• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why does Kerwin Bell hate offense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

When exactly did KB get talent to run his offense? Did it happen and I just missed it. Not even the late Bill Walsh could turn around this offense with the talent that is on it. I mean we essentially have no QB and WR. 

He should be able to run something that resembles an offense; it may not be humming but it should be capable of moving. Plenty of coaches are able to get lesser quality players to over produce and be labeled system guys, getting labeled a KB system QB means you produce 50 yds of passing a game that’s just awful no matter who your QB is.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This. CCS has slowly quickly taken the program to a low point. It was a bad hire and a bad fit. 

fixed for you

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, puc86 said:

He should be able to run something that resembles an offense; it may not be humming but it should be capable of moving. Plenty of coaches are able to get lesser quality players to over produce and be labeled system guys, getting labeled a KB system QB means you produce 50 yds of passing a game that’s just awful no matter who your QB is.

I disagree this is the worst talent we’ve had at QB...EVER. Yes, it may be due to injury but it is still the worst. This may also be the worst talent EVER at WR and OL. You can’t make a steak sandwich from ****. This all falls on CCS...

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

Maybe our qb situation is that bad. Just because we are fbs doesn’t mean we have recruited good QBs here. Obviously you don’t watch the games. Any average Qb can hit wide open receivers. The oline has played great the last 3 weeks. Mccloud had a lot of time yesterday. We are just a really bad team with no big time players. Bb threw 12 touchdowns last year and 11 ints. Mccloud obviously shouldn’t be starting at this level. You can’t have a explosive or great offense if the Qb can’t complete a pass. We have to recruit better. Obviously the last 3 years ccs has struggled recruiting QBs and talent. Look at ucf when there players are open the Qb hits them. And about Kb producing. We ran for 240 vs a BYU team that just beat Boise state. Who supposedly have a good offense. If ckb can get a qb in here to throw the ball. It will change everything I believe! 

How long do you think that’s going to take? Spoiler alert KB has no longer than 1 season and 5 games left to succeed and his chances some 30% into his tenure here are looking bleak.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

How long do you think that’s going to take? Spoiler alert KB has no longer than 1 season and 5 games left to succeed and his chances some 30% into his tenure here are looking bleak.

...and I think that this ample time. You may be right that he sucks but it’s fair to see what he can do in that time frame. 

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I disagree this is the worst talent we’ve had at QB...EVER. Yes, it may be due to injury but it is still the worst. This may also be the worst talent EVER at WR and OL. You can’t make a steak sandwich from ****. This all falls on CCS...

This is absolutely not true Blake was 100x the QB Julmiste, Eveld, Denson and Floyd were. This seasons QBs if not for the offense we are trying horribly unsuccessfully to run would be firmly in the middle of our all time QBs.

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

...and I think that this ample time. You may be right that he sucks but it’s fair to see what he can do in that time frame. 

You believe in miracles and magic I suppose because he is 30 percent into his overall time here and 60 percent into his first season. It is pretty easy to judge where his current path is taking us but I suppose it’s fair to assume he will not continue full speed over the cliff he is aiming for and will at some point just jerk the steering wheel and have the bus do rolls until it comes to a stop.

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

I’d take Brian Fisher at this point. We would have a better chance than McCloud playing hurt.

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

This is absolutely not true Blake was 100x the QB Julmiste, Eveld, Denson and Floyd were. This seasons QBs if not for the offense we are trying horribly unsuccessfully to run would be firmly in the middle of our all time QBs.

Again I noted the injuries. I am talking right now...at this point right now it’s never been worse in my opinion 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Again I noted the injuries. I am talking right now...at this point right now it’s never been worse in my opinion 

But KB is the one that killed them