• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Possible CCS Replacements

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, DELdaBull said:

We are about to be 4 and 15 over our last 19. 

We need someone who will come in and work their ass off and get us back to 9, 10, and 11 win seasons.  If he is so awesome that a team wants to hire him away so be it. 

I like victories and our coach being hired away over losing and being FIRED away. 

agreed. bring in someone who is ambitious and wants that better job. not someone that is content with being here and we have to fire to get rid of.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

29 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Just get someone who can recruit, they don't even have to be a good coach.

As proven by Taggart, all you need to succeed in the AAC is to out recruit your opponents.

Strong WAS supposed to be a good recruiter but his signed classes and talent on the field show otherwise.

JUST GET SOMEONE KIDS THINK IS COOL.

And please, no rethreads. 

How about Tilly Waggart?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Glad I came back to the 'pen to find a discussion of something new that hasn't been discussed before.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Glad I came back to the 'pen to find a discussion of something new that hasn't been discussed before.

dating app GIF

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Jeff Scott

TJ Weist

Billy Napier

Brent Dearmon 

TJ still selling insurance in North Dakota? 

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Just get someone who can recruit, they don't even have to be a good coach.

As proven by Taggart, all you need to succeed in the AAC is to out recruit your opponents.

Strong WAS supposed to be a good recruiter but his signed classes and talent on the field show otherwise.

JUST GET SOMEONE KIDS THINK IS COOL.

And please, no rethreads. 

I agree, imo this is exactly the reason we were so successful his final season (not really because of his coaching abilities).  We had NFL talent on that roster.

I"m greedy though, I want a great recruiter and a great coach - but then we probably won't be able to keep him very long.  But thats OK if he wins us a couple of championships.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

TJ still selling insurance in North Dakota? 

Close. He was actually hired by the Baltimore Ravens to assist in the overhaul of their new look offense that has been setting the NFL on fire. 

He was an offensive analyst last year to help develop the new look playbook with Roman, and was hired as “Special Teams” coach this year to retain him on the staff. Anyone that knows anything about Baltimore knows that Weist isn’t coming up with ST schemes. Harbaugh has a ST background, and is very hands on with this unit. Weist is essentially an additional offensive coach on staff. 

When you consider the Taggart/Harbaugh relationship, it makes a lot of sense why he ended up there. Anyone who wants the dual threat, speed in space offense should be rooting for Weist. I’d love to have him on the recruiting trail, allowing him to tell kids “look what we did with Lamar”. Hire him and let’s find the next QF

Edited by IBulleve
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, IBulleve said:

Close. He was actually hired by the Baltimore Ravens to help overhaul their new look offense that has been setting the NFL on fire. 

He was an offensive analyst last year to help develop the new look playbook with Roman, and was hired as “Special Teams” coach this year to retain him on the staff. Anyone that knows anything about Baltimore knows that Weist isn’t coaching ST’s. Harbaugh has a ST background, allowing Weist to essentially be an additional offensive coach on staff. 

When you consider the Taggart/Harbaugh relationship, it makes a lot of sense why he ended up there. Anyone who wants the dual threat, speed in space offense should be rooting for Weist 

No...I knew that I posted the same thing last year when we were all riding strong. Just busting chops. He has been an interim coach at both Uconn and USF. I have no problem giving him a look.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

No...I knew that I posted the same thing last year when we were all riding strong. Just busting chops. He has been an interim coach at both Uconn and USF. I have no problem giving him a look.  

10-4. IF CCS is gone, TJ deserves an interview at the least. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

TJs stint at UConn was not so hot. That’s a pass for me.