• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Factor....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

The Mike Kelly connection and Judy being gone are real, this is not some far fetched fantasy that he could be back

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

The bottom line is this, if the boosters are calling for the rehire of Leavitt I believe MK will take a long look at making that happen. At the end of the day, USF needs more support and rehiring Leavitt may bring that.  

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

The Mike Kelly connection and Judy being gone are real, this is not some far fetched fantasy that he could be back

100%..... I know there's something there.. It's not just Mike Kelly either... There's several in Athletics and the University

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488

3 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

The bottom line is this, if the boosters are calling for the rehire of Leavitt I believe MK will take a long look at making that happen. At the end of the day, USF needs more support and rehiring Leavitt may bring that.  

I’m not connected to the program, so I have no insight in this area. I’d love to know how much support (or lack thereof) there really is among the donors that carry a lot of weight. How much support is there really for the idea?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

17 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

I don't know who USFRaider is, but you are solely off the reservation, my fellow Bull. Were you following Bulls football when Leavitt was coach? The man is a legend and has been successful everywhere he has gone. He learned some valuable lessons during our mid-season slides regarding overworking the players and temporizing the effect of emotional volatility on 18-to-21 year-olds. He hit a hump there around the 2007-2008 era and realized what it would take to overcome and just didn't get the chance to capitalize on those lessons. He has now spent time in the NFL at San Francisco and several high-level P5 programs out west and has no doubt learned an awful lot from that experience. Hands down, without a doubt, the man would become our Bear Bryant. 

If my jump out of medicine and into business meets with remote success, I would aim my major donations someday at naming our future stadium's field Jim Leavitt field. A pipe dream for decades from now, but a dream which remains intact and within (extended) reach. 

You are nearly the only (highly vocal) negative voice in the conversation. 

The points about Leavitt not winning championships are well-known to those who were USF fans back when Leavitt was our coach. We all obviously noted the nascent pattern of mid-season swoons and wondered when he would figure out how to prevent them and get us over the hump to conference championships. Not IF but WHEN. The man watched film relentlessly. He ate, slept, and lived Bulls football. He shunned overtures from much bigger programs and stuck with us. He absolutely WOULD have gotten the issue fixed. He is by far the best hope for a program destined to be anyone else's stepping stone and teetering on irrelevance. Anyone who drips such vitriol for the idea didn't know the man. His heart would have bled green if you cut him open. His return would begin a definite transition back to great football to watch, an upwards trajectory once more, and hope for national relevance again for our football program. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

1 minute ago, FazaUSF said:

The points about Leavitt not winning championships are well-known to those who were USF fans back when Leavitt was our coach. We all obviously noted the nascent pattern of mid-season swoons and wondered when he would figure out how to prevent them and get us over the hump to conference championships. Not IF but WHEN. The man watched film relentlessly. He ate, slept, and lived Bulls football. He shunned overtures from much bigger programs and stuck with us. He absolutely WOULD have gotten the issue fixed. He is by far the best hope for a program destined to be anyone else's stepping stone and teetering on irrelevance. Anyone who drips such vitriol for the idea didn't know the man. His heart would have bled green if you cut him open. His return would begin a definite transition back to great football to watch, an upwards trajectory once more, and hope for national relevance again for our football program. 

Amen brother!!! 

Sounds like a pretty good amount of support.. From all the non writer/media member folks with USF. There's a pretty good amount of support internally though I've taken from some folks.

4 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

Beautifully written