• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OK, Michael Kelly . . .

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Fair enough I just want to be convinced we can turn it around and maybe that’s just unreasonable expectations given our current lot in life, it’s just sad because I feel there was a time when it felt like the sky was the limit.

Come on, puc, that's ******** and you know it. You know **** well there's no convincing you we can turn anything around as long as we're relegated to where we are. Why the charade?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

12 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Agree!  

I was hoping that CCS and staff turned the corner winning 3 out of 4.  But that Temple game was pretty much a must win and they failed.  Time to move on.....I think Kelly has a plan on next steps.  He has had alot of time to weigh his options if this season turned into a dumpster fire.  Last year his hands were tied.

Im not saying Kelly is the best thing since sliced bread but he is certainly better than what we have had since the late great LRS imo.

Why do you say that about Kelly? I’m not saying you are wrong. He could be better than Woolard and Harlan. Just wondering what brings you to that conclusion? The 2-for-1 scheduling deals?

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Fair enough I just want to be convinced we can turn it around and maybe that’s just unreasonable expectations given our current lot in life, it’s just sad because I feel there was a time when it felt like the sky was the limit.

Being a USF fan, nothing, especially ecpecting success and for things to go our way....is never certain.  In fact its usually the opposite.

But I will never give up hoping until i move to the next world.

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Why do you say that about Kelly? I’m not saying you are wrong. He could be better than Woolard and Harlan. Just wondering what brings you to that conclusion? The 2-for-1 scheduling deals?

Because of his experience and connections.  He has been successfull every where he has been.  This is obviously just my opinion not based on fact.

Ive said we will find out how really good he is in the off season.  He needs to hit a home run with this next hire.  If he doesnt then Im wrong.

What have you expected him to do to this point besides getting this IPF thing to a conclusion?  And that seems to be close.  This is his first really big test.  I believe he will succeed but time will tell.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Woolard fires CJL so he goes down as the worst AD in history and many boosters didn’t seem to like Harlan at all so Kelly seems to be doing way better in that regard and it’s kind of a big deal (plus one made the CCS contract and one didnt but in all fairness has yet to make a football coach contract to date in life).

11 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

OMG is that Puc? 

What a good looking man!

That couldn’t look any less like me,  not that there is anything wrong with that.

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Come on, puc, that's ******** and you know it. You know **** well there's no convincing you we can turn anything around as long as we're relegated to where we are. Why the charade?

I’m actually an eternal optimist just not so much about things I do not completely control and seem to be in a death spiral.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

He just seems a bit too corporate and polished for me and i error more towards direct experience than most people on here. If you won’t head butt someone wearing a helmet and people aren’t fearful that you could punch or slap them then you probably aren’t my pick.

My cat yacking up a fur ball is a bit too polished for you. Okay, I don't have a cat.

Seriously, how much time have you spent with the guy?  He isn't a corporate type at all.  

Just now, CousinRicky said:

My cat yacking up a fur ball is a bit too polished for you. Okay, I don't have a cat.

Seriously, how much time have you spent with the guy?  He isn't a corporate type at all.  

Probably an hour maybe two and I actually really enjoyed some of conversations except when he was trying to convince me that in a lot of ways we are better poised for success than we were 10 years ago, that’s nonsense and his stupid fluff piece where he stated the keep calm and play to your strengths meme that he also posted on social media that screams to me guy who owns cats and reads raving fans for fun.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Probably an hour maybe two and I actually really enjoyed some of conversations except when he was trying to convince me that in a lot of ways we are better poised for success than we were 10 years ago, that’s nonsense and his stupid fluff piece where he stated the keep calm and play to your strengths meme that he also posted on social media that screams to me guy who owns cats and reads raving fans for fun.

So you wanted him to tell you that we suck and you should give up your season tickets?

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

So you wanted him to tell you that we suck and you should give up your season tickets?

To be fair there really is nothing anyone can say that will satisfy me, just fix it