• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott Frost is 8-14 and got an extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Nebraska recruiting ranking for 2016 - #26, 2017 - #23, 2018 - #23, 2019 - #18 and they have had a top 25 recruiting class since 2016. I refuse to believe Nebraska was that bad when Frost took over. Frost had one undefeated season.......and every other season as a head he has won 6 or less games. His total coaching record is 27-21. Frost is overrated

Here’s where those rankings rank in conference - 

2016 - 5th 

2017 - 5th 

2018 - 4th

2019 - 4th 

Has his tenure been disappointing? Sure. I’m not debating if he’s overrated or not. Comparing his record to CCS isn’t apples to apples. Frost took over a team that wasn’t winning games. CCS took over a team that was talented enough to win the conference, and now a 3 point loss at home to Cincy is a victory to some. At least Frost has shown a (slight) uptick in recruiting. You can’t even say that about CCS 

Note - since 2014, CCS HC record is 37-35. That includes a 10-2 season with a QB that he wanted to make a DB. 

Edited by IBulleve

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We all agree his stop at Texas didn't work out too well. He has success and Louisville, failure at Texas and USF he has 2 WINNING seasons out of 3 seasons. Third season is not over yet. so there is still a chance to end this season with a winning record. In the end, he will be here next year and USF shall get better. I'm done here. You can have the last word. 

Honest question, if we are determining success and failure at his last 2 stops, what would you consider his time at USF as of today? 

A) Success 

B) Failure

Please show your work. 

Edited by IBulleve

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Not much detached objectivity here!

If I wanted detached objectivity I'd go to an AAC board .... :shade:

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We all agree his stop at Texas didn't work out too well. He has success and Louisville, failure at Texas and USF he has 2 WINNING seasons out of 3 seasons. Third season is not over yet. so there is still a chance to end this season with a winning record. In the end, he will be here next year and USF shall get better. I'm done here. You can have the last word. 

And please explain to me how you know this as fact?  I must have missed the announcement.

Or is this just ANOTHER prime example of opinion being stated as fact - like so many people like to do on this board!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

8 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

And please explain to me how you know this as fact?  I must have missed the announcement.

Or is this just ANOTHER prime example of opinion being stated as fact - like so many people like to do on this board!

The vast majority of posts on here are opinions that are presented as facts, it's the nature of message boards. Most posts need to be read with an implied "IMO" at the end of each ....

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The vast majority of posts on here are opinions that are presented as facts, it's the nature of message boards. Most posts need to be read with an implied "IMO" at the end of each ....

Yeah I guess I just have to get use to that.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

How can something that hasn't happened yet be a fact? Its quite obvious I gave an opinion 🤷 lol But if i must explain...defense got better, I like both of our QB recruits and the team will simply have more experience and another summer of conditioning. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

How can something that hasn't happened yet be a fact? Its quite obvious I gave an opinion 🤷 lol But if i must explain...defense got better, I like both of our QB recruits and the team will simply have more experience and another summer of conditioning. 

It was more the way you stated that CCS is coming back next year emphatically, with no knowledge of whether that is actually going to happen or not.  The truth is nobody really knows what is going to happen in the off season.  TripleB set me straight, this is a message board and I need to stop being so sensitive about what is stated as opinion....I get it.

Look, I appreciate your enthusiasm, and if CCS does come back next year and is successful, then I will be so happy to be wrong and eat my crow....I'm just not feeling the turnaround that you are, based on what I've seen these last 3 years.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

21 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

And didn't Kansa just beat Texas again with a different coach? CCS had success at Louisville, he fails at Texas and came to USF and is the ONLY coach here that has won more than 10 games in one season. I cant count taggart b/c he left b4 the season was over. . Frost only has 1 season in which he has won over 6 games. In the end, CCS still has (2) seasons at USF that ended with a WINNING record. His 3rd season may be his first. Frost so far has two losing seasons at Nebraska. I'm not saying Frost is a bad coach, but geez, get off his sac maaaan. Let him earn his praise. I am also not acknowledging that CCS needs to do better while he is here, but I feel he deserves another year. 

Taggart won 10 in 2016. He left before the bowl game, which was the 11th win. Charlie won 10 in 2017. We went 10-2 that year including the bowl game. There was a game cancelled that year, and never rescheduled