• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OK, Michael Kelly . . .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, puc86 said:

To be fair there really is nothing anyone can say that will satisfy me, just fix it 

How about giving him a chance to do that?  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

I don’t have an opinion on Kelly at this point, but a lot of people seem to have already decided that he’s doing a good job and is better than his predecessors. I don’t have evidence of that one way or the other. Woolard’s tenure has warts but also was important in the construction of baseball, softball and soccer facilities, and the hiring of Taggart that eventually turned that program around. Harlan’s tenure also had warts but it did include the hiring of two coaches - Brian Gregory and Mark Kingston - that turned around struggling programs. Kelly’s story is yet to be written, but I do think a few have already decided he’s going to be a success. That’s wonderful. Let’s all hope, for our sake, that he lives up to the hype. Again, I don’t see any evidence to support that - yet.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I don’t have an opinion on Kelly at this point, but a lot of people seem to have already decided that he’s doing a good job and is better than his predecessors. I don’t have evidence of that one way or the other. Woolard’s tenure has warts but also was important in the construction of baseball, softball and soccer facilities, and the hiring of Taggart that eventually turned that program around. Harlan’s tenure also had warts but it did include the hiring of two coaches - Brian Gregory and Mark Kingston - that turned around struggling programs. Kelly’s story is yet to be written, but I do think a few have already decided he’s going to be a success. That’s wonderful. Let’s all hope, for our sake, that he lives up to the hype. Again, i don’t see any evidence to support that - yet.

I would like to think my vocal negativity is mostly because of that. Just like KB, kelly has been anointed a savior and while its not impossible there is little evidence to this point that it’s true.

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

How about giving him a chance to do that?  

If everyone can rush to anointing people great before they do a great thing I don’t know why I’m unreasonable for taking a more wait and see attitude.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I would like to think my vocal negativity is mostly because of that. Just like KB, kelly has been anointed a savior and while its not impossible there is little evidence to this point that it’s true.

Exactly. Show me first.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

If everyone can rush to anointing people great before they do a great thing I don’t know why I’m unreasonable for taking a more wait and see attitude.

No one has anointed him.  So far he seems like a reasonably intelligent, thoughtful person with a good personality.  He listens.  Contributions have increased.  Nothing earth shattering yet but way ahead of the last guy.

Guest Jonesy Bull
22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Woolard fires CJL so he goes down as the worst AD in history and many boosters didn’t seem to like Harlan at all so Kelly seems to be doing way better in that regard and it’s kind of a big deal (plus one made the CCS contract and one didnt but in all fairness has yet to make a football coach contract to date in life).

That couldn’t look any less like me,  not that there is anything wrong with that.

Wow Im agreeing with Puc again.  Has the world turned on its axis and Im not aware.

Again at this point i believe that Kelly is the man for the job.  If he fuks up this off season then Im likely to change my mind.  But i dont think that will happen.

Puc for your sake, glad u are better looking then that dude.  He looks like somebody from the hills of Appalacia.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

Just now, CousinRicky said:

No one has anointed him.  So far he seems like a reasonably intelligent, thoughtful person with a good personality.  He listens.  Contributions have increased.  Nothing earth shattering yet but way ahead of the last guy.

I think all of your points are right, except the first one. There are those who have anointed him here. I’ve read it.

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Fair enough that you like him much more is actually a big positive in my book, I just need something a bit more sexy that I can point to as proof positive that we are righting the ship in order for me to get a bit more excited 

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Fair enough that you like him much more is actually a big positive in my book, I just need something a bit more sexy that I can point to as proof positive that we are righting the ship in order for me to get a bit more excited 

Again, give him time. Firing a head coach mid season ala FSU is an outlier.