• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Factor....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'd bring him back just to close the divide, reverse the bad decisioning and free Woolie and Gennie of any conscience issues (that's a joke, they don't care).  Anyone paying any attention knows it was a railroad job.  Miller and family were known liars.  McMurphy was a fired and vengeful reporter for AOL Funhouse.  Woolie felt even more emasculated around Leavitt.  The "most powerful man in the building" line was a creation - never spoken by Leavitt.  They wanted him gone, some donors wanted him gone.  It killed the fan base more than go 9-3, 8-4 in the Big East and more than the lowly AAC.  Need to reverse the nonsense, don't act blind to it.  Fix the problem one way or another.  

This is the first time I’m starting to feel some real momentum and legitimacy to the possibility of him coming back.

I would love to see the decision makers and influencers (donors) get together and truly discuss this as a legitimate scenario.

The other question is...does anyone know Leavitt and would he consider it?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

This is the first time I’m starting to feel some real momentum and legitimacy to the possibility of him coming back.

I would love to see the decision makers and influencers (donors) get together and truly discuss this as a legitimate scenario.

The other question is...does anyone know Leavitt and would he consider it?

I think he would be back in a heartbeat. Maybe even cheaply too. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

We may not get a conference championship in the first couple years, but I guarantee you we would not lose to central with Jim as coach.  It would not be allowed to happen.  Let’s do this!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I think he would be back in a heartbeat. Maybe even cheaply too. 

I hope you’re right. The more I allow myself to think this could happen, the more I like it.

Look at the places he’s been since he’s left here. He’s gotten a lot of great experience. He’s made a ton of connections and he knows the Bay Area as well or better than anyone.

MAKE IT HAPPEN USF!!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

Think CJL is trolling us lol

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

His mentor, Snyder at K State returned, could be a conversation for Leavitt if approached. With Sciano returning to RU after the stain on his record, it could be a possibility. 

But... I think it's highly unlikely. You can't give me a name I would be more excited about tho. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

Donations would soar.  This would be brilliant!!

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This was when he was terminated, not necessarily what would happen now. That was a different administration and a different time. I don't have a copy of the agreement but I cannot imagine it said that "USF is required to reject and disregard". I don't read this language as anything that is different for any other person applying for any other job. I would personally love to see CJL back. I do believe he was a 8-9 win a year coach and I think he will remain that, unfortunately. We will beat Texas but lose to Tulsa. But the fire for the team...the excitement...the fan engagement...I really can't say enough about him. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538

My donation level would rise with his return. Shame what happened. This is his football program, and he'd make it right. The *** whoopings we've been taking... He wouldn't be sitting so kindly on the sidelines. The guy is a coach. Who cares. Who's been successful everywhere since us. And can freaking recruit. Michael Kelly, call the guy. UCF will be terrified if he returns

Edited by MSBulls
  • Like 2

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251

One thing for sure with leavitt would be the team would come out with swag and bring electricity to the sidelines