 and 2) or Strong. 

CJL is a good Defensive Coordinator and an average head coach. As a coach...kind of like CCS.  😎   He had 5 years in a  BCS conference and never won more than 9 games. Pretty much averaged 8 wins a season. So you think it's ok to give a coach 6-8 years to win 10 games? GTFOH man! We barely give a coach 3 years over here b4 we want somebody fired. The double standard with CJL compared to other coaches is hilarious. But go ahead and give this man more false praise. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

7 minutes ago, MMW said:

I was discussing CJL with my 12 yo at the game this year.  I said imagine having a chance to win against ANY opponent no matter who it was.  He was like "whoa!!!".

Followed up by, imagine the same team could lose to any opponent (like UCONN this year).

"That's what it was like when CJL was coach"

It was exciting though.  The sole has been sucked out of me the past 10 years since.  I miss the way that felt.

I'm not sure I buy the nonsense of "lose to anyone any given week"... Leavitt NEVER lost to a team as bad as UConn this year after we moved into the BE. I think there was a bad Army loss in there, but, in a transition year.

In 2006, our worst loss was to a 6-6 Kansas team. Cincy was second with 5 losses, 4 of which were to ranked teams

In 2007, all 4 of our losses were to teams ranked inside the top-20 at some point in the season. The regular season losses were all single-digit losses.

In 2008, we lost to UL (5-7), bad loss. Other losses were to teams that were 8-5 or better

In 2009, we lost to 3 ranked teams, an 8-5 UConn, and 9-4 Rutgers

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

CJL is a good Defensive Coordinator and an average head coach. As a coach...kind of like CCS.  😎   He had 5 years in a  BCS conference and never won more than 9 games. Pretty much averaged 8 wins a season. So you think it's ok to give a coach 6-8 years to win 10 games? GTFOH man! We barely give a coach 3 years over here b4 we want somebody fired. The double standard with CJL compared to other coaches is hilarious. But go ahead and give this man more false praise. 

I would definately put CJL ahead of CCS.....although I think we can do better than CJL.  It doesn't matter anyway, its a pipe dream, I highly doubt either him or Taggart are being seriously considered.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Or won our first conference championship... We may never know.

History and our first year performance let’s us know but people can fantasize all they like, want to bet on if his next job is better than this one?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

crazy breaking bad GIF
you’re either trying to start a riot or catch a permaban. Or both