• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why does Kerwin Bell hate offense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

KB has failed to get Wilcox and Mathis involved more in passing game plans. So many third and longs he calls what looks like a long pass or short run plays. I think we had 3rd and 17 and we ran for 2. That's frustrating but KB doesn't seem to have a lack of playbook that Gilbert had. His decisions so far at key moments coupled with lousy execution has led to disastrous results but I'm not completely convinced yet that KB will fail here. 

Edited by pascobull

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I will say after how terrible McCloud looked against BYU, I seriously doubted he would play in this Navy game and was expecting to hear some announcement that Rygol would start. McCloud even sat out practice on Tuesday I believe. 

Obviously that never happened. 

Then to see their insistence on leaving him in there today does make you question the coaches (KB especially) ability to evaluate what appears to be obvious to every lay person. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, usf97 said:

I will say after how terrible McCloud looked against BYU, I seriously doubted he would play in this Navy game and was expecting to hear some announcement that Rygol would start. McCloud even sat out practice on Tuesday I believe. 

Then to see their insistence on leaving him in there today does make you question the coaches (KB especially) ability to evaluate what appears to be obvious to every lay person. 

Almost like how 99 out of 100 people would have ran the ball last week again BYU and we happened to hire the one person that was going to pass it until they ran out of people physically able to throw the ball anymore.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, usf97 said:

A lot of time in college football it’s the head coaches decision on who plays at Qb and who get taken out. Obviously mccloud is ccs recruit. The line blocked Navy better than any of the teams before that played them. Even the Memphis game. Ckb ran the ball but navy decided to stack the box and did it better than BYU. You can’t just run the ball vs good teams with everyone stopping the run. Sooner or later the Qb will have to make the throw . Wilcox was open a bunch and mccloud just didn’t throw him the ball. A lot of receivers were running wide open and mccloud had good protection. He just didn’t hit them again. Ckb also called short passes and mccloud missed them. Obviously it’s a recruiting issue here and a qb issue. If you can’t see that then you are watching the game with your heart, not your eyes! 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848

10 minutes ago, usf97 said:

was expecting to hear some announcement that Rygol would start. 

I expect he'll start the ECU game. He played 5 minutes and finished with more passing yards than JM.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

A lot of time in college football it’s the head coaches decision on who plays at Qb and who get taken out. 

So if Strong...just further proof he is horrible as if we needed more proof

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

So if Strong...just further proof he is horrible as if we needed more proof

In an interview earlier in the year when people were calling for McCloud over Barnett, CKB said that CCS would make the decision. 

It's time to cut CCS loose. Give CKB the rest of the season to audition. No more "CEO" head coaches. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

25 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

If you can’t see that then you are watching the game with your heart, not your eyes! 

Seriously?!?

So you think I am watching the game with my heart instead of my eyes because I expect the coaching staff to play a QB that can both grip and throw a ball?

Next you will be telling me if I expect the punter to be able to both catch and kick the ball that I am watching the game with my what....spleen?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

5 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

In an interview earlier in the year when people were calling for McCloud over Barnett, CKB said that CCS would make the decision. 

It's time to cut CCS loose. Give CKB the rest of the season to audition. No more "CEO" head coaches. 

Exactly what percentage of the zero offense KB has produced against non FCS level teams would you say is CCS’ fault? As you pointed out Blake was the QB and everyone said that was the thing CCS was doing to hold the offense back because he favored the senior he had brought in. We were told if only McCloud could start then things would miracle themselves into place because KB just needs dual threat QBs and the tapes all showed clearly how things were night and day better with McCloud. Then McCloud started and he looked great against a KB level team but as soon as we played a real team it was McCloud that was holding us back and if only Blake could start then we would be fine. Now that KB has killed Blake and Mccloud I am sure missing them will be the only problem and if he could have just have had either of them healthy things would be just swell despite the fact he has yet to produce any passing offense at all against FBS level competition, no matter who the QB is, at any point in his career.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

6 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

So let the guy who runs up the middle on first and second down when we are down 3 scores audition to be the head coach? If his offense was clicking and CCS was making dumb decisions costing us games then sure. Bell has yet to show he is cut out to coach at this level. Hopefully that changes and quick. I’m all for him to succeed but a different approach like scoring may help.