• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OK, Michael Kelly . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

33 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Can we just turn the athletic department over to Jose and BG? They seem to be the only ones who know how to get things done.

Jose has shown some pretty deep dedication and the women’s team was always in shambles, hell we were on HBO real sports for having a racism controversy and the school was getting sued in the past and now we are winners. And BG is winning at what was once dubbed the hardest job in America by Dicky V and a place kids don’t grow up wanting to play at by our coach Seth G. I say go for it.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

48 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Jose has shown some pretty deep dedication and the women’s team was always in shambles, hell we were on HBO real sports for having a racism controversy and the school was getting sued in the past and now we are winners. And BG is winning at what was once dubbed the hardest job in America by Dicky V and a place kids don’t grow up wanting to play at by our coach Seth G. I say go for it.

The athletic department went in the craper when Selmon passed and Griffin was fired as AD. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

19 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

It's a tough spot cause Strong was not hired by Kelly...and we need to upgrade facilities also.

We need young and energetic so that should save us some money In coaching dept.

We paying big time money for Strong and his vetersn expertise. 

To bad program doesnt have a billionaire alum that loves football. 

I hope that wasn't a shot at the Mumas.  With all they've given to USF and the wings of hospitals, etc, etc.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

20 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

To bad program doesnt have a billionaire alum that loves football. 

36 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I hope that wasn't a shot at the Mumas.  With all they've given to USF and the wings of hospitals, etc, etc.

Didn't consider that a shot at the Mumas at all ..... more a wishful thinking that we had a football version of them.

19 hours ago, JTrue said:

Right now, I'd settle for competent. Honestly, when was the last time you watched a USF football game and were sure we'd win?

McNeese State ........ That cured me from ever doing THAT again.

• Upvote 1

On 11/8/2019 at 8:51 AM, puc86 said:

M Kelly is a nice guy and he was a reactionary pick based on what was seen as weaknesses in his predecessor. MK was thought to be a great politician able in glad handing and money raising and that all seem to have been true. I do not know what we have seen from him thus far or in his previous experience that would make us think he is tough or capable of fixing an athletic program. He seems to be the human manifestation of a Ken Blanchard book and he surround himself with memes like keep calm and play to your strengths. We need a guy that ***** and this guy does not seem to be that guy but maybe i am wrong.  

D2RJvofO_400x400.jpg

do-betta-fish-have-teeth-750x400.jpg

What's kind of ironic in your stance is that MK was probably the most CJL-like version of an AD we could have hired at this point. Previous stint here, appears to really love the university, really wanted to be here and if successful probably not looking that quick to jump somewhere else .......

It's only been a year and a half and no really tough decisions had to have been made ..........yet. Not much to really make an informed decision on him at this time.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What's kind of ironic in your stance is that MK was probably the most CJL-like version of an AD we could have hired at this point. Previous stint here, appears to really love the university, really wanted to be here and if successful probably not looking that quick to jump somewhere else .......

It's only been a year and a half and no really tough decisions had to have been made ..........yet. Not much to really make an informed decision on him at this time.

He just seems a bit too corporate and polished for me and i error more towards direct experience than most people on here. If you won’t head butt someone wearing a helmet and people aren’t fearful that you could punch or slap them then you probably aren’t my pick.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

No, wishing we had a Phil Knight anybody that can help the program get rid of Strong and get a solid coach and facilities. 

Right now we might be stuck another year with Strong.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

corporate and polished

Sounds like an asset for his role.

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He just seems a bit too corporate and polished for me and i error more towards direct experience than most people on here. If you won’t head butt someone wearing a helmet and people aren’t fearful that you could punch or slap them then you probably aren’t my pick.

I appreciate your stance. Maybe Vince McMahon has some time to spare to take on the job ...