• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott Frost is 8-14 and got an extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

People are seriously talking about the defense as being one of the best in the country because of a 47 rank. The top 2 offenses we have played are SMU (#6) and Navy (#34). Those games didn’t exactly go well defensively. Let’s see how we hold up against Memphis and UCF who are 2 of the top offenses in the country and go from there. My guess is it won’t be as pretty as Temple or Cincinnati. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

People are seriously talking about the defense as being one of the best in the country because of a 47 rank. The top 2 offenses we have played are SMU (#6) and Navy (#34). Those games didn’t exactly go well defensively. Let’s see how we hold up against Memphis and UCF who are 2 of the top offenses in the country and go from there. My guess is it won’t be as pretty as Temple or Cincinnati. 

I was the one that mentioned that, and go back and read my most recent comments. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Ah yes, perfect. Thank you for pointing this out. So then it should go without saying that we can’t just throw away coaches at the disposal of some of these big schools, and that means we actually might have to give coaches more than 2 or 3 years every time we don’t see the results we want. 

Keep calm and play to your poverty!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

On 11/18/2019 at 3:58 PM, Triple B said:

Saying that team "under performed" is a ridiculously simplistic slap at that team. They would have had the same 11-2 record if all games were played and just fell short of building off that momentum, in one of the best games a USF football team has played .... The knocks people try to throw at that 2017 team are a ******* joke at  times.

That team had a schedule set up for them to run it all. I've never felt like we could have a perfect season until that season we lost to Houston and UCF. So yes, I'll say it. We under performed. We lost to a backup QB in Houston and then fumbled away our chances at a BCS bowl by losing to UCF. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

33 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

That team had a schedule set up for them to run it all. I've never felt like we could have a perfect season until that season we lost to Houston and UCF. So yes, I'll say it. We under performed. We lost to a backup QB in Houston and then fumbled away our chances at a BCS bowl by losing to UCF. 

Exactly. It has been all downhill since then.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/18/2019 at 2:31 PM, Ghostbuster said:

When. They. Were. Favored.

This isn't hard it's literally English. 

They underperformed expectations because the expectations were hardware. 

I'm not taking about any other year because I can't remember a year we were favored to win our conference.  But if you are desperate to draw something else from what I said, I will go ahead and go one step further and say that any year (including 2017) that we failed to meet expectations, is a year we underperformed.  

I'm assuming you mean we were favored in somebody's preseason prediction? Remember, UCF was 6-6 the prior year, and I don't think anyone expected them to be as good as they were in 2017. I'm almost certain we were underdogs going into Black Friday that year. We just lost to a very good team in a very close game. Still a very good year.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

I don't think the defense is great. They have improved, but got torched by the three good offenses we played (WI,SMU,Navy).  The offense isnt doing them any favors, but we are no where near some of the defenses of the better days in the past.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

Scott Frost took over a program that was a dumpster fire, with a roster that was far from being able to compete in conference. 

CCS took over a program that was on the rise, and had all of the pieces necessary to win a conference championship. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

On 11/18/2019 at 2:12 PM, brybull1970 said:

Should we put more stock into what we have seen - 4 wins, 13 losses over his last 17 games - or what you hope happens? If all it took was giving Strong more time (beyond the 3 he already has had) as a guarentee of success then no coach would ever get fired.

By that logic, USF's greatest MBB Head Coach (Bobby Paschal) would have been fired after his 3rd season.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, IBulleve said:

Scott Frost took over a program that was a dumpster fire, with a roster that was far from being able to compete in conference. 

CCS took over a program that was on the rise, and had all of the pieces necessary to win a conference championship. 

Nebraska recruiting ranking for 2016 - #26, 2017 - #23, 2018 - #23, 2019 - #18 and they have had a top 25 recruiting class since 2016. I refuse to believe Nebraska was that bad when Frost took over. Frost had one undefeated season.......and every other season as a head he has won 6 or less games. His total coaching record is 27-21. Frost is overrated