• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Factor....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Leavitt=No Conference Championships.   No Conference Championships= Same old song and dance.  There is a reason that Leavitt has not been hired as a head coach in the last ten years;  Its because he is not very good.

Not very good besides the fact he's been successful everywhere since us

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  0

If we get the practice facility up and running, Jim would lead us to championships.  We were outclassed by every team in our conference while Jim was here,

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

He built a program, made it nationally relevant and put guys in the NFL immediately.

I’ll admit, I was one of the people at the time that was starting to think that Leavitt took us as far as he could and maybe we needed someone else to get us to the next level....not unlike the Dungy/Gruden situation.

That said...hindsight is 20/20 and it was a mistake to get rid of him. Hands down.

He is a legend here and he’s accomplished a lot since he’s left. I believe he will be better than ever this time and he will assemble a top notch staff.

I don’t think there is another choice to make right now. If he will take the job it has to be his.

Great, he built the program and he will always be remembered for that.  But he is a mediocre head coach and is a coordinator at best.  He only SEEMS like this legendary Lombardi/Bear Bryant type figure because of the garbage of Holtz and Strong to compare it to.  If 8-5 seasons are your measuring stick of success, then great, he is the guy for you.  But if you want conference championships, and New Years Day Bowl games, then its time to bring in someone who can help fill our dust-collecting trophy case.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

Not very good besides the fact he's been successful everywhere since us

Its because he is a coordinator at best and not a head coach.  He has been successful as a coordinator.  Gee, I wonder why no one has ever hired him for a head coaching gig since he left?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

If we get the practice facility up and running, Jim would lead us to championships.  We were outclassed by every team in our conference while Jim was here,

Another great point - Jim had us compete and be successful at the highest level coaching out of a trailer 😂

Imagine a fancy new IPF

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

They didn't hire him back as head coach.  They brought him back as part of the program, however.  Not sure what his title was.  I was at a business lunch/ASU rally where he was the main event.  He had been back for a while, but received the love of all.   They appreciated what he did for the program.  

Which leads me to....

I said that I do not advocate for Leavitt to redeem his position as HC.  I'd like it, but don't advocate it.  I just want this institution from which I earned my degree among the beliefs of Truth and Wisdom (see the University seal) to exhibit the same. They have not.

Frank Kush allegedly struck a player.  He was found not to have done that via lawsuit.

We fabricated it and fired our founder.  We can and should do better.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

17 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Leavitt=No Conference Championships.   No Conference Championships= Same old song and dance.  There is a reason that Leavitt has not been hired as a head coach in the last ten years;  Its because he is not very good.

He's good at getting a settlement after assaulting a student and interfering with the investigation.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Great, he built the program and he will always be remembered for that.  But he is a mediocre head coach and is a coordinator at best.  He only SEEMS like this legendary Lombardi/Bear Bryant type figure because of the garbage of Holtz and Strong to compare it to.  If 8-5 seasons are your measuring stick of success, then great, he is the guy for you.  But if you want conference championships, and New Years Day Bowl games, then its time to bring in someone who can help fill our dust-collecting trophy case.

He's had one hell of a career despite being "mediocre" and mistreated by the program he built - that once stood as the fastest ever to reach it's position in college football.  Funny.

• Upvote 1

Agree to disagree - That's fine. The guy kept winning in higher leagues with less talent, time, and facilities. No problem disagreeing. Just crazy to say he wasn't successful with us and hasn't since. 

@USFRaider sorry lost the quote

Edited by MSBulls

5 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

Wishful thinking on your part.  Leavitt has proven in no way, shape, or form that he has the head coaching chops to lead USF to a conference championship.

• Upvote 1