• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Factor....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,247
  • Days Won:  25

I would love of  we brought CJL and Briled as he and grooming to be hc.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I would absolutely love a return by our legendary architect CJL. Taggart as OC would be entertaining but otherwise no to him as HC. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

I would absolutely love a return by our legendary architect CJL. Taggart as OC would be entertaining but otherwise no to him as HC. 

Couldn't agree more on both parts... Great tailgating near y'all this past week. (Hope we weren't too annoying it was a long day from 6:45a for us 😂) I know we chatted about Leavitt a bit then... Hope this happens!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

I have seen the Jim Leavitt show and once is enough.  It doesn't end in conference championships. SAY NO TO LEAVITT!!!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,741
  • Days Won:  3

Do we have any documented evidence where a college coach was fired, with prejudice, and returned to coach at the same school again? I can't think of any retreads, other than Billy Martin (MLB) and Art Shell (NFL) in the pros.  The reason I ask is, Leavitt was not cut loose because of a losing record - the most common reason for firing. So it's not like this would be a "do over". Too much attached to the decision. Had it just been for losing seasons, maybe, but after the public spectacle, I don't think even a new administration is willing to go this route.  

Edited by WoolyBully
verbiage

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Orlando Bull said:

His mentor, Snyder at K State returned, could be a conversation for Leavitt if approached. With Sciano returning to RU after the stain on his record, it could be a possibility. 

But... I think it's highly unlikely. You can't give me a name I would be more excited about tho. 

Frank Kush returned to ASU after they fired him following a proven misdeed.  You can go back home again.  Make it whole.  Of course, that is only if Jim Leavitt is willing to.  USF has sought to protect itself by maligning him.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I have seen the Jim Leavitt show and once is enough.  It doesn't end in conference championships. SAY NO TO LEAVITT!!!!

You're right, he only brought a program to national relevance and huge performances (I know, disappointing ones too) in 10 years. And made our rival look like a cupcake despite having 20 years on us. Along with his great recruiting, passion, and love for the school and program. Expecting and getting winning seasons every year is overrated as well.

Why would we bring him back instead of someone who will leave us in 2 or 3 years if we do well?

Edited by MSBulls
Grammatical mistake
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, WoolyBully said:

Do we have any documented evidence where a college coach was fired, with prejudice, and returned to coach again?

If you believe this guy .....

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Frank Kush returned to ASU after they fired him following a proven misdeed.

.... you may want to Wiki just to cinfirm.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, MSBulls said:

You're right, he only brought a program to national relevance and huge performances (I know, disappointing ones too) in 10 years. And made our rival look like a cupcake despite have 20 years on us. Along with his great recruiting, passion, and love for the school and program. Expecting and getting winning seasons every year is overrated as well.

Why would we bring him back instead of someone who will leave us in 2 or 3 years if we do well?

If you like 8-5 seasons and no conference championships, then by all means, bring back Leavitt.  The goal this time around should be to aim higher.  I would rather have 10 and 11 win seasons and conference championships for a two-to-three season coach then a retread that will keep us in perpetual mediocrity.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

If you like 8-5 seasons and no conference championships, then by all means, bring back Leavitt.  The goal this time around should be to aim higher.  I would rather have 10 and 11 win seasons and conference championships for a two-to-three season coach then a retread that will keep us in perpetual mediocrity.

8-5 in the Beast roughly translates to 20 win aac seasons. CJL had to punch up his entire career and still did better than every coach that came in and had the benefit of punching down.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1