• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott Frost is 8-14 and got an extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

11 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'm assuming you mean we were favored in somebody's preseason prediction? 

Exactly.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2017/7/18/15988456/usf-picked-first-in-2017-preseason-football-poll-aac-media-days

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

44 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I'd imagine confirmation bias would tell you that. Is the Bobby Paschal example the norm or the exception? I'd suspect the later, but interested in the long list of other coaches you could provide if indeed Bobby Paschal is the norm. Otherwise I'm not hanging my hat on what CCS can or can't do based on what one USF coach did 30 years ago in another sport.

John this last part isn't directed at you, but the drivel I hear coming from some on this board about retaining Strong sounds like the excuses of a woman in an abusive relationship who claims her man isn't that bad or can change, but deep down inside knows she'd leave him if she had the resources to do so. By delusion or osmosis some have talked themselves into believing things will get better with Strong because they don't know what else to do.

I'm just using Coach Paschal as an example. His first 3 seasons were pretty much abysmal record wise and he wouldn't have made it to year 4 in this day and age. Being patient was rewarded.

I appreciate your passion and certainly understand where you are coming from. This board is great for seeing how many different opinions there are for the same subject.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Hey may be overrated but whose success would you rather have?  USF or UCF's?

I feel we will eventually have their success so I'm not going to ride UCF's nut sac with envy all over me. We have had (2) 10 win seasons in a row, just like them. We may not have a title to show for it, but we will get ours. Their run is over and I refuse to praise a man for one undefeated season and multiple 6 or less win seasons. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

4 hours ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I don't think the defense is great. They have improved, but got torched by the three good offenses we played (WI,SMU,Navy).  The offense isnt doing them any favors, but we are no where near some of the defenses of the better days in the past.

The nice thing about this defense is that there is some good young talent out there.

I don't think they played poorly in the losses to Wisconsin and Navy. We had our chances early in both of those games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Frost took a dumpster fire UCF to an undefeated national championship. Comparing Charlie to Frost is ludicrous, but I guess Frost's current record fits the agenda of CCS supporters. Charlie took our team in the opposite direction Frost took UCF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Frost took a dumpster fire UCF to an undefeated national championship. Comparing Charlie to Frost is ludicrous, but I guess Frost's current record fits the agenda of CCS supporters. Charlie took our team in the opposite direction Frost took UCF.

I guess you think that all players recruited by taggart had star potential? The D numbers when taggart left was a preview of what was to come...QF just outscored teams. So Strong did the same thing and now he brought in some legit defenders and now will raid the portal to get some offense. Don't take your mind off CO and BK...they were what was left by Taggart. Complete garbage there, along the line and defense. Just let that sink in. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

11 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

I guess you think that all players recruited by taggart had star potential? The D numbers when taggart left was a preview of what was to come...QF just outscored teams. So Strong did the same thing and now he brought in some legit defenders and now will raid the portal to get some offense. Don't take your mind off CO and BK...they were what was left by Taggart. Complete garbage there, along the line and defense. Just let that sink in. 

https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/346733/why_portal_best_game_all_time/

Portal is a classic, but it's a bandage a weak coach is using to prop up his lack of recruiting and developing players.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

33 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Which success of theirs are you referring to, killing a player, erecting a statue to the coach that did it and then compensating the family as little as they possibly could or alienating the college football world with the "national championship" buffoonery?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

42 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

CCS took Louisville to a BCS victory and has an AAC title. UCF sucked b/c half their team was injured. They all healed up whwn Frost took over. In the end Frost only has one good year out of 5 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

CCS took Louisville to a BCS victory and has an AAC title. UCF sucked b/c half their team was injured. They all healed up whwn Frost took over. In the end Frost only has one good year out of 5 

CCS never had a winning record at Texas and lost to Kansas, who went 2-10, for the first time since 1938 in his 3rd year there.

He is about to go 4-8 here in his 3rd year after being handed a program that went 11-2 the year before he got here.