• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential Coaches from Tampa Times

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,495
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

If Elliot or Scott are going to run pro style it’s a no for me. The LSU guy is also pro style so that’s a no for me too.

That sums it up.  We've gone down this road before.  Square peg, round hole for a few seasons before realizing your 2 and 3 star linemen can't protect a pocket passer.  I would assume a "good" coach would do some research of player personnel and realize what system will work before accepting the job.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

19 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Got outmaneuvered by Randy Edsall on several occasions. Really intense.

Wouldn't have to worry about that any more. :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

That sums it up.  We've gone down this road before.  Square peg, round hole for a few seasons before realizing your 2 and 3 star linemen can't protect a pocket passer.  I would assume a "good" coach would do some research of player personnel and realize what system will work before accepting the job.

Gotta find a coach or OC that runs a similar system that would work here....most dont like to change to fit a program.  

That's where you start your list from.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Gotta find a coach or OC that runs a similar system that would work here....most dont like to change to fit a program.  

That's where you start your list from.

Dual Threat QB.... that's our bread and butter on offense

Every time we get an OC that wants us to have a pocket passer, it all falls apart

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

5 minutes ago, MikePhillips said:

Dual Threat QB.... that's our bread and butter on offense

Every time we get an OC that wants us to have a pocket passer, it all falls apart

Skip tried, Taggart tried, Bell tried, all failed miserably with some of the lowest ranked and lowest scoring offenses in college football. 

If a pro style coach wants to sink his career, come and try to install a pro style pass blocking at USF. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

29 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Might as well add your name to the list.  The more, the merrier.  I'm sure quite a few on our list have all ready been eliminated.  

Just reached out, waiting for JK to tweet about my interest in the HC job.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,495

6 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

Just reached out, waiting for JK to tweet about my interest in the HC job.

If it helps, I'll call MK right now and give you a good recommendation.

(it won't help)

Edited by bullstampede9922

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

The more I think about this HC search, the more I realize i am way more concered about whos goning to be under center. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166

10 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I Like Joe Brady and Graham Harrell. But Texas is gonna take a shot at both of those for OC. 

Funny everyone in the country wants Joe Brady but he Runs a PRO StYLE offense. Offense is offense. It’s all about recruiting and players and qb. Strong would have gotten fired with anyone running the offense as bad as we are. Memphis, smu, ucf, Cincinnati, temple, all have better players than us and Navy had the best Qb on the field. Let Bell get his Qb and players in here just like he has done every where else and we will be competing for a championship. Funny Valdosta State was average then suddenly the best d2 team and offense ever. He leaves and new coach walks in and they still go undefeated but lose in playoffs because the new coach that runs the AIR RAID couldn’t score like Bell could with the same players. Bell can recruit Florida, has that confidence about him and has won a championship every where he had been as a head coach. Guy raised money at Valdosta and at Jacksonville where he was given money to build a on campus stadium. He knows how to build and run a program! 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

Funny everyone in the country wants Joe Brady but he Runs a PRO StYLE offense. Offense is offense. It’s all about recruiting and players and qb. Strong would have gotten fired with anyone running the offense as bad as we are. Memphis, smu, ucf, Cincinnati, temple, all have better players than us and Navy had the best Qb on the field. Let Bell get his Qb and players in here just like he has done every where else and we will be competing for a championship. Funny Valdosta State was average then suddenly the best d2 team and offense ever. He leaves and new coach walks in and they still go undefeated but lose in playoffs because the new coach that runs the AIR RAID couldn’t score like Bell could with the same players. Bell can recruit Florida, has that confidence about him and has won a championship every where he had been as a head coach. Guy raised money at Valdosta and at Jacksonville where he was given money to build a on campus stadium. He knows how to build and run a program! 

Joe brady turned LSU into one of the best passing offense in the country (**** you mike Leech) > Bell's D2 acomplishments. 

Edited by BrassBulls12