• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why does Kerwin Bell hate offense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

http://www.usforacle.com/2019/10/19/navy-sinks-bulls-battleship-in-35-3-loss/

Still, though, the plan going forward appears to be sticking with McCloud despite injury.

“We’ve got to see where Jordan is and just try to get him healthy,” Strong said. “He’s not healthy. He wasn’t healthy last week [against BYU], and him bouncing back this week. We’ve got to get our best player out there on the field, and he, right now, he gives us the best chance to win.”

But Strong thinks things will be fine.

“We’ll be OK,” Strong said. “We’ll be able to bounce back. I mean, they have no choice. But we’ll be all right. We’ve got to go to East Carolina, we’ve got to play well, and then we’re back at home. So we’ll bounce back. I’m not concerned about that.”

This guy is clowning everybody and is daring Kelly to fire him. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, usf97 said:

“We’ll be OK,” Strong said. “We’ll be able to bounce back. I mean, they have no choice. But we’ll be all right. We’ve got to go to East Carolina, we’ve got to play well, and then we’re back at home. So we’ll bounce back. I’m not concerned about that.”

Who is this THEY of which he speaks?  It's WE dude.  At this point he can't pin things on anyone else other than himself.  Playing a hurt quarterback the second half when it obviously is not putting points on the board is all on you.  Any of the other 5 quarterbacks could have gone in and scored no points while JM had more healing time.

Guest Jonesy Bull

Well that didnt take long.  After 2 wins, most people (especially excluding puc) were feeling better and a little bit optimistic.

Now its back to normal gloom and doom and fire everybody.

I agree and have for a while now CCS should be let go and clean house.  Still dont think KB is bad.  He is limited right now.  CCS on the other has no excuses.  He put us in this position by combination of recruiting, lack og developing players, not properly preparing the team week to week, bad game planning and in game decisions, etc etc.

Kelly I dont know if we have the money for i bought out but we definately need a new HC and direction.....pretty please!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Well that didnt take long.  After 2 wins, most people (especially excluding puc) were feeling better and a little bit optimistic.

Now its back to normal gloom and doom and fire everybody.

I agree and have for a while now CCS should be let go and clean house.  Still dont think KB is bad.  He is limited right now.  CCS on the other has no excuses.  He put us in this position by combination of recruiting, lack og developing players, not properly preparing the team week to week, bad game planning and in game decisions, etc etc.

Kelly I dont know if we have the money for i bought out but we definately need a new HC and direction.....pretty please!

Based on what exactly do you not think KB is bad? He came here with one goal and that was to throw TDs early and often. Thus far he has the 112th passing game out of 130 teams and the only reason it isn’t 130th is because we played two FCS level teams. This offense is entirely on KB and it’s disgusting. If KB had produced in any regard people would be flocking to give him credit and yet people every week do mental gymnastics to distance him from his results.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Based on what exactly do you not think KB is bad? He came here with one goal and that was to throw TDs early and often. Thus far he has the 112th passing game out of 130 teams and the only reason it isn’t 130th is because we played two FCS level teams. This offense is entirely on KB and it’s disgusting. If KB had produced in any regard people would be flocking to give him credit and yet people every week do mental gymnastics to distance him from his results.

When exactly did KB get talent to run his offense? Did it happen and I just missed it. Not even the late Bill Walsh could turn around this offense with the talent that is on it. I mean we essentially have no QB and WR. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Exactly what percentage of the zero offense KB has produced against non FCS level teams would you say is CCS’ fault? As you pointed out Blake was the QB and everyone said that was the thing CCS was doing to hold the offense back because he favored the senior he had brought in. We were told if only McCloud could start then things would miracle themselves into place because KB just needs dual threat QBs and the tapes all showed clearly how things were night and day better with McCloud. Then McCloud started and he looked great against a KB level team but as soon as we played a real team it was McCloud that was holding us back and if only Blake could start then we would be fine. Now that KB has killed Blake and Mccloud I am sure missing them will be the only problem and if he could have just have had either of them healthy things would be just swell despite the fact he has yet to produce any passing offense at all against FBS level competition, no matter who the QB is, at any point in his career.

Maybe our qb situation is that bad. Just because we are fbs doesn’t mean we have recruited good QBs here. Obviously you don’t watch the games. Any average Qb can hit wide open receivers. The oline has played great the last 3 weeks. Mccloud had a lot of time yesterday. We are just a really bad team with no big time players. Bb threw 12 touchdowns last year and 11 ints. Mccloud obviously shouldn’t be starting at this level. You can’t have a explosive or great offense if the Qb can’t complete a pass. We have to recruit better. Obviously the last 3 years ccs has struggled recruiting QBs and talent. Look at ucf when there players are open the Qb hits them. And about Kb producing. We ran for 240 vs a BYU team that just beat Boise state. Who supposedly have a good offense. If ckb can get a qb in here to throw the ball. It will change everything I believe! 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

What some people seem to forget is that the head coach sets the tone and the culture of the program.  He hires all of the assistants and decides who to recruit.  I thought Gilbert needed to go last year but the problems with this program run much deeper than which OC is calling plays.

Chuckles changed OCs at Texas and nothing changed.  Plain and simple he is the problem and needs to go.

Someone gets it. Definitely a culture is issue. You see it the way we play and in recruiting. We shouldn’t look as slow navy. It starts from the top, if we didn’t lose 6 in a row last year I wouldn’t be defending the new coaches. But they walked into a bad situation and it looks like it’s at the point where it can’t be fixed. Can’t judge a offense without a competent Qb or him being able to get his guys in 7 games. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

If ckb can get a qb in here to throw the ball. It will change everything I believe! 

I agree also...McCloud looked pretty good his first several games even vs GT.  The guy had no business starting vs Navy the guy is really injured and Strong thought that McCloud gave him his best chance to lose and get fired I mean win.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

What some people seem to forget is that the head coach sets the tone and the culture of the program.  He hires all of the assistants and decides who to recruit.  I thought Gilbert needed to go last year but the problems with this program run much deeper than which OC is calling plays.

Chuckles changed OCs at Texas and nothing changed.  Plain and simple he is the problem and needs to go.

This. CCS has slowly taken the program to a low point. It was a bad hire and a bad fit.