• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott Frost is 8-14 and got an extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

You literally said “not getting hardware is underperforming.”

but let me rephrase that because I misspoke. Unsuccessful was the wrong choice of word, I should have said underperformed. 

When. They. Were. Favored.

This isn't hard it's literally English. 

They underperformed expectations because the expectations were hardware. 

I'm not taking about any other year because I can't remember a year we were favored to win our conference.  But if you are desperate to draw something else from what I said, I will go ahead and go one step further and say that any year (including 2017) that we failed to meet expectations, is a year we underperformed.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

When. They. Were. Favored.

This isn't hard it's literally English. 

They underperformed expectations because the expectations were hardware. 

I'm not taking about any other year because I can't remember a year we were favored to win our conference.  But if you are desperate to draw something else from what I said, I will go ahead and go one step further and say that any year (including 2017) that we failed to meet expectations, is a year we underperformed.  

Calm down. I literally read one comment and had no idea what I was talking about, I just spewed something out. Kind of like I just did with BryBull and defense. I think by eye test we have one of top defenses at least in our conference, but certainly not statistic wise in the nation. 

You could have been talking about a completely different sport and I would have said the same exact thing because I didn’t read past the conversation other than what I commented on. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Getting back to the original post, Frost is a legend in Nebraska and turned one of the worst FBS into a G5 juggernaut quickly. I think the extension is partly their faith in Frost to do the same or similar in Nebraska as it is their desire to really want for him - the prodigal son - to be the savior.

Comparing Frost's situation to Strong's isn't wrong it's just not the best comparison to prove your point.

I agree.  If he was available I would take Frost in a heartbeat. 

If I was a gambler, which I"m not, then my money is that he will get that program turned around.

I hate to bring up a sore subject, but look what he did for UCF...…..going winless and then 2 years later undefeated....that's not luck, that is a great coach.  That's why I was happy when he left.  Heupel is OK, but he is no Frost.

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Unfortunately I do the same with my wife. That's why I have gotten so good at calling others out for it.

😂 that’s gold. I don’t really take these things that serious, but sometimes I’ll stick by something and just keep going lol. You 100% backed up what you were saying with facts. But I do think a lot more plays into this than Strong not being a great coach. I think that’s a knee jerk reaction that I’ve been guilty of as well but I mean what I say when I mention consistency. I’m curious to see what this program will look like next year. 

2 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I agree.  If he was available I would take Frost in a heartbeat. 

If I was a gambler, which I"m not, then my money is that he will get that program turned around.

I hate to bring up a sore subject, but look what he did for UCF...…..going winless and then 2 years later undefeated....that's not luck, that is a great coach.  That's why I was happy when he left.  Heupel is OK, but he is no Frost.

Frost recruited extremely well, and Heupel kind of just seems to be riding off of that momentum. Where Heupel was smart is that it seems as if he did very little to change the system they had going. I could be wrong with that but their offense seemed similar during the transition and their defense stayed pretty solid. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
13 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Frost recruited extremely well, and Heupel kind of just seems to be riding off of that momentum. Where Heupel was smart is that it seems as if he did very little to change the system they had going. I could be wrong with that but their offense seemed similar during the transition and their defense stayed pretty solid. 

Yep, I agree with you.....it will be interesting now that he will no longer riding Frost's players, how they will do going forward.

BTW, did you grow up in Ocala?  I went to Lake Weir High School.

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Yep, I agree with you.....it will be interesting now that he will no longer riding Frost's players, how they will do going forward.

BTW, did you grow up in Ocala?  I went to Lake Weir High School.

I did indeed. I lived there up until this past year I still work there.  I went to Belleview high for two years and then West Port for the remainder. There are a few of us lurking on here 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I did indeed. I lived there up until this past year I still work there.  I went to Belleview high for two years and then West Port for the remainder. There are a few of us lurking on here 

Don't want to get off topic, cause nobody else on here cares about our connection.  So will just leave at this.

I lived in Belleview for a while, and grew up on Little Lake Weir.....I'm definitely older than you, because there was no Belleview HIgh or West Port back then...….It was all about the Big 4 of Marion County - Forest, Vanguard, Lake Weir, and North Marion.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, usf97 said:

Here's what will probably happen.

CCS is going to be here next season. He will probably win 3-5 games and then the staff will be fired at years end.

They will pay some portion of the remaining $2.7 million left on his contract for 2021. We hire some young coach and pay him like $1.5 million and he will have 3 years to turn it around. 

Maybe somewhere in there will break ground on an IPF. 

Prophetic!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, OcalaBull2 said:

So by that logic USF has never had a successful coach. 

They certainly have not had a great coach.  The first great coach will be the one that finally wins the conference title.