• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential Coaches from Tampa Times

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, OncomingStorm said:

It’s worth pointing out that Valdosta did fantastic without KB as coach this year. Undefeated regular season, made it to championship game ranked #1, lost it by 3 points. Averaged 39pts a game.

Makes you wonder how much of their recent success was KB’s playcalling...

They had the whole offense back averaged 39 points while Kb team averaged 52 points and only scored under 45 points once all year! Valdosta just lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs last week and at one point we’re down 31to14. Valdosta fans are saying they should have won the national championship but coaching and running the air raid wasn’t as good as What Bell was doing. Think about the culture and players Bell left at Valdosta state for a new coach who had a losing record walk in and go undefeated and win the conference. That’s what great head coaches do. Leave the place they had better than when they got it. By the way Kb was the head coach, his son Kade called the plays at Valdosta. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,568
  • Days Won:  28

46 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

King hasn’t done anything. Wasn’t successful in high school, was a 7on7 coach. Heard he’s been a issue at USF with staffs and some of the culture issue.  hasn’t recruited Tampa very well. A lot of players he has brought in are reason we are so bad. 

What about his NUMBERS? Every positioned he has coached at USF has had SUCCESS. And thats with 3/4 different offensive coordinators and some pretty bad offensive lines. QF had his best year, he had three players rush for at least 700 yards i a season,  Cronkrite, DeErnest Johnson, Quinton Flowers, Tice....all players he coached that made it to the NFL or at least made it to a camp...yet you chit on him because of something you "heard"?

Edited by Gatorbull325

Guest Jonesy Bull
38 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I’m all in on Jeff Scott if he wants the job.

Im with you man, thats what Im rooting for.  Either of the 2 Clemson guys mentioned would be a great hire!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

They had the whole offense back averaged 39 points while Kb team averaged 52 points and only scored under 45 points once all year! Valdosta just lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs last week and at one point we’re down 31to14. Valdosta fans are saying they should have won the national championship but coaching and running the air raid wasn’t as good as What Bell was doing. Think about the culture and players Bell left at Valdosta state for a new coach who had a losing record walk in and go undefeated and win the conference. That’s what great head coaches do. Leave the place they had better than when they got it. By the way Kb was the head coach, his son Kade called the plays at Valdosta. 

In a way id be interested in seeing what Bell could do with this offense once he brought in his players....I know his offense sucked this season but I think most OC would with our line, qb play and wr. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gismo said:

Skip tried, Taggart tried, Bell tried, all failed miserably with some of the lowest ranked and lowest scoring offenses in college football. 

If a pro style coach wants to sink his career, come and try to install a pro style pass blocking at USF. 

Bell had a duel threat qb at Valdosta state. So this is a false narrative. Also is the reason Tate Rodemaker and Jordan Smith are both committed. They are both really athletic.  Also Valdosta fans were worried about Bell coming in not running the air raid/Spread. Valdosta ran that every year since Mike leach was Oc there in 90s  and hired same spread/air raid coaches every year since then. Well they gave Kb time to recruit and he made there offense better than any offense they ever had. Explain that!

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Joe brady turned LSU into one of the best passing offense in the country (**** you mike Leech) > Bell's D2 acomplishments. 

Why ? Because he had a good Qb, wrs and oline! Aka he has the players! That’s what happens when you recruit well. We don’t have the players now to be good like that. It’s called recruiting.

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

In a way id be interested in seeing what Bell could do with this offense once he brought in his players....I know his offense sucked this season but I think most OC would with our line and qb.

Too risky!

Jeff Scott - great recruiter, knows great offense.  Comes from a Total winning culture.  Still a risk yes.  Anybody is, but closer to a sure bet imo.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Does either meet the template established?

49 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

But his offense was really horrible he tried running...I know he didn't recruit McCloud but he should have adopted his system to the hand he was given till his offense could make the transition to what he wanted to run.

I sort of wish he was hired the 2018 season to see what he could have done.

If you go back and watch the games. He tried everything. Deep throws, quick throws, screen throws. Qb and wrs couldn’t do anything. If you have watched Kb offense before he got here, he ran a lot of outside zone at Valdosta and Jacksonville. He tried here but didn’t have the personal and athletic offensive line. He changed the run game beginning of season to fit the lineman and RBs. He ran down hill because the line wasn’t the type of guys he needed. So he did what they could try and do. He even had to go to 2 tight ends the BYU game to be successful running the ball. The only reason we won that game. Kb did everything he could to put players in position to be successful. We just don’t have the players like the top teams in the conference. Ucf and Memphis offensive players are heads and shoulders better than what we have. That goes to show the recruiting the last 3 years and ccs getting rid of a lot of talented players Solomon, Antoine, Duron Bell, Mack, 2 QBs leaving before Kb got here. Then lost Bronson, McCannts, ford suspended all year and only 1 scholarship qb. That’s not on Kb. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

CWT, Jeff Scott, Lane Kiffin, Larry Scott, Dan Campbell 

My shortlist 

CWT is my clear choice... I think he's a better coach now then when he was here last... I don't fault him for taking those pay days... 

I'd keep BJM as DC... our D played hard and CWT recruiting ability can close the gap on the talent we need...

Edited by Skingraft