• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Factor....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

One or two good seasons from a coach and boom - Scott Frost/Willie Taggart. Gone. Would like some stability and someone who won't use us. That will care and want to build it. Only one guy.

You are living in a fantasy land, a utopia that will never exist while USF is G5. I know it sucks, but it is the landscape USF is in at the moment.  We need championship seasons, and if it takes a coach staying here only two or three years to deliver us conference championships, than so be it.  If it is working for ucf than it can work for us.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

3 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

And doing it with no facilities nonetheless 😂

Guys a hell of a coach

Facilities?  Who shouldn't be successful in trailers?  Saban would have done it!  When you have to figure out how to get the laundry done, you ought to win BCS titles, right?  So many fools.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It’s always fun to start a shitt storm and then just walk away...😂😂😂😂

whistle whistling GIF

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yes however you cannot go home again.  Ship has sailed, we will always be a stepping stone, just hope the next guy buys us out and not the reverse.

Exactly.  I am a Raiders fan, I was one of the few fans who did not want Jon Gruden back, and as I type this the Raiders are down 38-3 to the Chiefs after getting hammered 34-3 to the hapless Jets last week.  You can't go home again, retreads are not the answer!!

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

I don't know who USFRaider is, but you are solely off the reservation, my fellow Bull. Were you following Bulls football when Leavitt was coach? The man is a legend and has been successful everywhere he has gone. He learned some valuable lessons during our mid-season slides regarding overworking the players and temporizing the effect of emotional volatility on 18-to-21 year-olds. He hit a hump there around the 2007-2008 era and realized what it would take to overcome and just didn't get the chance to capitalize on those lessons. He has now spent time in the NFL at San Francisco and several high-level P5 programs out west and has no doubt learned an awful lot from that experience. Hands down, without a doubt, the man would become our Bear Bryant. 

If my jump out of medicine and into business meets with remote success, I would aim my major donations someday at naming our future stadium's field Jim Leavitt field. A pipe dream for decades from now, but a dream which remains intact and within (extended) reach. 

You are nearly the only (highly vocal) negative voice in the conversation. 

Hell yes! Man!! I think some are missing the facts about how much support USF will gain if CJL gets a second chance. Many people in life have has second chances after committing far more worse than what CJL. The man has more than paid his dues and I have not found any other incidents that involve Leavitt abusing players. Time for USF to make this right. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

I saw the "redacted" report, except the people who redacted the PDF file did not correctly redact it.   I was able to see names and who was involved.  There was clear interference to the level of witness tampering.  I probably have that PDF on a computer some where in my house.  Not even going to get into the details because Leavitt has his blind followers.

I have same PDF.  There were clear allegations, but no clear proof.  In fact the PDF says Leavitt talked to Miller after the allegations and asked if he was feeling alright.  The PDF's LIE about Leavitt saying he was the most powerful man in the building has been proven to be a lie.

You must not follow politics much.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

That's just not going to happen.  We are stuck in a stepping stone world.  Any of the new young hot shots many of you want hired, will be gone after 2 years if they have any success whatsoever.  We have to go with a Taggart, Leavitt or Kiffin who have already had their P5 chances or we're just going to be caught in the 2-3 year cycle of young successful guys moving on.  Even Larry Scott would be swooped up by a P5 if he has 2  7 or 8 win seasons.  It's just today's reality.

There is one exception to this reality. The point I tried to make, that's all.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  168
  • Days Won:  0

It's hard to believe that every football expert in the US considered the accomplishment that Leavitt did in such a short time at USF with no facilities, no money to hire descent assistant coaches, no money to keep the coaches he trained as miraculous, but the alumni that got upset because Leavitt would not bow and kiss their rings  don't like him.

When you consider that he had to recruit players that could not walk on at UCF his first couple of years and built a few of them into a strong enough unit to go from nothing to NCAA members, to a nothing conference, to CUSA, to Big East, in such a short period it's a wonder how he could win so many great games until half way through the season, when he lost 5 to 8 of his key 15 players,

The only thanks he gets from a few of the big shot alumni was "he can't finish" or "he can't get us to the next level".

It 100% uoir fault that USF football sucks the way it does.

I hope you are happy. UCF alumni love you and send their thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MSBulls said:

There is one exception to this reality. The point I tried to make, that's all.

Unfortunately for USF, the one exception to the reality is a mediocre head coach who has never won anything and has never even shown that he is capable of leading a team to the promised land.  Is that the kind of future you want for USF?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

I don't know who USFRaider is, but you are solely off the reservation, my fellow Bull. Were you following Bulls football when Leavitt was coach? The man is a legend and has been successful everywhere he has gone. He learned some valuable lessons during our mid-season slides regarding overworking the players and temporizing the effect of emotional volatility on 18-to-21 year-olds. He hit a hump there around the 2007-2008 era and realized what it would take to overcome and just didn't get the chance to capitalize on those lessons. He has now spent time in the NFL at San Francisco and several high-level P5 programs out west and has no doubt learned an awful lot from that experience. Hands down, without a doubt, the man would become our Bear Bryant. 

If my jump out of medicine and into business meets with remote success, I would aim my major donations someday at naming our future stadium's field Jim Leavitt field. A pipe dream for decades from now, but a dream which remains intact and within (extended) reach. 

You are nearly the only (highly vocal) negative voice in the conversation. 

Well said...all of it