• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OK, Michael Kelly . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, JTrue said:

So both of you are sure that a) Kelly can't fire Strong because he's never fired Strong before, b) he can't hire a good coach because he's never hired a coach before, and b) he's nice, therefore, he can't fire Strong?

I am biased against nice people and people that have a southern accents but ultimately it is my preference in life to hire people with stronger pedigrees at the jobs and levels looking to be filled than we have been doing. There are people in the world capable of mining for the diamonds in the rough but no one in our athletic department has demonstrated any ability to recognize the qualities necessary to harvest success and they need to simply look for stone cold tangible histories and results. 

6 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

In so many ways. It's bush league to delete it.
He's the AD, he should be supporting the team no matter what.

It's the internet, you don't often get away with deleting something you put out there.

Most of his posts have at most 200 engagements I am pretty sure he is going to be just fine deleting it because not many people probably saw it. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Every CCS coached game makes me hate Mark Harlan more and wish things on him that shouldn't be wished on anybody. Not for hiring CCS, but for the albatross contract he hung around the neck of USF Athletics while he was shopping himself to other schools.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am biased against nice people and people that have a southern accents but ultimately it is my preference in life to hire people with stronger pedigrees at the jobs and levels looking to be filled than we have been doing. There are people in the world capable of mining for the diamonds in the rough but no one in our athletic department has demonstrated any ability to recognize the qualities necessary to harvest success and they need to simply look for stone cold tangible histories and results. 

So your major two beefs with MK are that he's nice and that he wasn't a successful director of an athletic department better than ours before we hired him?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Every CCS coached game makes me hate Mark Harlan more and wish things on him that shouldn't be wished on anybody. Not for hiring CCS, but for the albatross contract he hung around the neck of USF Athletics while he was shopping himself to other schools.

An AD looking for a way out hired a coach that didn’t really want to be here.   Yeah that has success written all over it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

So your major two beefs with MK are that he's nice and that he wasn't a successful director of an athletic department better than ours before we hired him?

It would have been nice for him to have been an AD at any level comparable to ours before we decided to hire him or any level for that matter and yes I see niceness as weakness (I know its not always the case but it is more than its not).  

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So both of you are sure that a) Kelly can't fire Strong because he's never fired Strong before, b) he can't hire a good coach because he's never hired a coach before, and b) he's nice, therefore, he can't fire Strong?

That's a big read into what I stated.  My point was he has never done it and it may take longer than we expect as he has a learning curve to overcome.  Never said he can't do it...

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

You have a 4-win team that’s going to lose 14 of its last 18 games. Fan interest is approaching an all-time low. Your recruiting class for next year is ranked - at best - somewhere near the middle of the conference. It’s your move. What’s it gonna be? This is why you were hired.

A move??  Wonder what that move will be??  Oddly, reading comments the past week or so coming up to this game TBP people were starting to get cautiously optimistic about the Temple game and the potential for the last 3..me included. I think its hard for people to believe that it could get worse than last season...me included. CCS has pretty much showed that he just might not have it for a HC job. Maybe he did but his 5-6 year recent track record ain't good. He had some quick success why?? QF and the gang. As he started to add his recruits things went south. Something isn't right. Our coaches on the sideline are to subdued except our D coach he does get going at times...MK needs to stop the bleeding. My hats off to all the AAC teams that are on the rise. We are receiving good press for the Conference its just to **** bad were not part of it... 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

49 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Hire someone with a NewEngland accent who don’t use their Rs....our program will go places

27 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Hire someone with a NewEngland accent who don’t use their Rs....our program will go places

At least I will be moderately less annoyed than if he starts talking about “ya’ll I remember when I was knee high to a grasshopper and my paw paw would send me over yonder to get tea and pork rinds”.