• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Factor....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

One question - why has never been offered a HC job elsewhere?  If you say its only because we screwed him over then you are contradicting yourself.

That’s my stance and has been the entire time, I am sorry if I gave you reason to believe otherwise 

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Maybe he doesn't want to? Maybe he was holding out for K state job?

Its been long enough and as others have mentioned that other coaches have been hired that have done worse.

This could very well be true. 

Maybe he really doesnt want a HC position except for certain schools....we may be one of them unless he is still too bitter about how things went down.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

This could very well be true. 

Maybe he really doesnt want a HC position except for certain schools....we may be one of them unless he is still too bitter about how things went down.

BS...if he was offered he would take. All of these are ego and $ driven. He has never been offered since USF.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

BS...if he was offered he would take. All of these are ego and $ driven. He has never been offered since USF.

Man you sure know everything. It is amazing.

3 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Man you sure know everything. It is amazing.

You telling me Jimbo is above the almighty dollar? Attention? Redemption? If he was offered a BCS job he would have taken it. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is what baffles me and nobody seems to know the answer.  Why hasnt he gotten an offer.  Is it because he hasnt impressed people enough.  I dont buy that its strictly because of the way he was let go here.  Maybe early on but that was a long time ago now.

Why would we hire somebody as a HC if nobody else wants to.....cant we do better than that?

This is mostly rhetorical.  Im not directing the question to you.

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

This is what baffles me and nobody seems to know the answer.  Why hasnt he gotten an offer.  Is it because he hasnt impressed people enough.  I dont buy that its strictly because of the way he was let go here.  Maybe early on but that was a long time ago now.

Why would we hire somebody as a HC if nobody else wants to.....cant we do better than that?

Tough to say. I think one aspect is that universities, at least recently, want an offensive head coach. He is an intense man, maybe that scares administrators into thinking there could be a repeat event. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  167
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Has anybody charged for slapping a kid be hired?

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Tough to say. I think one aspect is that universities, at least recently, want an offensive head coach. He is an intense man, maybe that scares administrators into thinking there could be a repeat event. 

Was thinking that myself. Sure programs and NFL teams took a chance on him being an assistant but they may think he is too controlling to give the HC job? The reason he was able to build USF so fast was that he had a lot of control over the program so he built it his way. Not sure if Paul Griffin or LRS got in his way. The conflict happened when Woolard came into town.,

Just now, Bull Daly said:

Was thinking that myself. Sure programs and NFL teams took a chance on him being an assistant but they may think he is too controlling to give the HC job? The reason he was able to build USF so fast was that he had a lot of control over the program so he built it his way. Not sure if Paul Griffin or LRS got in his way. The conflict happened when Woolard came into town.,

Excellent points Daly