• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OK, Michael Kelly . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

21 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Sounds like an asset for his role.

In many ways but it still would be nice if CCS was worried about him slapping the taste out of his mouth 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Kelly has done a good job scheduling. I am guessing he has done a decent job fund raising so far. That was supposed to be his strength.  The overall Athletic Department success under his watch has been average at best. Jury is still out on him, but it is still early in his tenure. With UCONN leaving next year girls BB has a great chance for a conference championship. 

If  I recall correctly from the Holtz termination, there is a lot more input from the President and Board of trustess than just the AD sitting in his office and determining it is time to make a change. 

The people involved in a decision are pretty capable people. I imagine they have to be embarrased by several of the performances this year.

I think things behind the scenes will be quite interesting the next month. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Kelly has done a good job scheduling. I am guessing he has done a decent job fund raising so far. That was supposed to be his strength.  The overall Athletic Department success under his watch has been average at best. Jury is still out on him, but it is still early in his tenure. With UCONN leaving next year girls BB has a great chance for a conference championship. 

If  I recall correctly from the Holtz termination, there is a lot more input from the President and Board of trustess than just the AD sitting in his office and determining it is time to make a change. 

The people involved in a decision are pretty capable people. I imagine they have to be embarrased by several of the performances this year.

I think things behind the scenes will be quite interesting the next month. 

With as much $$ as is involved, I would imagine the Board has to have say.  Even with VP status, I doubt MK has singular authority to bind USF to $10 million for nothing.

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 hours ago, puc86 said:

I don’t remember claiming that he did hire CCS only that he doesn’t seem to be particularly seasoned at the position he was hired for and that he comes off a bit too nice for my preference. Was he previously an ad and I missed that on his resume?

Well i suppose we are all about to find out if Kelly is the real deal.  This is really his first big test.  What he does in the off season will tell us alot.  If CCS is canned, for the programs sake, he needs to hit a home run with this next hire.

I think even you would agree with me on that....or maybe not, I never know what you are going to say.

6 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Well i suppose we are all about to find out if Kelly is the real deal.  This is really his first big test.  What he does in the off season will tell us alot.  If CCS is canned, for the programs sake, he needs to hit a home run with this next hire.

I think even you would agree with me on that....or maybe not, I never know what you are going to say.

Completely agree, fair or unfair ads careers live and die by football programs and since our program is a dumpster fire saying stupid things like stay calm and play to your strengths isn’t a way to endear yourself to fans that can’t quite see what strengths you hope to play to.

Guest Jonesy Bull
16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Completely agree, fair or unfair ads careers live and die by football programs and since our program is a dumpster fire saying stupid things like stay calm and play to your strengths isn’t a way to endear yourself to fans that can’t quite see what strengths you hope to play to.

Agree!  

I was hoping that CCS and staff turned the corner winning 3 out of 4.  But that Temple game was pretty much a must win and they failed.  Time to move on.....I think Kelly has a plan on next steps.  He has had alot of time to weigh his options if this season turned into a dumpster fire.  Last year his hands were tied.

Im not saying Kelly is the best thing since sliced bread but he is certainly better than what we have had since the late great LRS imo.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

He just seems a bit too corporate and polished for me and i error more towards direct experience than most people on here. If you won’t head butt someone wearing a helmet and people aren’t fearful that you could punch or slap them then you probably aren’t my pick.

Pucs “non polished” AD

6DA96C06-5C90-4E01-995D-4D3BC850E97B.jpeg

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Pucs “non polished” AD

6DA96C06-5C90-4E01-995D-4D3BC850E97B.jpeg

Dad??

just kidding btw my dad is dead 

7 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Agree!  

I was hoping that CCS and staff turned the corner winning 3 out of 4.  But that Temple game was pretty much a must win and they failed.  Time to move on.....I think Kelly has a plan on next steps.  He has had alot of time to weigh his options if this season turned into a dumpster fire.  Last year his hands were tied.

Im not saying Kelly is the best thing since sliced bread but he is certainly better than what we have had since the late great LRS imo.

Fair enough I just want to be convinced we can turn it around and maybe that’s just unreasonable expectations given our current lot in life, it’s just sad because I feel there was a time when it felt like the sky was the limit.