• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Factor....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

I have same PDF.  There were clear allegations, but no clear proof.  In fact the PDF says Leavitt talked to Miller after the allegations and asked if he was feeling alright.  The PDF's LIE about Leavitt saying he was the most powerful man in the building has been proven to be a lie.

You must not follow politics much.

Brad... You have hinted in the past that you have some more information on the circumstances surrounding CJLs dismissal and subsequent settlement. Would now be the appropriate time to make that information as public as possible? For alumni and donors on the fence about CJL, it could sway them to be vocal about bringing him back. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, keith S said:

It's hard to believe that every football expert in the US considered the accomplishment that Leavitt did in such a short time at USF with no facilities, no money to hire descent assistant coaches, no money to keep the coaches he trained as miraculous, but the alumni that got upset because Leavitt would not bow and kiss their rings  don't like him.

When you consider that he had to recruit players that could not walk on at UCF his first couple of years and built a few of them into a strong enough unit to go from nothing to NCAA members, to a nothing conference, to CUSA, to Big East, in such a short period it's a wonder how he could win so many great games until half way through the season, when he lost 5 to 8 of his key 15 players,

The only thanks he gets from a few of the big shot alumni was "he can't finish" or "he can't get us to the next level".

It 100% uoir fault that USF football sucks the way it does.

I hope you are happy. UCF alumni love you and send their thanks.

Pay attention you know-nothings.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, keith S said:

It's hard to believe that every football expert in the US considered the accomplishment that Leavitt did in such a short time at USF with no facilities, no money to hire descent assistant coaches, no money to keep the coaches he trained as miraculous, but the alumni that got upset because Leavitt would not bow and kiss their rings  don't like him.

When you consider that he had to recruit players that could not walk on at UCF his first couple of years and built a few of them into a strong enough unit to go from nothing to NCAA members, to a nothing conference, to CUSA, to Big East, in such a short period it's a wonder how he could win so many great games until half way through the season, when he lost 5 to 8 of his key 15 players,

The only thanks he gets from a few of the big shot alumni was "he can't finish" or "he can't get us to the next level".

It 100% uoir fault that USF football sucks the way it does.

I hope you are happy. UCF alumni love you and send their thanks.

But those big shot alumni are correct, he was unable to get us to the next level.  I have never seen so much hero worship for a coach that WON NOTHING while he was leading a team.  We don't need someone to get our program off the ground and off the cinder blocks, we need someone who can WIN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Jim Leavitt is the man, I would welcome him back with open arms and a few more season ticket seats and I make no apologies for that......the fire, the passion, the hatred of UCF, the recruiting......there is no doubt in my mind the man has learned his lessons and would bring us a championship and a full stadium, no doubt!

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Unfortunately for USF, the one exception to the reality is a mediocre head coach who has never won anything and has never even shown that he is capable of leading a team to the promised land.  Is that the kind of future you want for USF?

A future with packed house stadiums and buzz around the program? Absolutely. Keep us at 9-4/8-5 and bringing in fans and donors. When he retires, maybe your next big thing in coaching won't have such a steep hill to climb because the fans will be back and there will be some money in the bank. 

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

But those big shot alumni are correct, he was unable to get us to the next level.  I have never seen so much hero worship for a coach that WON NOTHING while he was leading a team.  We don't need someone to get our program off the ground and off the cinder blocks, we need someone who can WIN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

Sorry but we absolutely do need someone to get us off the ground because that is where we are

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

He got us to a level we DID NOT DESERVE to be at....in 10 years.  From nothing to relevant.  If you can't see that, go talk to Charlotte or UAB or the number of other upstart failures.  WE DID NOT FAIL until we fired Jim Leavitt.  We are ******* laughing stocks and irrelevant, NOW.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

You are wrong about winning nothing. He pretty much played a big role in getting USF into the Big East. See all those big wins by CJL that caught the attention of then Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese. He also beat FSU and went 4-0 over UCF.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Hmm, Bill Belicheck was HC at how many teams before the Paitriots? I know Cleveland misses him dearly.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488

12 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

bring in someone new and fresh.  Florida is a great place to coach, overflowing with speed and ace recruits. If ucf can bring in back to back young coordinators to bring them conference championships so can USF.  I have faith that Michael Kelly will bring in the man.  Retread Leavitt is just good for 8-5 seasons and trips to the Military bowl.

This entire idea that coaching in Florida brings easy talent is a fallacy that’s proven not to be the case. Yeah....Florida is a hot bed. You know that...I know that...so does every single school in the Country. It doesn’t make the Head Coach position at USF easy. We have sucked for a long time with several different coaches.

UF, FSU, Miami and all of the smaller programs in this state have up and down periods. 

This program, USF, needs a guy that knows the Bay Area inside and out. Period. Jim Leavitt was and is a master recruiter that BUILT THIS PROGRAM...literally from nothing.

To write him off as some mediocre coach is just ignorant.

• Like 1